Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Spring Apron Swap - CONTACT - Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Spring Apron Swap - CONTACT - Update Next Topic
Page: of 15

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  05:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi, CJ - oh yes, we can't forget you LOL!!!

And welcome to Pilar and Hannah.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  08:26:44 AM  Show Profile
Put me into this please! I love Tons upon TONS of lace and ruffles in a half apron. Right now I would love something in a deep royal purple with pink accents.

I can make just about any type of apron, but I am getting lots of practice at Civil War Aprons, Half and pinnar.

email me if you need anymore info alterationsbyemily at yahoo dot com

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  08:33:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Emily. Looking forward to seeing your re-built web site!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  1:11:53 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to join this swap. I prefer a full apron but besides that I am not picky. I've been thinking of making myself a new apron but I'm sure it would get done if I was making it for someone else!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  1:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Kim. That's precisely the reason that I started this swap. If I was going to make an apron for myself, it would never be completed. If I'm doing it for someone else, I'll finish it on time!

You're added to the list. I'm so excited that all of you are participating in this swap!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  1:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll. Oh yes Jonnie Put me down for 2 swaps, if possible. I joined MJ last year and wanted to do a swap but was unsure. Well, not this year SISTER! I'm diving in, going GLamping, Fly fishing, canning, gardening and repurposing anything and everything. (It all has to go somewhere---so use it). I like my aprons to tie in front so strings need to be extra long, love big pockets for fresh eggs and baby chicks, etc. And ruffles are ok if they are kept to a minimum, I love the shabby chic fabrics but also enjoy bright designs. Oh heck, its all about the giving and creating so anything is great. What a thrill to get in on a swap before it closes. I'll be waiting for updates Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Finke
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Sharon
Fink Tx.
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  3:18:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I want in! I am new and can not wait to be a part of my new "sisterhood". I like the full apron,ruffles are fine,and my favorite color is yellow! My size is 8.I am 5'2". I am so excited !!!!!
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  06:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Daizy and Sharon - glad to have you both here.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  06:21:18 AM  Show Profile
please include me too.
i love aprons of all kinds

blessings deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

mellee
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

melissa
hampton va
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  06:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Send mellee a Yahoo! Message
sadly, please remove my name from this swap. with school and moving, I am afraid I would not get the apron done in time.

there is beauty in all things.
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  06:47:30 AM  Show Profile
Good luck to you Melissa on your new endeavors and personal growth! We'll miss you but see you again next time!

Welcome, Deborah, you are added to the list.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  08:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I already signed up for this swap, but neglected to list my preferences. So, here they are . . .

I recently (August) purchased a 1916 freestyle Victorian farmhouse and acreage in east Texas. I love vintage fabrics and aprons - with POCKETS! LOL! I'd prefer a full apron, retro style, if possible. I love the bright 30s kitchen print fabrics.

I would be happy to swap with two people, too, so sign me up for a second, if possible.

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 11 2011 08:51:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  09:00:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Linda! I've added you to the list again so you are set for two swap partners.

I've so far counted 43 of us who are participating in this swap! AWESOME!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  09:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Jonnie - that's a LOT of swappers!

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Kyfarmchick
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Deborah
Bonnieville KY
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  5:08:38 PM  Show Profile
I already signed up for this swap too, but here are some preferences now that I'd have time to think on it!
I love vintage and civil war full apron patterns. I wipe my hands on my backside more often than not and always get something
on my front from the waist up! I am 5'5" and am wearing a 10/12 right now. This is going to be fun!

A Bend in the road, is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn.

Farmgirl Sister #2476

http://toddfarms.blogspot.com/

www.centralkentuckymomstown.com
Go to Top of Page

sbaxter1384
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

susan
lakeland florida
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  08:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Send sbaxter1384 a Yahoo! Message
yes i am excited i love ruffles and lace and pinks,reds checks of any color.sister #2448 susan from florida

country girl
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  6:07:06 PM  Show Profile
I hope whomever I get doesn't mind that I already made the apron :) My wee little baby (only 8 weeks!) went to bed on time tonight, so I figured I should grab the opportunity while I can to sew the night away with hubby working! So proud...just finished it and I hope whomever I get likes it!!
Go to Top of Page

kathyjane
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kathy
Doniphan MO
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  9:20:46 PM  Show Profile
I would love to join the Apron Swap!!! I love red and mustard yellow. Full aprons for a full figured body(size18). :-) I also like pockets an apron without pockets is like having no hands!

Kathy Jane
Go to Top of Page

coloquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Susan
Co
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Send coloquilter a Yahoo! Message
Mine is finished as well. I live in an area where sewing supplies are in short supply so I bought some really CUTE fabric and trimmings when I was in Ft Collins.
Susan

quote:
Originally posted by joyfulmelodies

I hope whomever I get doesn't mind that I already made the apron :) My wee little baby (only 8 weeks!) went to bed on time tonight, so I figured I should grab the opportunity while I can to sew the night away with hubby working! So proud...just finished it and I hope whomever I get likes it!!

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  7:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow SO many swapping.. Jonnie you are a wonderful Sister to do this and I am very fortunate to be a Sister too. And welcome Sharon Finke, so glad to have another sis. When do we find out about our partners and how do we swap/mail the aprons (I'm new to this or does it show??)

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  05:43:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Daizy. The sign up ends on Thursday (January 20). I will draw names to assign partners and post it here bu the end of the week-end. You then contact your partner through email and get each other's information. If you haven't already made the apron, you can discuss what kind of aprons you want to swap. If you are close to each other geographically (it does happen some times), it's a good opportunity to meet each other and swap in person. If not, you can send the apron through the mail. Priority mail is a good choice for that.

For all of you who are new to the swaps, it is traditional to include a small "tuck" present in with the apron. It doesn't need to be big or expensive. Ideas might be a kitchen towel or hot pad to match the apron that you send. You could send a small cookbook, recipe cards (completed or blank) or issue of a cooking magazine that you particularly like. Use your imagination.

And the most specific instruction is to have FUN, FUN, FUN! Get to know your partner and make a new Farmgirl sister friend!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

urbangirl11
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Erin
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile
Count me in for the swap. I'm brand new to the forum and figure there's no better way to get involved than jumping right in. I want to be upfront with everyone and day that I am still a beginner when it comes to sewing, but I have the basics and I'm eager to learn. I don;t have a color/style preference, so surprise me!

Thanks,
EC
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  9:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Maybe I'm a bit confused . . . how can some people be DONE making their aprons when they don't even know who their swap partner(s) are and what their apron sizes/colors/preferences choices are?

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 17 2011 9:55:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

coloquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Susan
Co
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  10:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Send coloquilter a Yahoo! Message

In my case, I live in a small town with very limited sewing supplies.I purchased materials needed while out of town. I requested that I be matched with someone that wouldnt mind a surprise and in turn would be happy with any apron I received
I believe another said that she had a brand new baby and made the apron while the baby slept.
I am new to the swaps so please tell me if this is a problem .

quote]Originally posted by coloquilter
br]Hello All, I would LOVE to try the apron swap. I live in a small town with VERY limited sewing supplies, but I happened to be in FT Collins today so I picked up everything I would need.My only request is that I be matched with someone that wants a surprise. If that wouldnt be a problem count me in ! I will in turn be thrilled with whatever I get !
Susan
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  05:17:09 AM  Show Profile
Don't think it's a problem at all. This is all about giving to each other and ourselves. It will all work out exactly as it should.

Erin, I have added you to the list.

Blessings!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Spring Apron Swap - CONTACT - Update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page