True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  3:33:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls!

I need some advice or tips if you got 'em...We just finshed our bathroom this past summer and we sided the walls in Pine car - siding...I love it!

But Just realized the other day that my little three year old has missed his aim or was definately aiming at mama's wall which is a big "NO!" but anywhoo....There is yellowish, runs of pee down the side of my wood walls...

I'm not sure how to get the stain out of the wood? Do you have any suggestions or ideas that might help?? We are getting ready to list our house - to move further to the country (yay!) And want to get everything looking its best...

Any Ideas would be most helpful!! Thankyou :) Sadiemae

"Discontentment is not a product of circumstances; its the state of the soul"

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  11:40:29 AM  Show Profile
A Mr. Clean sponge has worked at our house. It doesn't get any better as they get older - I am seriously considering a backsplash around the toilet - LOL.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  11:59:31 AM  Show Profile
one definite advantage to living alone! and my kids are grown!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  12:06:44 PM  Show Profile
It sure doesn't get any better when they get older. I have two teenage boys and geesh, they still miss. I make them clean up after themselves now!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh, the trials of living with boys! I live with three of them, ranging from 39 to 4 years old, and I tell you - in my case, aim does not necessarily improve with age, but that's another story for another time. So, for the stains. Is the wood painted, varnished or finished? If it's painted - a good scrub and some touch-up paint - you may have to paint the wall if you want it to totally disappear, but bathroom walls are usually small, so it's not too bad if you have to do it for your house to sell. If it's varnished/finished, you might have to sand the stain out and refinish it if it's bad. Yech all around. I have to say, however, that I'm now in the habit of wiping the toilet and the surrounding floor/wall every morning BEFORE I use it (hee hee!). BEST of luck, and hugs from another farmgirl in the midst of farmboys...

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  6:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! The wood is unfinished Libbie - I liked that look - so I'm guessing at this point we'll probably go with sanding it out and then a sealant of sorts! Unless the mr. Clean works (Thanks Highland view! )I always wipe the tile, toilet, and behind down but never thought to check the side wall - clear up to my towels! UGH! Apparently I'm in for a long haul since he's only three!!

Oh well, its a good thing - he's a cutie! Thanks for the encouragement and hugs!!

Have a wonderful night Girls!

"Discontentment is not a product of circumstances; its the state of the soul"
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Help - Little Boy Pee Stains! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page