Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 It ain't no Charlie Brown Christmas Tree!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic It ain't no Charlie Brown Christmas Tree! Next Topic  

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  07:24:42 AM  Show Profile
I wish you could all see our Christmas Tree! After years of lugging big boxes of Christmas ornaments and lights down and then back up 14 stairs and into the dark recesses of a closet, I decided this year I was going to decorate our tree without getting any of our decorations from the past out of that closet.

Our tree is a live, 5 feet tall tree with 4 strands of multicolor lights, white feather boas used as garlands and over 100 Butterflies that were made with 100 lifesize vinyl butterfly stickers in all colors and shapes. I put the stickers onto color-coordinated felt and cut a frame out around each and every butterfly. Then I took two packages of gold pipe cleaners and wrapped each one around the handle of a wooden spoon and VOILA! Gold icecycles! It looks soooooo pretty! Total cost was less than $50.00 including the cost of the tree! Wait till the Grandkids see it!

I still have to get into the dark recesses of that closet and get out my snowman collection. If ya don't hear from me again on this forum, I'm trapped in that closet...send help...lol

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  11:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It sounds beautiful!! Can you post a picture?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  11:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
IT does sound beautiful Debbie!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  1:30:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Debbie, that sounds so beautiful! I'm with Alee, please post a picture!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:43:27 PM  Show Profile
Congrats . It sounds pretty> Are you sure you want the snowman collection badly enough to venture into the closet? I have a closet of my own!! I'd stay out if I could!
Looking forward to a picture.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic It ain't no Charlie Brown Christmas Tree! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page