1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  1:46:40 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely!
quote:
Originally posted by prayin granny

Ladies, my daughter has an interview this afternoon at a christian bookstore. She has been at borders for nearly 10 yrs. This job seems a perfect fit. But only the Lord knows. My I ask for prayers for her? Thank you!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  4:41:15 PM  Show Profile
Indeed Linda...that would be a blessing.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  8:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for your daughter Linda!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  10:53:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much! She did the application process but interview sometime next week. Appreciate your prayers sooo much! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  08:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, PRAISE!!! My mom has returned to her apt a couple hrs away! Thank you all for your prayers! It has been a really rough nearly 3 months! The Lord has taught us A LOT! One thing is that boundaries are ok and Godly. We will be putting many in place now that she is back at her home. He showed my daughter that her trust in Him and His handling of things were never ending!!She is very thankful to have her home back and her and my gkids can now begin to breathe. My gkids are thankful to not be getting screamed at on a minute by minute basis anymore.

My other daughter is still waiting to hear on the job.

Ladies, thank you so much!!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

chickenlittle
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Charlene
Michigan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  7:27:13 PM  Show Profile
I am new and was pleasantly surprised to find this kind of forum. I read some of your Bible Studies and think it is wonderful.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

~Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  6:13:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Charlene! I see that this was your first post. Thank you! I think the last scripture we were discussing was the Jeremiah verses found on the first page. If you have any comments, please jump in. We also use this forum for prayer requests etc. You can run across others like that. Sure am glad you are joining us.

Go to Top of Page

chickenlittle
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Charlene
Michigan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  6:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, I am looking forward to this forum. I need this :) I am still getting use to this site and taking a while to learn it.
Charlene

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

~Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  06:43:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Charlene!! Ladies, thank you for your prayers! My daughter got the job! It is a blessing truly! Thank you, Lord!

Blessings, Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.comt

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  09:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies. I've been out a while. With the loss of my FIL, things have been bleak and busy. Still a lot of questions and sorrow and the family is turning against eachother:(. I love this Bible study. Thank you for the refreshing fact that it is still going. I read it when I can. I am missing all of my dear farmgirl sisters in Christ. I needed this this morning. Hugs to you all, and welcome Charlene!!!!

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge

Edited by - Heartbroken farmgirl on Aug 10 2011 09:27:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

chickenlittle
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Charlene
Michigan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  03:01:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Annette, I read your earlier post and am so sorry. I have had you and your family in my prayers.
Charlene

~Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  03:41:12 AM  Show Profile
Annette, I am so very sorry. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  03:48:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Annette. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:29:50 PM  Show Profile
Annette, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for your family during this hard time.
I think that now is as good time as any to move onto the next passage, don't you think? Matthew 4: 18-22 is up next. I really like this passage. It shows us an example of how we must cast away all other distractions in our lives and just go to live as Jesus wants us to. It also talks about how we must be fishers of men, or in other words, spread the Good News of Jesus. Jesus himself is calling us to live in a life of love with him. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. :)
Megan

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  08:35:48 AM  Show Profile
I will read today and post later. Want to thank all of you for prayers for my daughter. She got the job at the Christian book store!! Praise Him!!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  10:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Linda, praise God! That's wonderful. I LOVE to read, what a fantastic job. :)

Thank you all for your prayers and condolences. God is so great. I'll read this passage tonight, and can't wait to see what y'all have to say about it. (((Hugs)))

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

chickenlittle
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Charlene
Michigan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  6:15:37 PM  Show Profile
I would like to ask for prayerS with Something I have struggled with for a couple years now. I think I need to Sell my small farm in Northern Michigan and just get out. I don't know if I should let it just go for what I owe (which isn't that much) or just let go and leave. I ask for prayers of wisdom and knowledge in this time of heartache I can not think clearly. Thank You, Charlene

~Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  6:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Charlene, it must be so sad to be troubled with such a problem. I was struck by the words you said that you don't owe that much. It reminded me of a program I listen to frequently from Moody called "Crown Ministries." It was once headed by Larry Burkett until he passed away. There is call-in info and if you go to the website, (http://www.crown.org/)there are financial Christian counselors listed for your area of the country. I would surely hate to see you throw away what you have if there is another way to keep it. They will not allow you to loose your shirt. Hopefully this is a suggestion and a help. You most certainly have my prayers.

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  7:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello, This is the first time I've spent at the forum in months. So glad to see this thread and so many of you.
I would love to get back into the forum more and this seems like the place I need to be.
I've been skimming through the pages and am anxious to do a more thorough reading.
Annette, I am soooo sorry for your loss.
Charlene. praying for your situation, too.
I look forward to reconnecting and spending time in God's Word with you.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  7:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Staci, I have been thinking about you for weeks. Seems like my own personal problems got in the way of contacting you, but how are YOU & yours doing? So glad you are here again.

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Claudia! I'm so glad to be back and hope that I can just be here more. Seems like the past 6 months have just been a painful time of changes for my DH and I as we've walked through the loss of two jobs for him. He is working again now and I know we're blessed to say that in this economy. My job is having it's own turbulent times as both our lead pastor and worship leader resigned in the past 2 months. Life has been busy with kids, gardening and all the usuals ,too. Just didn't seem to have the oomph to get myself to the forum and then felt guilty that I would just be letting people down. So "cutting off my nose to spite my face" as my dear GM used to say.
So, I KNOW that I need deep time in the Word again. Glad to see your sweet presence here as well as so many of the others and "newer" faces. Looking forward to the company, prayers and fellowship.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  08:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I've missed you Staci! Glad to hear about your DH working right now. Will ne praying for your family still. I was excited to see your posts. You're always on my heart. Hugs to you, sweet friend.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  8:30:46 PM  Show Profile
Staci, we've missed you! I'm glad that things are looking up for you and your family. Hugs of welcome to you sister!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  03:00:01 AM  Show Profile
It's so nice to see everyone here, and encouraging each other. These surely are trying times and overwhelming for us all, but when we can come together snd study the Word we are reassured that when all around is in chaos, His word remains constant and unchanging.

Regarding our current verse: Matthew 4 18-22. i read this and thought, "hm, okay, that's nice' and wasn't sure how much i could glean from it but what i did get was this, the obedience of the fishermen who Jesus called. They just upped and dropped their nets and left with him! Whoa! Would I just up and leave everything if he called me? I honestly don't know. Would/will I recognize if and when he were to call me? Don't know. Something to ponder and pray about.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  07:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Angie. There are so many out of work, needing to pay bills, get their kids ready for school & feeling embarrassed cuz what they can do is little compared to others. They hear the tickling of their ears from the politicians that promise a new way, or the right way, or the continued way to end economic chaos, & for us to have a "living." Jesus said to follow...seemed like He would provide everything. There is a dear sweet sister that I love here who with her husband has prayed & waited on the Lord to provide what is necessary for them. I bet there has been many changes in their hears, their needs, their attitudes & lives. Maybe that is what Jesus meant when He said that He came to give life & more abundantly. May we recognize what is abundance. Blessings on each of your days.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Family Matters: Previous Topic Bible Study #2- Called By God Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page