Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Rolling Pins and Wooden Spoons.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Rolling Pins and Wooden Spoons. Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  3:42:10 PM  Show Profile
Posted a picture. Love these kinds of things. Just like to wonder about where they have been. I love the unusual shapes of the older spoons. Most of the ones you buy new now are pretty much the same and the wood isn't as nice.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  4:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, what beautiful pictures of your beautiful house, thanks for a glimpse into your world. I also did a house cleansing last summer when it was to hot to be outside. My husband thought he came to the wrong house. Just got tired of the clutter and all the extra stuff sitting around. Made life a little simpler and easier to take care of. I still need a little more color in my living room, just have not decided what exactly. But I like the fact that it looks clean and together. Have a great time finishing up. I still have a guest bedroom to do and am working on colors and how I want it to look when finished. Hugs! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  4:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Ohh, forgot to say, I love the bowl of spoons and rolling pins. wish I had my grandmas, I do have my husbands grandmas rolling pin and some I have collected along with a glass one that you can fill with warm or cold water and use. I also have mine and I dated it because my daughter wants it one day and I received it for my wedding present dated May 4, 1968. So one day it will be her keepsake. Again thanks for your pictures Linda
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  5:42:39 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, Thanks for sharing uour home with us it's beautiful!!! I too love antiques, kitchen gadgets are a downfall, bread dough bowls, spoons, iron ware, just about anything you can think of we love it. We did antique shows and had a shop for awhile. Have you made a button braclet yet, fun to wear! I need to thin out some of my collections but I can't bring my self to do it. But I am proud of myself today I did pack away 14 rubbermaid containers of Christmas decorations and labeled each container. What a day!

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Linda and Marie!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  11:35:13 AM  Show Profile
I love wooden spoons...and actually, I buy some really nice ones at the Kentucky Artisan Guild shows that look just like the old ones. I have slotted spoons, spreaders, tea spoons, etc and I use them each and every day.

I also have my Great Grandmother's rolling pin, though hers has red handles. Means a lot to have that, let me tell you!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  3:10:34 PM  Show Profile
I love your collection Nancy Jo,

Which ones are your favorites? Which ones do you use the most?
As a woodworker who loves to make kitchenware I'd be very interested to know.
Thank you for opening up your lovely home and sharing your treasures!

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Rolling Pins and Wooden Spoons. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page