Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  09:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Last night was the first snow. It didn't really stick since it had rained before hand so everything was wet instead of just cold. But here it comes! We are in for it now!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  10:56:59 AM  Show Profile
LOL! 'Looks like it's time for hats, scarves and mittens! Do you have a good recipe for homemade hot chocolate, Alee? I make the one on the back of the cocoa box. I use the single serve recipe (instead of the multi-cup recipe) and multiply it to fill up a Ball canning jar. It's always at the ready, and it makes me the heroine of any snow day! :) - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  12:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's a great idea Nini! I make the one on the back of the box too but I use brown sugar and always use milk. It turns out great! YUMMY! Now I have to go home and make that for us today.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  5:09:56 PM  Show Profile
I know Alee winter has been pushed back and now wants in. I do hope we have a white Christmas but winter can just wait a little longer if you ask me.

- Alee I forgot to ask you if you got the heart molds I left at your house a few months ago? Hope you can use them.

Madelynne

www.johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  7:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Madelynne- I was wondering if that was you! Thank you! That was very kind, and yes, we have been using them! Thank you again!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  10:24:08 AM  Show Profile
We had our first snow here at the farm last night too! Just a dusting, the same as you, but winter is on it's way!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

canyonwren
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Alisha
Reno NV
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  10:48:09 AM  Show Profile
We had our first snow dusting here in Reno last night too! It has melted in our yard now, but the surrounding mountains are still white. Beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  10:51:10 AM  Show Profile
I love winter! A big cheer for the first snow =) Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  4:08:09 PM  Show Profile
yep, it snowed here this morning,,,then again acouple of hours later but now it's all melted away...in the mean time I got to do some baking, so the house is warm & toasty & smells yummy! Now if I can just resist devouring all the cookies I made today!
I think a mug of hot cocoa & a handful of cookies is in order! : > )

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  08:16:29 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I don't have snow in my yard but I look out my kitchen window at a mountain and this morning it has snow on top. Our elevation is a little over one thousand feet and that mountain is maybe 2500. We don't often get a lot of snow here but some winters we have had it snow on Thanksgiving so we'll see.

Farmgirl Sister #682

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  08:31:03 AM  Show Profile
They predict our first snow might fall next week YIKES!!!!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

http://pinkprincesscreations.blogspot.com/ My Creations blog
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  3:22:07 PM  Show Profile
We have not had our first snow yet but i am hoping we don't get one anytime soon. My husband on the other hand wants ALOT of snow. Winter is here to soon for my comfort!!!

I am loving my country life all the time!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  3:29:04 PM  Show Profile
Although i am alittle excited to break out my carhartt coveralls and wear them with my boots. I love wearing them.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  11:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Us too Alee! I love snow!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

RueAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tracy
Brook Park OH
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  1:19:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm feeling apprehensive about the coming snow. We moved from Arizona and each person I encounter that finds out I've not experienced it yet ( except for a minor bit of snowfall a couple weeks ago)they look at me in horror and say how much they hate it. My main worry is that I have no idea how to drive in snow- any tips?
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  3:16:26 PM  Show Profile
I am a little worried today cause it is about 70 degrees here and we are in for some storms later and i am alittle scared. It is not supposed to be this warm in november. And they have already had some tornados up by chicago. But i live down south but we are supposed to get severe storms later. I know i am a little old to be scared of storms but when i was 9 i went through a tornado that destroyed the whole town in January of 1989. It was really warm that day too. So when it gets warm when it is not supposed to be like now then i get scared. Atleast i have a basement!

Edited by - Marcia30 on Nov 22 2010 3:18:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  3:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Go and find yourself an empty parking lot with snow and really test out what the car can do and can't do. Drive into a skid pump your brakes and only drive the speed you are comfortable at. Pack a bag of stuff you might need, matches water extra clothes gloves hat mittens blanket Any thing you might think of and leave it your car. I hate to drive in the snow and have always had to but I have to remember at all times it is only a piece of metal with a motor and can be replaced so I be careful but try not to worry about getting in a fender bender.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  09:30:34 AM  Show Profile
hey Alee & Diana, Karen & Marianne,
R-U having as much fun in this Blizzard as I am????? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! the drifts are horrible out here....
It's times like this that I wish I lived in the City, where all the buildings & homes create a buffer from the winds & snow! lol!
Just gonna stay hunkered down in my craft/sewing room......till it blows over.....but don't worry about me,,,
I have plenty of java & chocolate to get me throught! lololol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  09:39:53 AM  Show Profile
I know what you mean, Grace. Brrrr....!!! My stupid sheep were laying under the trees this morning with a couple of inches of snow on their backs. I will never understand them - a nice warm barn out of the weather and they lay under the trees. Drifts everywhere here too but at least we have more trees and less open space to slow the wind a bit. I am not looking forward to slogging around in it to take care of the livestock once the snow quits around noon. Stay warm.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  09:57:18 AM  Show Profile
Grace, you don't need to live in city you need trees! Up here we're nestled in the woods and have very little wind, about an inch of new snow and no drifts. Ya gotta plant some trees: ) JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  11:09:24 AM  Show Profile
I hear ya, trees are a good thing...
We live out in what was wheat farm land,(still surrounded by hay, wheat, rye, oats etc) ,,our particular property was once part of a Pig Farm up until 15 years ago & then sat barrenfor about 8 years and then was a horse ranch...so when we bought 3 1/2 years ago we put in underground water lines, and plantd 180 Arborvites, 40 various pines & fir trees, 125 lavender & 20 fruit trees....then we discovered Der & ground squirrels and other ground dwellers luv all the things we planterd so we had to do a lot of replacement planting...We are down to 16 fruit trees after having replaced 6 of them....not to mention countless amount of the arborvites,,,and about 3o fir trees....Some day, probably not in my lifetime, but someday, this place will be a wonderful Oasis out here for a future family....lol! I in the mean time will be living in an old foggys home for the poor 'cuz we will have spent every dime & penny trying to better this property...lol!
But like thay say, it's not the destination....it's the journy! lol!
On the plus side, the winds have calmed down and I must have a couple dozen birds having a field day in the bird feeders....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

RueAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tracy
Brook Park OH
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  08:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the wonderful advice Diana!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic First Snow Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page