shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  09:37:01 AM  Show Profile
My farmgirls view is the last of the tomato harvest along with snow on her fence. Please share your winter view from the kitchen window.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/DSC00015.JPG[/IMG]

Passive people do not lead passionate lives.

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  9:32:41 PM  Show Profile
The only thing you can see from my kitchen is the 2 girls rooms, the living room, or the driveway and road. It stinks! But I will soon have a wonderful veiw of the pond and my garden from the new dining room when we're done. That will make up for it!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  05:12:07 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like it will be wonderful. Please tell me more. Have you put any thought into it yet? My garden flanks both side of this view. I have a raised bed on one side that I made last year. I am now dreaming about next year and what I will plant this year.

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  05:52:45 AM  Show Profile

My view at the moment :D

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:22:53 AM  Show Profile
I have a 50x100 foot garden plot that sits about 20 or so feet from my little pond. I also have 2 raised strawberry beds and 2 raised blueberry boxes. It is nice in the early summer for a view with all the pretty green things growin out there!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:41:26 AM  Show Profile
I love the view from my kitchen window of our little piece of Texas! Blessings to all of you for a wonderful week!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  4:33:23 PM  Show Profile
My view from my kitchen window is just of my back yard and you can see my back porch and out into the yard so when we get some snow i will be able to see it and watch my kids playing in the snow while i am in the kitchen cooking and baking.

I am loving my country life all the time!!!!
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  5:10:51 PM  Show Profile
So many lovely views. I see Dutchy you have an Angel on your trellis.What do you grow on your trellis and more importantly did you make it? Natesgirl - Berries, I have never been able to get mine to grow. I live in the burbs and have bunnies so bad that they eat my hostas. If you caught the photo contest you saw my bunny proof garden. Lots of pots hanging off my fence. I was thinking this year of trying one of those towers for berries. My big Sis in Ohio did one last year with good results. Ms. Tex-Wow,what a spectacular view.

I always have said everything I ever needed to know I learned in my grandma's kitchen but everything I ever dreamed about came while I was washing the dishes and looking out the kitchen window. My Meemaw used to say she'd look back at the house and see me smiling at the kitchen window. She say what are you thinking about girl? Nothing and everything just taking in the view or working out a problem somehow it all unfolded right there at the kitchen window. Its where I start and end the day and yet it is in constant change just like me. I love my view and it look like there a some wonderful other stories out there too! I hope everyone keeps sharing.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  6:07:08 PM  Show Profile
The view from my Kitchen is my living room! That's what Apartment Life is all about! But my View from my
bedroom window is the Community Gardens and the Bird Reserve.

Loving Seeing the Pictures!
Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  6:25:41 PM  Show Profile
I love how things always come round again. A couple of years ago, this same idea thread idea was posted! All the photos were lovely then, too, as now. Tomorrow, I will take a photo out of my window and put in on my blog. Love photos!!! And Illinois ones especially.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

MTNSunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sunny
Tollhouse CA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  9:09:38 PM  Show Profile
My view is a beautiful manzintia tree! The best view is out the bay window in our bedroom and that looks straight into the garden. I have been know to shoot a groper or 2 out the window. :)

Proud FarmGirl #914 ;o)
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1507 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  10:22:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm jealous of your pretty views! I look out my kitchen window into the side of my neigbhor's garage and an old dead truck they have sitting in their driveway. We've lived here for 7 years and there has always been a huge cobweb inside their garage window. The man gets out and vacuums/cleans his garage about twice a year....but never opens the blinds on the window to get that bugger. My BF and I joke about it all the time. I think one of these days I'm going to sneak over there with a broom when their daughter forgets to close the garage door and get it down. I hung a window box up outside. I also have cute curtains and lots of flowering house plants on the windowsill to create as much "green space" as I can between me and uglyville. When I get some money saved the first part of the yard that will get landscaping attention is right in front of my kitchen window! Luckily I have some better views of our yard from other rooms to keep me sane. In the meantime I have plenty of motivation to dream about what it will look like someday!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

rachaeltolliver
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Rachael
Petersburg VA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  04:22:52 AM  Show Profile
My kitchen window overlooks the backyard. There the kids have their swingset & the chickens are all pecking around since they are free range they are everywhere. The goat pasture is out there too & so is a gigantic old sycamore tree. That tree has to be about 500 years old. 4 grown men can't stand hand to hand around it. Over the weekend we got a very light dusting of snow but it didn't last long
Go to Top of Page

sue5901
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Sue
Wellingborough
United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  04:44:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm also jealous of your views - When I look at my kitchen window i see my neighbours kitchen window. But thinking about it she is one of my best friends in the whole world and we smile and wave several times a day - so i guess seeing a real friend is one of the best views you can have.

