buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  12:28:22 PM  Show Profile
I did not read of it being postponed until after summer. Anyone can join at anytime Angie. I'm finding that if I don't make time to read & think and pray, I'll never find a good time, however it may just be me. I start canning & freezing in the fall & then it seems I'm helping get wood for winter. If it is postponed, that's OK...I'm just finding my prayer life suffering & I know I have to get into His Word. Just let me know.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  1:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I'm with you Claudia!!! If I don't get into Gods word and spend time in prayer, NOTHING!!! else goes right. We always have things to ne done, winter, spring, summer, and fall. There is always something to distract us, but if I don't make it a priority, life actually falls apart for me.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  2:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Well, Annette, then let's see what others may think. I just found that Jere scripture so helpful to me, when I think that God is around another corner, and not hearing me, is because I am the one who veered off course. Will wait to hear the concensus.

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  5:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely. I need to make time, make different choices to study God's word. There will always be something else nudging for attention. My whole spirtiual life is suffering now because of my neglect. I would love to keep this going. I wonder if i should start with the first scripture or pick up where you all left off? Was that Isaiah? I struggle to pull the "meat" out of scripture so really appreciate those who can explain and interpret.
quote:
Originally posted by buffypuff

I did not read of it being postponed until after summer. Anyone can join at anytime Angie. I'm finding that if I don't make time to read & think and pray, I'll never find a good time, however it may just be me. I start canning & freezing in the fall & then it seems I'm helping get wood for winter. If it is postponed, that's OK...I'm just finding my prayer life suffering & I know I have to get into His Word. Just let me know.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  9:27:05 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I started back again with the Jeremiah scripture. You might start there so you can contribute to the current goings on, but please go back and start for yourself at the beginning. If you then read what others have written here with the past scriptures, it might also help. I think you can do whatever is best for you, and sharing it will just be a blessing to the rest of us who are on our own journeys. Blessings!

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  09:46:33 AM  Show Profile
Good idea, I'm going to Jeremiah as we speak. Have printed all 50 pages of the wonderful converstaions you all have had. Looking forward to sitting with a big cup of tea and soaking up some inspiration! Hope you all have a great weekend.

quote:

Angie, I started back again with the Jeremiah scripture. You might start there so you can contribute to the current goings on, but please go back and start for yourself at the beginning. If you then read what others have written here with the past scriptures, it might also help. I think you can do whatever is best for you, and sharing it will just be a blessing to the rest of us who are on our own journeys. Blessings!

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  09:51:06 AM  Show Profile
Angie...it might have to be a BIG cup of tea. And may I say that many replys have provoked much thought and contemplation, as there is a lot of wisdom among our ladies. In other words....don't rush!

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  09:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Let's just say, I ran out of black ink on my printer! (praise you Lord for all these dear sisters who have much to share)
But yes, I'll take my time, no really I will.
quote:

Angie...it might have to be a BIG cup of tea. And may I say that many replys have provoked much thought and contemplation, as there is a lot of wisdom among our ladies. In other words....don't rush!

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:36:33 AM  Show Profile
Just got back on here!! Yay!! Glad to join in with you. Will read Jer tonite! Brenda (Classygram) and I were just doing o study over the phone this am. We were just saying how we are 'slumping' in our bible study and prayer life. Need to get back into our real focus. Loved what you shared, Claudia! If we can just get it into our heads how very loved and special we are by HIM! It is everything, don't you think?
Looking forward to sharing with everyone!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:41:15 AM  Show Profile
Was reading through Romans today, and here is something: Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God." I thought to myself, he knows each of us, before we were born, according to the Jeremiah reading, and He wants us to present oureslves to him in a holy way. He sees us that way, just as we see in our children what they could be, and how they could achieve and grow. He knows us all intimately, and we need to strive to be the holy beings he created.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  4:14:22 PM  Show Profile
And to remember that we do not need to strive to be "perfect" since only Jesus is that, but to know that God designed us to be such unique and lovely creations of His very own.

quote:
Originally posted by jpbluesky

Was reading through Romans today, and here is something: Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God." I thought to myself, he knows each of us, before we were born, according to the Jeremiah reading, and He wants us to present oureslves to him in a holy way. He sees us that way, just as we see in our children what they could be, and how they could achieve and grow. He knows us all intimately, and we need to strive to be the holy beings he created.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  7:49:58 PM  Show Profile
What an inspiring thread. Do we all try to study the same thing or do we study different things and write about it?

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  8:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Usually read same passage and then share and comment. Often share scripture that has touched us as well! A great group of ladies here! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  8:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Say FarmDream! God speaks to us in many forms even reading the same scripture. It is another reason we need each other, so that the fullness of His Word can be shared. even if you read the Epistles, the theme is always the same...Jesus is the Lord, but each writer had something different to share as to support that. Usually something sticks out to us as we read the same scripture and tugs on our heart. That is what we can share. Yes there is another thread that I started sometime back, to share a different scripture that has touched us that day. As we share those "Special Scriptures, we learn loads from others

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  10:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Jeannie, what an inspiring scripture. We can only strive to be the best that Jesus wants us to be, we can't be perfect. Thanks for sharing Jeannie:)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  4:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Megan. I will strive forever. But it will be in His name! And the reading from Jeremiah is so supportive and loving. We can strive, and fail, and yet he knows every part of us, and the effort we make in His name.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 11 2011 4:56:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  8:13:39 PM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  9:29:49 PM  Show Profile
I think it's also nice to know that no matter what people will say about you, or what your reputation is, Jesus knows the real you, and He doesn't judge you based on your reputation or what others say about you.
Megan

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  02:51:28 AM  Show Profile
Or what you say or think about yourself either. We can be our worst critics. Oh, it's just so humbling that God loves me with regardless. Whoa.

quote:
Originally posted by knittinchick

I think it's also nice to know that no matter what people will say about you, or what your reputation is, Jesus knows the real you, and He doesn't judge you based on your reputation or what others say about you.
Megan

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  04:57:50 AM  Show Profile
Farm Dream.....the list of passages being discussed one at a time in this study are in the very first post on page one of the thread. Welcome!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  10:42:00 AM  Show Profile
As I reread the verses, I thought another thing from verses 6 & 7. Jeremiah is complaining that he cannot speak (for God) because he is a youth. God tells him not to say that because He will give him the words to say. As I meditated on this, how many cockamamie excuses have I used not to do what I thought Jesus would have me do....ummm ..."too young", well now, "too old", "not enough time, don't know what to do or how to get started", aahhh, "maybe I'm not hearing God right...better wait... I'm just too shy, there are others who are better equipped". Poppycock! Moses used the same tactic at the burning bush..."I stutter". God was lenient, & let Aaron speak. But God has something for all of us to do. Most assuredly, God did NOT let Jeremiah get away with it...and He may not with us. God was with Jeremiah in his speaking. God will be with us all the way, when He asks us to do something.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  8:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Well said Claudia!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  9:14:59 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Claudia! I needed to hear that tonight!! There are so many things I feel He is leading me to do and I feel so inadequate! Using each excuse you listed almost, lol! We need to remember that if He calls us to do something? He will and does give us the strength and wisdom to see it thru! How many of us are missing out on where the Lord may take us, just because of our own fears?? Prayers for all of us to not let our fears and insecurities hold us back! Have a good nite everyone! Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  9:17:03 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Sisters! \0/

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  1:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, my daughter has an interview this afternoon at a christian bookstore. She has been at borders for nearly 10 yrs. This job seems a perfect fit. But only the Lord knows. My I ask for prayers for her? Thank you!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Family Matters: Previous Topic Bible Study #2- Called By God Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page