Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 What did you do in homeschooling today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic What did you do in homeschooling today? Next Topic
Page: of 2

TJinMT
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

TJ
Billings MT
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  1:32:52 PM  Show Profile
Amy - my homeschoolers are almost-4 and 5, but we've been reading the Little House series as well, they LOVE them... I'm curious about what you guys did for lapbook/notebooks?? It sounds like a great idea!!

~TJ of Green Willow Place

www.MyWesternHome.wordpress.com

"We make a living by what we get, but we build a life by what we give." ~Thomas S. Monson
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  07:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
We got on a bird kick yesterday and Bri did lots of workbooks pages. We also got a microscope and slide kit at Toys-R-Us. All the science stuff is 20% off.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  11:22:27 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday, my 4th grade daughter, Mia, completed most of her last chapter in History. We'll get it finished today. Then all we have left for the year are Language and Math. Handwriting and Religion as well. Her handwriting is atrocious.

I homeschooled my older 5 kids for 13 yrs and found that if we do more during the bad weather months, then when April/May rolls around, we are either finished or very close to finished and then spring fever isn't quite the derailer it could be! Mia is our "shock", she is almost 12 yrs younger than our previous youngest daughter, so it is quite different to homeschool 1 child compared to schooling 5 of them at the same time.

And, kymomma4, my husband wasn't at all supportive of homeschooling and I just took a leap of faith and did it anyway because I knew it was best for our family. The behaviour issues and stress related bad behaviour vanished within the first month. It took my husband about 2 yrs before he would admit to anyone that we homeschooled, and we had friends/family that were somewhat negative. Hubby is now an enthusiastic homeschooling fan. The 5 older kids are all great. One is a civil engineer, one a hairstylist who wants to open her own cosmetology school, one is a personal financial advisor with Edward Jones. The younger son is now in college (engineering) after 4 yrs in the Marine Corps and the youngest daughter is 21 and attending college on a softball scholarship. She plans to be an occupational therapist,focusing on hippotherapy. (therapy using horses) The three oldest are college grads. Homeschooled kids really do turn out well. Just don't let anyone else define your schooling of them for you. You really do have what it takes!

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  11:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Amen.

It really is a leap of "faith".

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  08:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
We are gearing up to get back to a regular schedule. She is going to VBS all of next week. So I think we are officially starting on the 15th.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  09:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Started a new homeschool only blog.

Visit here: http://morganicinstitute.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  6:39:08 PM  Show Profile
We are getting ready for kindergarten here. DD will be going to public school, basically because I don't have a support system in place where I live and I'd like to be a little more confident before I take on real homeschooling. But I still like to teach her things. Today we put together a puzzle of the world and did 5 worksheet pages consisting of color by number, spelling, reading, math shapes and grouping. For dinner we made pancakes with a "difficult" recipe including eggs, milk, and oil.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  6:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Our day consisted of math, reading Treasure Island (my 8 yr old) and Robin Hood (my 7 yr old), Story of the World for History (we are just finishing up book two), watercolor and portraits for art. They also ended up watching an Edison Technology show in the History channel, which was followed by something about the French Revolution, which was followed by something about Constantine. We baked brownies, did some things with the chickens, and built a toad house. They also learned about what happens when they bug their mom about wanting to do "Extra work" for "extra spending money at the fair"...but then spend their time complaining about how the work isn't very fun. A very important lesson, one they will probably benefit from more than anything else we did today. ;)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic What did you do in homeschooling today? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page