Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 looking to rent or caretake VA farm or cabin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic looking to rent or caretake VA farm or cabin Next Topic  

storycatcher
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

erin
knoxville tn
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  3:01:01 PM  Show Profile
My partner and I are moving to Virginia to be closer to his family. We are aiming for the Harrisonburg area in the Shenendoah Valley, but we really hope to find a cabin or farmhouse to rent. We both have experience doing farmwork, both animal care and gardening. He is very experienced with horses, and we have both cared for sheep and chickens. We would love to be farm caretakers, housesitters, or do some sort of rent/work trade agreement. We are also willing to just straight out rent a place, if it's right. We don't mind primitive and small- we have lived in very small cabins and even tents for months at a time together. Electricity not neccesary. If you have any leads in this area, or if you might be gone for a while and need an extremely responsible couple to take care of your beloved home, this might be the ideal situation for all of us!

storycatcher
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

erin
knoxville tn
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  3:05:28 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to mention that an internship situation helping with farm work and gardening (when the time comes) would also be ideal.
He has done work before as a forest ranger, and has a degree in natural resource management. My degree is in conflict resolution and social justice, and I am an outdoor educator.

Thanks everybody!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic looking to rent or caretake VA farm or cabin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page