Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  7:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
My hair is "enhanced" brown and really really short!! So much easier for me!!

P.S. Ida- my maiden name was Ida!!! LOVE IT!!!
Go to Top of Page

Garden_artist
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
182 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  2:17:43 PM  Show Profile
My hair is dishwater blonde, with strand of gold and silver. I'll be 40 on Sunday and I am thankful the natural gold out weighs the silver 100 to 1. It's long about mid back and I plan to let it grow to the floor in a big long silver braid. I usually tie it up with nothing but hair into a bun on the back of my head when I am out working in the nursery yard.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Redhen
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Moe
Illinois
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  05:13:59 AM  Show Profile
My hair is baby fine and poker straight so I have it super short and spiky. It just looks too thin and flat otherwise. My natural color use to be a chestnut brown. I have been using color for 6 years and recently decided to stop just to see how much gray I have. I was sure surprised to see I still dont have alot and what I do have is silver white, and its mostly in the bang area. The rest has gotten really, really dark brown! Go figure. So I think I'll keep toughing it out and see what it looks like. I am 47 (in a couple weeks)and I have been wondering at what point do you stop color? Besides, I know a girl younger who has the most prettiest snow white streaks framing her pretty face. I hope mine is going to look like that!! Fun topic as usual, Frannie.

....I don't believe we're in Kansas anymore.The Wizard of Oz
Go to Top of Page

ida
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

ida
camden ohio
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  05:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Send ida a Yahoo! Message
catscharm74...hehe there arent too many ida's out there!! did you mean that your last name was Ida? Thanks kinda cool....never heard of it as a last name!

Ida in Ohio

Mom's Makin' Scents
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  06:25:59 AM  Show Profile
Well mine is short. Have been wanting to grow it out long for a few years but can never get past that "middle stage". you know, where it's too short to pull back but is in your face all the time. Mine is more wavy than curly, but if I wear it short, about 3-4 inches long,I can get out of the shower towel dry and scrunch with my fingers. Since I'm not one to fiddle with hair or make-up(would rather be sewin,reading etc.) this works for me. DH refuses to give an opinion on hairstyles or lenghths. He says whatever I like is fine with him. ( He's such a smart man!) As for color mine is the same old medium brown it's been since the beginning. There is an occasional gray hair. For a while I plucked these out but have deciede that @ 53 it's okay to have them.

This was fun. Teddie
P.S. Love the pics Susan. Looks like you have a graphic artist in the family.
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  06:39:40 AM  Show Profile
You all make me so jealous!!!! I keep trying to grow my hair, but it just WON'T grow!!! So it is almost shoulder length and getting very very grey............and used to highlight my hair, but am pretty proud of my gray, so am letting it come in. Also it is straight as a string (and about as limp) so I get a perm every six months or so..............am in dire need of one right now but am waiting until just before my trip to Seattle...........!!

"There is a voice that doesn't use words........Listen."
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  08:03:05 AM  Show Profile
Mine is brown, medium length, I try to keep it down, but I get irritated with it and then tie it back....I always have a binder in my hair.

I have a grey streak that all womenin my moms family get, but I am still at an age (26)where covering it matters to me, so I do dye it. I have decided though, that when the day comes that I feel crone-ish in my woman cycle, I will not dye it....For now I remain a mother and I dye. LOL

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  10:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ida- yes my last name was Ida...Used to confuse the heck out of people...they couldn't figure out my first name from my last....
Go to Top of Page

ida
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

ida
camden ohio
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  10:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ida a Yahoo! Message
hehe...wow that's a first!! what is your ethnic background?

Mom's Makin' Scents
Go to Top of Page

MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  11:12:39 AM  Show Profile
Well, until last week I had long wavy brown hair to my butt I wore in a ponytail most of the time..now it about at my bra strap..12 inches to Locks of Love later. I am hoping to post pic of the beofe and after on my blog soon.

I can't imagine myself with real short hair.

Susan, you and your girls are so pretty!!

hugs, Michelle

My Blog: http://tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  1:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well I am half Italian. I have always been told that when my Great Grandpa came over, he could not speak English very well so they took the last three letters of their name. I think the Italian name actually is long and starts with an A. Usually, I used to get a lot of mail and phone calls in Japanese. It was funny!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  1:36:25 PM  Show Profile
I long straight all one length light brown hair that is waist length, I usually wear it up in a bun or braid.....

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  2:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Mine is short and blond and incredibly fine so it looks best short. No highlights and no dye and thank god no gray.

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  8:47:52 PM  Show Profile
Well...I had no hair til I was 13 months old, then it grew in really blond, like platinum white blond. I was always blond in my teens, and started darkening in my late 20's. I still consider myself "dirty" blond, but I was upset when I had to renew my driver's license and they identified me as having "light brown" hair. I'm still convinced it's blond. (Yes I live in my own little bubble sometimes, lol)
But lately, if the sun hits it right, DH has noticed that I have some red streaks coming thru. I love the idea of having red in my hair - that comes from my mom, who's been auburn her whole life. Oh, and it's baby fine and very wavy. Grows like a weed too.

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  06:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Mine had been down almost to mid-back, but then I decided to cut it. It's now chin-length, blunt bob style cut. While it is still easy to "style" (ok, I wash, comb and go) I wish I'd waited for winter to cut it. It isn't long enough to go up or back off my neck!!! I guess I've officially started to grow it out already (it grows quickly)...Oh, and it's brown going silver/grey. Never died it, never will.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  09:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Mine is shoulder length or so, naturally light brown, and thick. Right now I have it highlighted and an am the end of a perm, and during the summer I usually pull it up in a ponytail. For church or work, I wear it loose and I wash and scrunch it a bit. I'll probably keep highlighting it but probably won't get another perm for awhile. I don't have any gray yet, except for a small strand near the back of my part underneath on the right. I've had it all my life and the scalp underneath has a birthmark there, a white spot. When I was little my hair was white-blonde, but it started changing in high school; I started highlighting it several years ago. I'd like it to be a little longer, so I can braid it, but that could take a while :).

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  08:13:32 AM  Show Profile
My hair is long, past my shoulders, thick, and dark auburn. But now the unthinkable has happened, the color I've been faithfully using for over 9yrs has been discontinued! I have two bottles left and then I've got to figure out what to do. I haven't seen my real color for many, many years, but judging by the roots, I'm almost all gray now. (thanks Dad!!!)
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  11:15:00 AM  Show Profile
My hair is super long, almost past my waist. I only wear it down when I dress up, because it is hot and it gets in my way when I am puttering, and because the baby pulls it!
My everyday do is a long braid, or, if I am hot a messy bun.
I love long hair. I am starting to go grey here and there, I plan on keep the grey, I earned every one of those!
Kate
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl HAIR! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page