Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Extremly stressed. Help?!? update!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Extremly stressed. Help?!? update! Next Topic
Page: of 2

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  7:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
First of all I want to thank everyone for being there for me and posting! It really has helped alot. I am doing much better now.
The stress has really gone down and I am taking one step at a time. I have not cut down on any activites that that I have been doing but I am manageing my time better. Thank you soo much again for all the support!
Hugs,
Hannah

What helps you when you are really stressed out?
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!

Edited by - maggie14 on Dec 07 2010 5:34:31 PM

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  7:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Maggie,
Things that help me;
Prayer.
Being around those I love.
Making a list of what I'm thankful for.
Hot cocoa and toast.
Talking to friends you've got a lot of them around here!
Recognizing that a lot of the things that can get me stressed really won't matter a year or ten down the road.

I hope things are OK.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  8:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Remembering to breathe. slowly. meditatively. Keeping your faith and focus. Cry and release out the pressure. Pray and confide in a trusted family/friend. Do something positive. Journal. I hope this helps, Sweetie. We're still praying for you.

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  8:56:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm stressed right now and I find comfort in friends and peanut butter. I'm sittin here with a jar of peanut butter and my favorite chat site.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  9:39:06 PM  Show Profile
When I'm really stressed, I read two chapters in Psalms and a chapter in the New Testament and pray for some word of wisdom to present itself to me. I also pray for everyone I can think of because I find that if I concentrate on others, I'm not so focused on myself and the stuff I've been chewing on.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  10:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Those are all things that I do, too - they are so, so good. Especially prayer and reading Scripture. I will also have a really long, out loud, pour-it-all-out, heart-to-heart with God - that is the absolute best. Whenever I talk to Him, I know He's there, and I always find so much peace. And when you are blessed to receive that "peace that surpasses all understanding," do trust it! It's such an amazing gift! :) I'm still praying for you, too, Hannah! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Stress is not good for your health. Hannah, do all of the above suggestions. What is going on sweetie? Maybe we can help.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Go somewhere quiet and read or pray or both.
Walk

Please let us know what is going on so we can help you. You can pm me privately if you want.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I take a hot bath and then tackle that which is stressing me out (usually work I need to get done) one step at a time.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:58:29 AM  Show Profile
Hannah, these are all really good things to do when you are stressed. And also just go ahead and tackle whatever it is that's stressing you. Stress is worry and worry is not a good thing. It is bad for your health and you are way too young for health problems. And worry is something we are not supposed to be doing anyway. Because most of the time it's something that we can't do a thing about. Especially at night when it really gets to you. So just turn it all over to God and let Him take care of it. He will and He will do a much better job than we ever could.

I hope you have a much better day today. We are all here for you.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  07:38:58 AM  Show Profile
Here are things that help me..
Walk in the fresh air, any form of exercise.
Pray
A few minutes of self pitty. Why me! What did I do?
Laugh - watch a comedy or read a joke book (the movie The Jerk or Tommy Boy work for me)
Cake - it's ok to eat alot of it if you exercised. Eliminates that guilt of eating when stressed.
Make a pot of soup

Keep in mind better days tomorrow this will not last forever.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  07:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Talking to God, a hot bath, removing myself physically from the stressor(s), having a chai latte at my favorite Starbucks while reading a good book. All things I've done in the last 24 hours!

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  08:10:46 AM  Show Profile
There's something that I was reminded of this morning that has helped me more than anything. I remembered that I had to learn the hard way that all of the prayer, scripture study, centering down, etc. in the world didn't do a thing until I learned one valuable lesson. I'm not God. :-) I can't control anything but my own attitudes and actions and the rest is in God's hands. I can't fix people and I can't fix circumstances. It's all I can do to fix myself!! I can only do the best that I can and be satisfied that I have done my best. The rest is in God's hands and even when things get crazy, it's still in His hands. It's called 'detachment'. When we emotionally detach from circumstances, we become much more able to look at things objectively and to determine what we can do and what we can't. Stress, 100% of the time, is the result of us trying to control situations with expectations of how things should be or how they should turn out. When we back off of expectations, take our emotions out of everything and detach, we can then make choices of what we need to be doing one step at a time without looking ahead, projecting, worrying, etc. When there is something ahead of us that is too overwhelming to consider, just remember how to eat an elephant. One bite at a time. Don't look at the whole elephant. Just concentrate on that bite!!! :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:08:01 AM  Show Profile
My stress release is exercise. I avoid food as a stress release because it just makes me feel worse after. Fresh air and the beauty of nature. If it is financial make a list of what needs the attention first and follow the list and take control of it. If it is people stress remove them from your life if you are able. Good luck.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:28:25 AM  Show Profile
Taking a walk by myself or a bath.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  1:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Praying
Meditating on God's word
Singing praises to God in my heart.
I also have meds. to help me because I am Diabetic and have high blood pressure and I have a lot of other diseases and conditions. hugs sheila

