Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 I have Eczema, and it wont go away this time :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I have Eczema, and it wont go away this time :( Next Topic  

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  7:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I have had Eczema for year, and it only comes when the weather gets cold. I have a few spots on my hands where I usually get it, but for some reason this year I have a spot on my belly, and its so ITCHY!!! Anyone who has Eczema, knows just how annoying it is. I have tried any lotion there is out there, I even just bought that new Aveeno Eczema creme that is to help and it doesnt do anything either. I have been to the doctors and they have given me creams too, but nothing seems to work this time around. Does anyone have Eczema too and do something different that I haven't tried yet??

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  05:26:40 AM  Show Profile
My daughter has eczema that sometimes is so bad...sometimes it actually looks like her skin has been scalded. Anyway, the dermatologist told us to not bathe her everyday and to use regular vegetable shortening on the areas and it really helped. We did find out that she had some food allergies so avoiding that helped. I also started her on flaxseed and evening primrose oil supplements. Since I started all of the advice around the same time, I can't say which helped more but this regimen has kept her pretty clear for twenty years - now she only has issues when she is under alot of stress.

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  06:27:26 AM  Show Profile
Food allergies! I had eczema bad and all over. I went to a nutritionist and we discovered several food allergies, one being gluten. I also had a reaction to sugar after years of it. After changing my diet and avoiding the more severe intolerance (there were several) and with some supplements for about 6 months, it's gone. I live in the high desert so I do have a bit of dry skin and still take the fish oil pills, but none of the allergy eczema reaction. It's wonderful. It took nearly 8 months to clean me out, mostly my fault as I had a hard time giving up my chai. Now I can drink them again.

As Starletta said, I don't bath everyday. and stress can set it off (had a recent bombshell), though now I know what it is and was able to destress myself enough to have it go away within a few days.

Good luck. It can be a tough period.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  07:09:14 AM  Show Profile
I am having the same trouble you are. My face feels like I am constantly sunburned because of it. The only thing I have found that relieves the itch and soothes the burned feeling is Lasinoh Lanolin. (It's the stuff they use for nursing mothers to assist in breast feeding. You can find it in the baby section and it is extremely inexpensive. A small tube last forever. :)
I found with the Aveeno and different lotions that they contain alcohol. This is will cause the burn and dry out the eczema which causes extra itchiness.
If you can't find it, and want to give it a try, let me know and I will send some your way. :D
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  10:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Thanks for your help ladies. I know the bathing everyday sets it off. I only bathe about every other day in the winter. That really sets it off. I figured stress may have something do with it... But I have never talked to anyone else that has it.so I didn't know that either. I have read on like webmd.com and such, but its always nice to talk to a person that has it rather than a bunch of medical non-sense. I did try Aveeno, and it did "burn" so that went back on the shelf of "lotions I can only use in the summer". I have NO outbreaks of it in the summer. As soon as October hits, is when it comes.

Jess, The stuff, Lasinoh Lanoli, what is it? Like a lotion, or a balm??? Really greasy lotions irritate the crap out of it too. And thats interesting you said it feels like your face is sunburned, because thats what it does kinda feel like, really itchy sunburn.

The food allergies sounds interesting also, that may be the case too. Thats something to think about too. I am allergic to a few things that I know of. But if I could pin point something, it would be well worth it to at least try to figure it out.

Thanks for all your help, and keep it coming ladies!

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:10:20 PM  Show Profile
its like a thick gel. its a bit greasy but not really. i use it around my face and mouth all the time. It never breaks me out or irritates it more. It is mainly used for around your "nursing area" so it is safe to go in a newborns mouth. It is very mild but goes on thickly so it moistens well.
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  6:50:22 PM  Show Profile
I have had great successful with Squalane. It comes from whale. Maybe that is why fish oil works. But this is topical you don't ingest it and yes stress and diet are major factors.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Denise, where do you buy the Squalane? I'm going to try the other creme mentioned here and want to try what you mentioned too.

I just want to make it GO AWAY!!! Thanks for all your help!!!

Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  09:25:02 AM  Show Profile
My hands get really bad in the winter. Right now I am trying full strength tea tree oil and it seems to be making a difference. I also make a paste of finely ground oatmeal and water, smear it on my hands, when it dries I scrape off the larger pieces and sleep with what is left on my hands. That takes the itch out.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I have Eczema, and it wont go away this time :( Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page