happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  12:21:30 PM  Show Profile
I just finished reading Firstlight and can't wait to see what others of you thought of it!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  2:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Spent today at home thanks to a(nother!) snow day and finished reading the most recent Philippa Gregory novel The Boleyn Inheritance. So good! (If you're not familiar with Gregory's novels, she writes historical fiction, and has written several in a "series" about the Boleyns and their aspirations within King Henry VIII's courts - the politics, the planning, the scandals. Easy and fun reading, highly recommended if you enjoy that genre or era.)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  2:42:58 PM  Show Profile
I am reading "Blood Lust Chickens and Renegade Sheep" right now....by Anita Evangelista...really good so far. It is a guide to country living sort of book....lots of info and cute experiences they have had. I am due for a new novel though.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  06:34:58 AM  Show Profile
I've loved "All Together in One Place", which has two more books in the series, by Jane Kirkpatrick. It reminded me of "These Is My Words". Happily, "All Together" was written in 2000, and the sequels are available. It's about a group of folks headed west in 1852, based on a true story, when all the men died or fled, and the women had to make the way by themselves. Well written and very inspiring!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Reading Room: Previous Topic what are you reading NOW? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page