Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  5:28:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies i have decided once and for all to quit smoking! yippy for me I have done this before when i would get pregnant, but this seems so much harder without the baby involved! But for the sake of my kids and hubby it was time again to let it go. wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.

"Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark!"

Edited by - Ca-Reds on Mar 10 2011 3:59:02 PM

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  6:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kristy,

I will be praying for you!!! You can do it!!! My Mom quit at age 63 even with my father (a heavy smoker) around the house :) You go girl!!!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

earthmamaT
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Tammy
portola California
96 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  6:14:58 PM  Show Profile
YOU CAN DO IT!! My oldest son is 32 after smoking 2 packs a day for years he quit cold turkey in Dec and not one smoke since then!!!! He watched me lay in the hospital for over a week with pneumonia and asthma complications ( I did almost die). Since I do not smoke and had these issues it scared him. He does have asthma so this was truly a life or death question for him. Joey chewed on gum, carrot sticks. He changed up his routine so that he had something else to do during trigger times ( coffee in the morning)......BEST OF LUCK>>>

Tammy ~
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  06:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Hay girlfriend, Thats so great. I quite again but this time its for real.....I'll never go back!! (3 yrs now) You can do this, you are WOMEN! You can do anything. Tough as it will be you just can't back-slide.....remember its for your health AND your pocket book (thats an expensive habit these days). I'm pulling for you - I know you can do it.

Being strong for you,
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  4:01:47 PM  Show Profile
An update... I have not be a smoker for 4 days now. I had back slid, but am back on the wagon now and doing great! My Hubby is quitting too. I thank God for all the help!

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  08:24:09 AM  Show Profile
I hope you're till on the wagon! I quit back in June and haven't lit up since! :)

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  12:02:58 PM  Show Profile
I will be saying a prayer for you! Notonly is this great for you but also for everyone in your family - best of luck!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi

farmgirl sister #2822

embchicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  3:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Kristy!(and good for your honey!) I'm still praying :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  03:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Keep going Kristy! You can do it!!

This is an interesting article:
http://www.highlighthealth.com/cancer/smoking-cessation-timeline-what-happens-when-you-quit/#axzz1HnR63iq5

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  04:46:42 AM  Show Profile
Alee what a informative site you posted, Thanks for sharing it.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  07:04:32 AM  Show Profile
One day at a time. Keep up the great work. Determination. You got it!

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  09:25:00 AM  Show Profile
Kristy,
I will be your quitting smoking buddy! I quit in January for 3 weeks, cold turkey. I back slid when my DD came home because her DH decided he did not want to be married anymore. She had quit smoking for over 4 months and back slid. We are quitting for good...our quit date is Friday, April 1st. I am determined to do it this time. That information that Alee posted is very helpful.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  2:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for all your encouragment! sad to say i have back slid... i have now gone 6 days twice, then have given in... :-( i am having a real struggle this time... But Friday april first sounds like a good day to try again!

Alee, yes that was a great site you posted! Thank You

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  11:31:32 AM  Show Profile
You can do it! We're all rooting for you. It's definitely a challenge, (I still have cravings) but you feel so strong and so confident when you beat them!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  1:40:40 PM  Show Profile
I've never been a smoker, but I have been over 100 lbs over weight. I think balancing eating right and not smoking is about the same thing (habit wise!). My advice is, you can't QUIT a habit, you can only replace a habit. So find something to replace the cigs. When I first started on my weight loss journey I made a list of things to do instead of glaring inside the fridge. Make a list of things to do instead of reaching for a cig. When you feel the urge to smoke go get your list and read it and start doing things on the list one by one! Do things where it may be impossible to smoke-go get your nails done! Or paint your own. Go get a facial. Go for a bike ride. Things that are hard to keep something like a cig in your hands or mouth. The harder it is to smoke during the things on your list the easier it will be to avoid smoking during such. Make sure though they are things you would enjoy, other wise if it is between smoking and doing the thing on the lists you may tend to just go ahead and smoke! But, if it's things you would really enjoy that will be extra incentive to just do them instead of smoking.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  1:43:43 PM  Show Profile
PS I found I had to resort to my lists quite a bit the first year of my weight loss, but after a while I just naturally did the other things and it stopped even occuring to me to go look in the fridge/pantry if it wasn't time to eat. I don't know for sure if that would eventually happen with smoking, but I have a feeling after a while it would. Cause it just becomes habit you know.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  09:51:32 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, when i quit smoking I started snacking more! Believe me, i'd rather be overweight than a smoker again! I also wish i had all the money back that i spent on cigs. I don't know how people can afford it...I think it's up to $10 a pack here.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Cleaning up my lungs! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page