Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 farm family in crisis needs love and hope
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic farm family in crisis needs love and hope Next Topic  

necobia
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Lois
gloucester va
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  08:58:43 AM  Show Profile
dear farm girl sisters,
I have a farmgirl friend and her DH that could use some true acts of kindness. They go to my church and we live in Gloucester Va. 23149
a year ago their youngest daughter amy was killed in a car accident, they have always been cattle farmers, but as they are getting older their farm has gotten smaller on Jan 1 2011 they had 43 healthy cows at their farm, then another tragedy struck, this time it was coyotes as of now the coyotes have killed all but 19 of their cows, this family isn't sure they are going to be able to recover, financially or emotionally this is where I am begging my farmgirl family to come in, if anyone is able to send them prayes, cards, words of encouragement, RAOK boxes or anything else that could be helpful in keeping their hope afloat please I beg you to do so, you can see their story at this link:
http://www.wvec.com/home/Coyotes-attack-Gloucester-Co-farmer-is-asking-for-help-115126574.html

mailing address is :
Gordon and Damaris Llewellyn
12471 county line road
saluda, Va, 23149

Edited by - necobia on Feb 14 2011 09:41:29 AM

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:11:21 AM  Show Profile
I asked for my church and friends to help. I will do what I can. Might just be a letter and prayer, but I will try.

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

necobia
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Lois
gloucester va
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:22:16 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much amomfly, spreading the word and thoughts and prayers is awesome!
last night 40 people from our church went to the farm and prayed with them it was a magnificent thing I was very excited to have 5 children join the circle and see, understand and pray for Mr. Gordon!
He and his wife are wonderful people, over the years they have payed many bills for many needy people , bought bus fare for wayward souls trying to get home when they were down and out, They are deserving to be blessed in their time of need. I am only able to help him by keeping 2 of his cows at my house and walking the property every morning at 5am to check the traps, but he is sooooo greatful. It breaks my heart to see how this is wearing on him but, I knew I could count on the support and love of farmgirls! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Lois, prayers, prayers. Will be happy to see what can be done to help. Than k you for sharing with us!!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

dprovence
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Debbie
Little Rock AR
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  6:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Will be sending love and many prayers for this family. They sound like wonderful people and I hope and pray for the Lord to give them strength in their time of need.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  8:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, what a sad story! Those poor, dear people. I will pray for them, too. Is there anything special they need, anything in particular, Lois? - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  8:44:40 PM  Show Profile
I will pitch in in the next couple of days, when the dust settles here.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  05:39:35 AM  Show Profile
I will add prayers and pass this information on to others. So sorry to see what trouble they are having to go through.

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  05:50:02 AM  Show Profile
Many prayers going your way for this family. Is there anything particular they need? What is RAOK Boxes?

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  09:10:55 AM  Show Profile
The Llewellyn family is in our thoughts. We are so sorry to hear of their losses. Yes, please, let us all know what they might need?

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

necobia
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Lois
gloucester va
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  11:38:37 AM  Show Profile
mostly they need something to bighten their day and show them that there are people in the world that they dont even know who care and are praying for them, cards are great anything is wonderful anything they are at such a low place and need to be picked up. I know times are bad all over so it is just hard.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  5:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What about Farm Aid? http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5IhNVJsE/b.2750749/k.89E0/Family_Farmers.htm

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

necobia
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Lois
gloucester va
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  04:44:42 AM  Show Profile
Farm aid can only help people with weather related disasters and start up costs, They have looked for help from the usda, the extension service and from our county and they also have similar policies, coyote attacks are so rare that there aren't really any programs in place yet. We attended a board of supervisors meeting last night and instead of offering a bounty on the coyotes which is what we had hoped for, they decided to create a website with information on avoiding coyotes. It is just very frustrating at this point.
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic farm family in crisis needs love and hope Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page