Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Grout Next Topic  

SusieK
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Texas
167 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  07:54:23 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone got any ideas how to clean grout I have so much. It is floor grout thinking about restaining it.

Be Safe & Be Blessed

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  2:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Is it white, or colored? What color are the stains? I know there are steam cleaners that can do tile floors. And I think there's a roomba that does tile floors too. :)

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  3:33:33 PM  Show Profile
SusieK - I'm another Texas girl right there with you having lots of floor tile. It's beautiful but dirt sure accumulates in the grout and any mop water, floor cleaner, etc. pools the dirty water in the grout. For small really dirty areas (or if you're really ambitious for a large area) I've found that Mr Clean Magic Eraser will clean the grout. Also, Scrubbing Bubbles will remove the dirt from the grout but has to be rinsed really well or it will leave a sticky residue. I'll be interested to hear others' responses.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  6:37:41 PM  Show Profile
my sister just had an estimate done for this very thing. they want over $400.00 to use a steam machine to clean it. i have a steamer so we are going to try it. will let you know. then she is going to stain it a darker color. white does not work. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  06:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Let me know, Sherrye. I haven't cleaned my linoleum with a steamcleaner-I've always mopped. But I'd assume it would work on linoleum as well. Like I said before, I know steam cleaners will do tile and grout, so I can't wait to hear what happens, Susie!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SusieK
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Texas
167 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  12:02:20 AM  Show Profile
Please let me know how the staining goes. My grout is a light tan color think I am going darker this time my tile is a light beige.

Be Safe & Be Blessed
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  8:37:46 PM  Show Profile
i will get back to you on this. i am talking to my sister tomorrow. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Grout Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page