BonnieBlue
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

bonnie
amite LA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  6:11:52 PM  Show Profile
I am the sole caregiver for my husband. I know there used to be a group here on MJF that are caregivers, but I cannot remember which Forum I found them on. Any help would be very helpful to me.

Thanks,
Bonnie

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  7:03:17 PM  Show Profile
it is under heres to your health thread. welcome come on over. there are lots of farmgirl caregivers. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
I was one of many caregivers to my parents before they passed. I cannot imagine having everything on my shoulders without help. I hope the wonderful ladies here can support you and I will pray that you find some help you can count on. It is too much for one person, no matter how much you want to do it.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  4:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie I understand where you are, kind of. My mother is 86 and other than myself and DH there is no one else here to help with her. I feel it is my place to do so, yet it is wearing me down. Lots of prayer and patience. There is a site that we have all been posting to and can't remember actually where it is. Will check on that and let you know. We are all here for you. It's a difficult job. But talking with others that are in that same position helps alot. Will get back with you. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

hwright95
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Heather
Murfreesboro TN
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2010 :  3:52:03 PM  Show Profile
I cared for my dad during his battle with cancer which he lost this Jan. He came to my home to pass. I know how demanding and hard it can be. I don't know your situation, but My love and prayers go out to you

Heather Wright~ Farmgirl Sister #2187 Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. ~Veronica A. Shoffstall
www.vintagekarmajewels.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Caregiver Burnout Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page