http://www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com/

http://www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  1:48:03 PM  Show Profile
I play solitaire. Because its pretty things in order.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  1:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
thanks girls so much. :) I am not doing very well today so if you could please keep those prayers coming I would really appreciate it.
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  2:50:48 PM  Show Profile
Hannah you are for sure in my prayers sweetie. I wish I could do more to help out. But I do believe that prayer is the best. Know that we are all hear for you anytime you need to talk. Go to the Lord and hand it over to him and than trust in him to ease the worry. Love ya little farmgirl. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  4:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Brenda! I'm sorry girls, I've just got a lot going on in my life right now. I lost a dear friend a couple of weeks ago and then I lost a beloved animal this week which I miss so much, and then I have school work, lots of homework about 5 hours worth, 3 dance classes a week, animal shelter 2x a week, 2 diffrent 4H classes, music lessons, I have animals that are sick right now,deadlines that have to be meet by the end of this month, random jobs, babies soon to be born, holiday stress,etc. It wouldn't be so bad but everything is happening all at once and I just can't take it in that fast. I really got messed up when my friend died and then one of my animals died. I'm trying to take one step at a time. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! Thank you for helping get over this rough patch in my life. It will take me some time but I'll manage. I just needed some prayers to help me get through it. I can do it! :)
Hugs!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  6:28:16 PM  Show Profile
simplifying your activities. Let go of something. Let go of another thing. Learn how to say no to new stuff. I know you are a young gal, so know that this art takes time!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  6:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Boy isn't that the truth Shirley Jean!!? I remember the first time I said, "No" to the kids and to the church about activities and I was all scrunched up inside. But after I did it and the world didn't come to an end, I thought, "hmmm - that wasn't so bad!" At that point I REALLY began carefully picking and choosing our activities and life slowed down immensely. The kids got to pick one outside activity besides church - daughter danced and son played in the orchestra and that was it. And believe it or not, they are grown and still love me! :-)

Hannah, I am so sorry for your loss of your friend. How tough for you. Even your dear pet is a major loss. People who don't have animals don't understand how absolutely precious they are to us. I am just so sorry. Just remember though that even in our pain and sadness we can know joy. It is a joy that comes from God and transcends our sadness. It is what keeps us sane in the hard times. Bless your heart.

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  8:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm sure you girls are right.. I will make it. Everything just happened at once but I can do it. I've been doing it for awhile and have made it so I won't let this get me down. I love everything I am doing and I love the people I work with. Just had to vent.

Thanks Mary Beth so much!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  05:49:22 AM  Show Profile
Hannah - It is okay to slow down and take a break. Maybe not go to the 4H classes for this month or only go to one of them or alternate weeks. Maybe the same with your dance classes. It sounds like you've got yourself way over scheduled and believe me we've all done it. Figure out what you can't get rid of (homework, school, animals, job...) and figure out what you can get rid of or pare down. I've reached points where I've had to say no to the kids, friends, work, etc... I've had to learn the hard way not to let stress build up until I'm ready to snap. The stress was affecting my health with migraines, high blood pressure, tense muscles, etc...

Death can really throw a curve ball at people. Allow yourself time to mourn and to come to terms with it. It's okay to be sad for a while, just as long as you don't let it totally control your life and it becomes a medical depression. Its part of the lifecycle and the cycle is always turning. Babies will be here soon to help you move on into the next stage of the cycle :O) There's nothing like baby animals to liven things up.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile
thinking of you hannah wish i could give you a big sqeeze in person but how about a virtual one(((hug))) i hope you are doing better today you are such a sweet thing. please take care of yourself

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy, thanks so much! :)

Mary Jo, ((Hugs)) I am doing alot better today. the stress is leaving and I can breath again. :) Thank you so much!
Hugs!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Extremly stressed. Help?!? update! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page