Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Time to open those windows, ladies!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Time to open those windows, ladies! Next Topic
Page: of 3

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  06:16:20 AM  Show Profile
The past few nights I have had the windows open. It was 59. So today they will stay open. The AC is off for now. I love it! This is my all time favorite time of year. But I sure hope it just gradually gets cooler. I don't want freezing temps yet. Not til Feb. please.

And there are leaves falling everywhere. My goats are lovin' that. My mom already had to rake hers yesterday.

Any other open windows out there yet?

Happy Fall, ya'll!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  06:36:26 AM  Show Profile
I think I will open my windows for a while today. The temps are lower and the humidity is too! It feels so nice!

Caron

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  06:51:45 AM  Show Profile
I opened my windows just a few minutes ago, it is beautiful out here looks like a great day for all those cookouts planned.

Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  07:22:32 AM  Show Profile
well not me i shut mine.lol cold is the word here this am. since i forgot to close the water gate the [pond is full. i am pumping this am. need to dig lilys for a customer. i am going to get cold for sure. i will be past my hips trying to dig. silly me. well open the windows i shall later today. i too love the cooler weather. we are like montana girls though. we will have freezes very soon at night. our girls as we call them... the 3 sisters mountains of the cascades have snow on them this morning from yesterday. beautiful but also telling us our time is short here for warm days. happy days to you all sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  1:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Mine are open wide! Nice change from the humid, hot summer. I just love Autumn.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  2:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I opened mine yesterday as in Saturday, stayed open all night and all day today. It is going to warm up again soon. The temp was 86 high but no humidity that is what makes the difference. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

Carol625
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Carol
Wright City MO
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  2:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Mine have been open since Thursday night and I'm loving it! I hate to see summer end though I wish fall would last a lot longer so I could be outside more.

The heart that gives...gathers.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile
I am not wanting to hurry summer out either, but I am so greatful for this wonderful repreve. I will enjoy it while I can. I think it's supposed to get hotter later this week. But if the humidity stays away then it won't be so bad.

It was really cool this morning. We had all the blankets around us! I love that. I hope you all in the cooler parts of the country have a little more summer left. It seems like ya'll just really got some.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  6:10:25 PM  Show Profile
The humidity is gone here in Michigan too!! :) :) :) Love the fall-like temperatures!

~Cindy
Farmgirl #1273
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  06:40:28 AM  Show Profile
The humidity is gone here in CT, too. It is beautiful with cool evenings and mornings, warm afternoons. Don't you just love the crisp, fresh scent? Love fall. However, we won't have too great of fall foliage this year due to the lack of rain this summer, but I won't complain about the lovely, sunny days with gentle cool breezes. :)

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  12:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Day three with open windows but the humdity is coming back. So soon the air will need to come back on. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  3:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Lilly, I am thinking the same thing. It's pretty hot today but it's not humid. So I might keep them open and the AC off and just wait and see what it does. We went to a BBQ at the park today and it was great in the little tiny bit of shade there was but the rest was sun and it was horribly hot. I love shade.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  07:45:20 AM  Show Profile
my windows have been open for a few days absolutely loving it!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  09:38:26 AM  Show Profile
I usually open the door when I get home and let the place air out while I get something to eat. But I saw some geese teaching the young ones how to get way up there. They are getting ready for the long haul south. The fireweed had reached the end of the stem and all the currant bushes are Turning bright red. If I had any time currant jelly would be great. With all the rain we have a bumper crop this year....but no time this year.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile
We've had our windows open for the last 4-5 days, but had to shut everything up last night and turn the a/c on. It's going to be 93 today...ugh. And no rain in sight. Cooler again tomorrow and the latter part of the week, but the humidity is just a killer.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Windows have been open here for the last several days and at night. Love the cool, crisp nights and decrease in humidity. I hope too that the "cold" doesn't come on too fast. The wind blew all night long - I just pulled my comforter up to my chin and slept like a baby!

Farmgirl Sister #506
hiddentreasures-bluff.blogspot.com
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  11:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Well girls at 85 and only 1pm I had to close the windows and put on the AC the humidity is way up there as well. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  11:56:33 AM  Show Profile
85 probably would do me in. 80 up here is a scorcher, lay around and pant day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  4:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Well, it got 93 today but I am hanging on. I was gone all day so I just left the windows open. And it's cloudy. I have still not turned the AC back on. I am going to tuff it out. I need a low light bill next time. I have a ceiling fan in the living room and it's on high so it's circulating the air a little. It's just not too humid I guess.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  6:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Darn! It hit 88 today and the humidity came back, so did the A/C's. It is hotter here today than my family down in Texas! At least the sun is shining, won't complain on that as it gets so grey and dark here for so long in the northeast.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  07:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Sorry they have to remain closed for now temps aready in the 80's going to hit 90's today. waiting for fall. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  07:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Ok ya'll. I caved. It's hot out there. I had to turn the AC back on last night after I walked 2 miles. I could not cool off. So down the windows went and on with the AC for now. And I just walked 3 miles this morning so this feels too good in here right now. It might have to stay on for a few more days.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  11:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Yah, great the humidity is down and so are the temps the windows are reopened and I love it. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  08:57:23 AM  Show Profile
Darn, it's still hot. Yesterday was horrible. 99. I was outside earlier under a shade tree crocheting and thought it was going to be a really cool day. So came in and opened all the windows. Then started cooking. I had sweat dripping down my back. So down the windows went and back went the AC on. I don't know. I wish it would be one way or the other already. I know Sept. can be a really up and down month here. So I should not have even mentioned opening windows yet. Maybe in October?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  09:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
The temps are down and so is the humidity. Now with the rain today who knows what will happen and with the new storm heading our way as well. But for now the windows are open and I love it rain and all. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  11:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Windows are back open! Have been for several days now. I am lovin' this cool weather and NO humidity. Wonderful! It's windy today though. But just perfect weather.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Weather Report: Previous Topic Time to open those windows, ladies! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page