Dance like nobody's watching!
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  09:40:07 AM  Show Profile
I love reading about everyone's views out the windows! I can just imagine each of you at the sink washing dishes, making plans and dreaming, seeing your own little view!
Mine have changed so much over the years...from blank walls right in front of me to neighbors houses, to a view of the whole bottom floor of our home(loved this one, the previous owner had cut a window above the sink for his wife, so she wouldn't have to stare at the wall anymore!)
Right now, I look out on my screened in patio- in the summer I can open the window too- and beyond that the big side yard, with my roses, and the chickens, and then beyond that is the apple orchard, and I can see all the way down the hill to the bay! The best part though, is that most of the year, I have a perfect unobstructed view of any gorgeous sunsets we have! Love it!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  11:54:58 AM  Show Profile
I can tell you the other side of the garden from my kitchen window in not very impressive. It is right now a huge work in progress. When I look to my left accross the street there are 4 condo buildings. My goal is to not only give myself a lovely view but to give these condo owners a lovely view. I too can remember living in an apartment and thinking about a place of my own. Since my camera is without batteries today and it is icey and windy in Chicago I will post some separate photos of what sits to left handview so far. Mr. Potts or Mr. Potter sits under a huge Pine tree. The chairs my husband and I made last year when we redid our deck-we recycled the wood for the chairs.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  3:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle...how adorable!!!! Love your pictures! Thanks for sharing with us.
Also, very much love your attitude that you want to make your other side
as enjoyable for your neighbors in the Condos, as well as for yourself. So
many people don't have that wonderful endeavor to bless others with their
hard work too. They could really careless! So, my cowgirl hats off to YOU
my Farmgirl Friend. May your work pay off...and everyone be blessed by
your fabulous attitude! I know I am!

Christmas Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  4:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Peggy. I want to complete a new fence soon. I would like to fence in more of the yard than what we currently have but my groom and I disagree. I would like to find a happy middle ground for us both and feel like we need to get it done prior to completing many of the other projects. Currently we slide out two portions. I have two small side yards and no real backyard to play in. So I would also like to fence in the front yard it would give the dogs and I more room to work with. Any advice on how to work on a stuborn spouse? tee hee hee I've got all winter.

Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  10:57:57 AM  Show Profile
I can see our dog Chisum, my four chickens, my small garden and my clothesline.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  4:54:47 PM  Show Profile
Sounds just perfect to me!

Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  08:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Funny, I guess where I live it is just large enough to build a chicken coup. I only know this becuase now that it is cold and everything is bare I have seen two in my neighborhood. When I was have dinner with a neighbor who produces the local TV station shows she said she stopped and talked to one of the gals who told her of this. I am bummmed - I have two side yards and a front yard and would not qualify to local rules. But fresh eggs got me thinking about your post Cathrine. Do you name your chickens, how old are they and what kind? Do you have these rules or are you in the country where it doesn't matter. Perhaps I should think about Bee's?

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  9:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Well, my tiny kitchen is right in the middle of the house. There is a small pass through window that looks into the dining room, and out a really large picture window onto our yard. Today I see a squirrel eating the wild bird seed. A wild turkey kicking at the squirrel to chase him away from the food, and a doe stomping at the turkey to warn it away from the food. They are so used to hanging around the yard that they just stood and watched our Christmas Eve guests arrive. The kids were so excited! One of the many rewards of living in paradise.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  10:32:34 AM  Show Profile
Sounds so lovely- Once just once in the 5 years that I have lived here we had some wild turkeys go through. They were HUGE...I mean HUGE. And I dare to say a little mean. But I'd never seen one that close before (except the Holiday table)and they were handsome, big but handsome. Someone told me they come thru our subdivision becuase we are next to a river and they digest pebbles. Deer too! Now that is a view...I would sit there day and night and just hope to see something. Share a photo if you get one please and Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  10:38:20 AM  Show Profile
Today it is cold and snowy but I ran out no coat becuase Mother nature paints a lovely picture.

Edited by - shabbyms on Dec 26 2010 10:45:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  11:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Forgot how to post photos, but our view is nothing but woods decorated in snow!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  2:56:35 PM  Show Profile
Here is what I see if the window is clean.

This is out my office window looking at my garden

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Veiws from the kitchen window Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page