Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic herbal remedy for ears??? Next Topic  

BamaSuzy
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Alabama
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  2:09:58 PM  Show Profile

I have a good friend who is about 50 who has had three massive ear infections this winter....it's certainly not from swimming but her ears are producing too much moisture...her doctors says he wants to put tubes in her ears but at her age she doesn't want the surgery...

Do you know of any herbal or natural remedies to help this moisture and ear problem???

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt!

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  2:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Not sure if it will help the moisture, but google tea tree oil. I think that's good for ears. My MIL uses sweet oil- that's what it's called (she got it in WalMart) for earaches because of a build up of earwax. There's also a nature remedy called Similisan... I used it for my girls. You can find it at WalMart and drug stores as well.

Hope this helps some.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  05:06:03 AM  Show Profile
the only thing we use is Garlic Oil. I swear by it, its a natural antibiotic. When my daughter was a baby & had ear infection after ear infection & they wanted to put tubes in, my friend a naturalist told us about it & it works. It comes in a bottle & you wont smell like garlic, Kyloric (spelled wrong?) makes it any health store will know.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  12:38:04 PM  Show Profile
I infuse mullein in olive oil to make my ear oil, works wonder!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  1:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Garlic oil takes care of bacterial and fungal infections the two types of ear infections.
The ENT told me to prevent infection to flush out my ears with a 50/50 mix of alcohol and vinegar about once a week it works .

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

BStein
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Barbara
Westerville OH
75 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  7:24:30 PM  Show Profile
Everything I've read about tea tree oil recently says it's great for ears.
EAR INFECTIONS
Five drops of oil can be mixed with five drops of olive oil. Warm slightly (make sure it is not too hot) and drop a small amount into the ear.
Barbara in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  05:58:36 AM  Show Profile
I have heard of using mineral oil - a few drops in each ear every week or so. For moisture though, I just read about treating ear wax by using hydrogen peroxide to dissolve the wax, but that leaves water behind which causes infections. The article said to follow the HP treatment with a few drops of rubbing alcohol, which helps dissapate the remaining water in the ear canal.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

theresa333
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Theresa
MI
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  04:01:11 AM  Show Profile
Sambuca, elderberry syrup, to prevent colds.

We love to make elderberry jam, syrup and wine to get us through the cold (not this year) winters!!

Theresa in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  08:02:04 AM  Show Profile
I agree with the garlic oil... just make sure the capsules you get are oil & not gel or it won't go down far enough.

I have used this several times on my children & it is amazing. I never got the unscented kind though, (wasnt sure if it was oil or gel)My kids hated the smell, but they felt much better. I told a neighbor about it when her child had an earache, she asked me to put it in his ear. He stopped crying after 15 minutes & was playing like he wasnt sick at all. My neighbor said she'd wished she had called me earlier as he had been crying all day. I know my mom also used it on my youngest sister. Wish she had know of it when I was a kid. I used to get earaches too. Those drops the DR gives never worked.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  08:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Garlic oil for sure. My mom always used it and it worked wonders.

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  10:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
You girls are all over this one--there is nothing left for me to recomend. Hope your friend is feeling better soon!

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic herbal remedy for ears??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page