kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  05:55:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness gracious. It started raining last night on the way home and has not stopped yet. We are supposed to get up to 3 1/2" today. Flash flooding all over. We need the rain but not all at once! And I hate having to get out in this and feed and milk. But it has to be done. And I am thankful that this morning it slacked up alot while I did all my morning chores. But now it's pouring again. I feel sorry for my 2 cow girls. There is a shed they could get under but it's over across the pasture. And they like hanging out where I feed them under the cedar tree.

So I was reading the peper yesterday and there was an article saying that Georgia is predicting a drought for 2011 here. Because they said we should have a mild dry winter here. Huh! I don't know about the N. Ga. area. It was mostly the Sourthern parts. I hope they are wrong. Something about the El Nina pattern. If today is any indication I think we will be ok here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  06:35:57 AM  Show Profile
Its pouring here in Michigan today also. Cold, wet, and damp - not my favorite type of weather. I do a lot of freeway driving to and from work and people are just plain stupid driving on wet roads. I would love to have a fireplace or wood stove to curl up next to when I get home to warm my blood back up - hopefully that will be down the road.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  07:43:44 AM  Show Profile
My whole front yard way up to the road is under water. I need to go move my poor turkeys before they are flooded out of their coop. The ground was wet this morning. I hope they don't get sick and I lose them all. It's just nasty bad out there.

Hello Tammy. I hope you are safe on your drive. I do not like to get out in this mess. But I pick my granddaughter up after school on Tuesdays so will have to today. I will bring her right back here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  08:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kristin, It is raining really hard here too. The wind is just nasty too. Hope you and Tammy will be ok!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic It's Raining. It's POURING! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page