Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  12:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Star!!! I started a square and hope to have it done soon so that I can post a photo for everyone....not that you have to make them like mine, but so that you have an idea of what you might do!

Hope you all had a blessed holiday and I wish you a very safe and happy New Year!

Carrie

www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  12:52:46 PM  Show Profile
I have started mine too. having fun!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  12:54:15 PM  Show Profile
Yeehaw, Beverly....can't wait to see it!!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  7:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Carrie - if it's not too late, sign me up for this. I've never made a crazy quilt before, so this should be fun!

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Today well lived makes every yesterday a memory of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  4:58:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Vicki....definately not too late! Check out the links if you need some help getting started and feel free to ask any questions!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  11:16:19 AM  Show Profile
sorry guys but I have to drop out of this swap..
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

sbaxter1384
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

susan
lakeland florida
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  4:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Send sbaxter1384 a Yahoo! Message
i would love to join in. this is my first time so you might have to help me thur this. i have never did a swap before. i will start now making them

country girl
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  5:04:30 PM  Show Profile
I hope that you have me in!! I will get started on the blocks ASAP. Mine are going to be all cotton as well because that is what I have alot of. What all info are we to write on them? As I was reading through the previous posts, I saw that on the 5 sided part, the sides don't have to be even! Great help on that!! That makes thing much easier, in my opinion. Thanks for getting this going.

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  12:50:22 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to lose you Janiee!!

Welcome Susan and Amanda! We have nine sign ups now...go ahead and get sewing and I'll post a photo of mine as soon as it is finished. I have a start but have been working on other projects :-)

In the center, please write/stitch you name, sisterhood # if you have one, your city and state, and any thing else you'd like to add that will fit (scripture/proverb/saying). I'm using a quilting pen, some are stitching I think.

Hope you all had a happy new year!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile
I count 10 but I have myself and carrie on the list. Carrie did you add yourself or did I count someone I should not have???

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  10:16:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

I am busily working on embroidering the five sided middle pieces. I was wondering since we have ten solid people if we should each make 10 signature pieces and then 10 quote or flower or leaf or something representative of our lives or geographic area. What do you think?

Embroidering these pieces is a great waiting project. Small, and portable. and mindless so I can be interupted.

Holly

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  11:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi All!

Okay, so the holidays are over and it is time to stitch! Beverly, I think you were right that we have ten sign ups. I also have another sign up that is not on the site, which is my friend Carol, another local chapter member. So.....

Here are the participants:
Me (Carrie)
Carol
Beverly
Susan
Holly
Debbie
Karen
Vicki
Starletta
Theresa
Amanda

That is 11. We have room for more if a couple more ladies want to come in. If not, then we will each make 10 squares. This means that we make one for every participant EXCEPT ourselves. So you will send me ONLY the squares that you make for the OTHER participants. If you want to make one for yourself then by all means do, but it is not necessary to send it to me. I will then take all of your squares, make sure each participant gets one from every other participant, and mail them back to you in the prepaid return envelope that you will provide. The way to do this is to take your 10 squares, place them in an envelope and leave it UNSEALED. Take it to the PO and find the cost to mail it. Attatch that much postage to another EMPTY envelope, fold, and include in with your squares. Then seal and mail the whole bunch to me.

I have finished a square and will photo and post soon.

Happy stitching!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  11:56:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah....would each of you please either post your continued interest here, or send me an email to confirm your committment. I just want to make sure that all of the ladies I listed above are still involved.

Vicky, Susan, Amanda, Beverly, Holly...don't worry about this as you have all recently posted so I know we are current!

Thank you!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Edited by - Carrie W on Jan 15 2011 12:13:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  1:06:18 PM  Show Profile
we need your address... or I do at least. not done with mine yet. but I am working on them...

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  11:00:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm still in. Did you set a timeframe of when these have to be done. I haven't started mine yet as I was waiting to see a picture of yours so I know I have it right in my head.

Hugs
Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  11:02:06 PM  Show Profile
just sent you my address.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  07:14:04 AM  Show Profile
Still in.

Have you thought of putting a shout out on Across the Fence with a link to this thread? Might get a few more people interested (if you are looking for a few more)?

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  10:05:51 AM  Show Profile
tall holly- What you said is a nice idea but right now I have enough on my plate and don't want to add anything else.. sorry

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  4:01:16 PM  Show Profile

ok before I finish my other ones is this what it is suppose to look like carrie? I hope so cause I have 8 others started already. I need to make a few more to get to 11 since I am going to make one for me too. I am having such fun!!!!

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Holly...great idea, but I think that for now we will stick with just the sig pieces as that is a fairly large project in itself.

Karen...I would love to do that except that I am a little nervous about having dozens of ladies involved...that would mean making a square for each one...possible 30 or 40. I'm not sure I could make that many. We can always do more similar projects and then put all the squares together, but lets get through this one for now. We can do another one with a simpler square or something.

Beverly....love the square and your name is lovely! Would you mind adding your city and state to it somehow? I also added my farmgirl name and sisterhood number. It will be especially nice to see where all of the squares have come from when we get our quilts finished.

I will post a photo SOON...I promise. I keep forgetting to bring my camera when I go to the library to use the internet. We have had so much snow, too, and everything is closed. I'll keep trying. I have 8 finished now!

Blessings....

Carrie M

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  05:14:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm still in too

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  06:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Carrie - I did not mean to stick my nose (it is truly not that big :-)) into your swap. I was just going by your first post of wanting 12 - 24 (I think) ladies. You would not get 40 if you set a limit or a cut off date. I certainly understand about time and what it takes to piece the blocks together. I JUST got my sewing room and table cleared off enough to start today on the blocks. It is (good/bad??) where things that do not have a home go until one can be found for them and where christmas gets wrapped and packaged for the mail. Hopefully the rain/ice we got yesterday is not impacting you guys too much today. It is super slick everywhere here though my golden puppy does not seem to be as hampered by it as I am...wonder why?
Take Care - Karen

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  6:59:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm still in.
Beverley your block is beautiful!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  11:49:26 AM  Show Profile
I finally finished all ten squares!! Here is a photo of my first couple:

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature quilt square swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page