Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Calling All Discriminating Tastes!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Calling All Discriminating Tastes! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  6:21:01 PM  Show Profile
Well, I really mucked it up. I SAID that I was limiting my first order to 5 teas to put on the website and had it all planned out. Then tonight, I saw one of the samples the company sent that looked interesting - Apricot Orchard. I decided to try it with no intention of including it on the list. Oh my. That is the smoothest, lightest most wonderful tea. I guess I'll have to include it too. :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  4:44:30 PM  Show Profile
To all who helped me out so much choosing tea blends, just had to tell you about my day. I went to a local seasoning company that packages for small businesses, thinking that we were going to have a meeting about how to package the teas. I took the teas, the tins and the bags to show them what I wanted. I figured that it would take maybe a half hour and that I would leave my things and come back in a few days when they were finished. I visited with the owner and she introduced me to two of the packagers. They took me back to the hand packaging part of the facility, tore open a bag of tea and measured it out to see if that was to my liking. They told me to grab a hairnet in a wide range of colors! Of course I chose Oklahoma Pastry Cloth Company red!! :-) So there I stood for two hours with these two lovely, lovely people, laughing, sharing stories and packing tea. It's all in the bags and now going into the tins. Getting it up on the website tonight. Oh yeah. And the best part was watching them drink in the aroma of the teas as we packed. They said that it beat chili seasoning all to smithereens!! I gave each of them a bag of tea of their choice. What a fun day it has been!

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  5:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth, that must have been such great fun - getting to go behind-the-scenes and enjoying a little hands-on experience! You must have just loved getting to know the people that will package your wonderful teas, too! 'Sounds like you made a couple of really nice friends in the process! Unexpected surprises like that are the best blessings! I'm so happy you shared it with us, too! :) - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  7:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Nini. It really was a blessing in my day. One of the packagers had traveled all over the world just for the fun of it and had such stories! Today was a good day! :-) I'm putting the teas online late tonight. Just finished taking pictures. And it turned really cold here, just right for hot tea!

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Calling All Discriminating Tastes! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page