Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 gifts received from 8th round of secret sisters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 8th round of secret sisters Next Topic
Page: of 5

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  07:20:27 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, How did you know that I needed a pick-me-up. Your package made me smile, a beautiful dishcloth, Paula Dean recipe cards (how did you know I love her recipes?) and beautiful fall notecards, how perfect. Thank You for your prayers, its always special to know someone is keeping me in them.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  07:30:02 AM  Show Profile
I almost forgot, my sweet secret sister also sent me 5 different current magazines! Woo Hoo!
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  07:42:47 AM  Show Profile
I want to shout to the world that I have the most creative Secret Sister. Her handmade cards are incredible! I have them all displayed on my kitchen counter. This week's recipe cards along with the personal note of "May your week be filled with the scent of love, laughter and baking" made me smile!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  12:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to my sweet, thoughtful Secret Sister! The wall hangings you sent are absolutely perfect compliments for my green and white kitchen - adorable! And yes, you're right - I did need the note cards. They're so sweet - this was all so thoughtful of you! Thanks so very much! Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

youngbunny
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Jeri
Kirkland WA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  12:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Found a little something-something from my SS on Saturday. A delightful snowman ornament and wall hanging, a plague about Friends (Love) and a wooden heart! Love!
She's also a "real" farmgal! She has farm animals and loves taking care of her darlings! She is a darling herself! Thank you SS! You're amazing!

Simpler Life = Happier Life!
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  5:29:15 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Secret Sister for the wonderful goats milk soap and loofah cloth. And on a cold Monday evening here in Texas, it has already been put to use after a long day at work!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

mellee
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

melissa
hampton va
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  05:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Send mellee a Yahoo! Message
dear secret sister--thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. I was pleasantly surprised to find your letter in the mail; it certainly brightened my day. The care package with the heavenly smelling sachets and collection of country friends books was so thoughtful. Thank you for being such a caring special sister.

melissa
farmgirl #2143

there is beauty in all things.
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  08:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Secret sister -- your bountiful package was received yesterday and utterly overwhelmed me. I loved the cat and autumn kitchen towels and will not need to buy any for several years. They came at the right moment because the ones I have are getting old and need to be replaced. THe snowman and pen have come to work with me. I also want to bring the acorn napkin rings to work because they go with my Autumn display on my cubicle counter.

Thank you for your kindness and generousity.

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  7:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Received another great gift from my secret sister-A journal,mini notebook, and hair ties (needed some-they always disappear:))!! Thanks Secret Sis!

Visit www.honeybeeholistics.com for Organic Handmade Items for Bath, Body & Home!

Also visit me at:
honeybeeholistics.etsy.com
honeybeeholistics.artfire.com

Check out my blog for monthly specials!!
honeybeeholistics.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  07:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh secret sister! Thank you so much for the necklace. It's too funny because I was looking at those yesterday in Hallmark. Thank you for the Thanksgiving card too. You are amazing!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  08:30:42 AM  Show Profile
I received the cutest dish cloths and poem from my secret sister, the dishclothes were in the shape of britches, just pull the strings for dishclothes to unwrap, what a clever idea!!! She also crocheted me a gorgeous winter hat, it matches the scarf she made me and the "sweetest" note. Thank You so much secret sister, I needed that little boost this week. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  09:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I was delighted to find
a package in the mail. I LOVE the
handmade paper stationary!! so pretty!!
actually I will find a special use for
it.. I have this neat journal and needs
new paper was thinking of getting something
like this to put in it.. it is a perfect fit!
just have to punch a couple holes to fit it
in.. has string that ties front and back
together. was such a wonderful surprise!!
and got a book to read. love books.. so
was a nice surprise when I finally checked
mail at end of the day. Thanks so much !!!
AND.. to my SS have a wonderful Thanksgiving !!!
Will spend most of my day after lunch working
on a quilt I am trying to get done. I plan on
a very restful day.

Kangaroo kate
(teresa)
farmgirl #1506

dance like no one is watching
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  05:48:10 AM  Show Profile
I received a beautiful pin keeper and a necklace/earring set that will be perfect to wear on Thanksgiving. Thank you so much to my wonderful secret sister!

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

rosarita78
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Reina
Drought ridden High Plains New Mexico
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  11:47:16 AM  Show Profile
WOO HOO!! I got a nice package today in the mail Thank you (not so) secret sister. How did you know I was a big time coffee drinker!!! I feel like you know me so well. I love it. And ... my house smells so nice. I had been looking for a holiday candle and you sent me the perfect one. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on making an apple crisp this afternoon. Funny thing is I was going to try an apple recipe that you had sent me in that nice little recipe book. You must be in my head (scary!). THANK YOU SO MUCH. It's so nice to recieve such wonderful and thoughtful packages. I have enjoyed this so much.

Reina

http://reinascountrykitchen.blogspot.com
http://icookinnewmexico.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  07:44:52 AM  Show Profile
I can hardly keep up with my Secret Sister! She sent me some wonderful baking supplies for Christmas cookies--oven mitts, baking cups, sprinkles and a great reindeer cookie cutter...my husband and sons dove right into the Ghiradelli peppermint bark so I had to hide it to keep some for myself...LOL...thank you so much...you absolutely spoil me. I really felt horrible last evening and didn't even open the box until this morning (that tells you how sick I felt because I LOVE getting these packages) and was able to have Gingerbread coffee this morning instead of my regular stuff. Thank you, thank you, thank you - but, more than anything, I really cherish the hand written notes.

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  07:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Dear Secret Sister,
You made me cry but in a good way. Thank you so much for the cookies. They are my favorite and they remind me of my mother who passed away 10 years ago. You put a big smile on my face and warmed my heart. Please know that you are very special.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  09:35:42 AM  Show Profile
To my Secret Sister, Thank you so much for the beautiful Thanksgiving card and Blessings you are the best! I too wish you and your family a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

youngbunny
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Jeri
Kirkland WA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  10:15:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister...Thank you. What a lovely surprise. Got two beautiful ornaments, a lovely picture frame, a rockin' dayplanner/calender and OMG! THE most gorgeous bracelet EVER! It goes so great with my skin tone a fading tan, but still hanging around ;O) The bracelet is just simply GORGEOUS! I know you are extremely busy...I can just tell with your letters, so I really do appreciate you taking the time out to go shopping and think of me. Many loves & hugs!

Simpler Life = Happier Life!
Go to Top of Page

rosarita78
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Reina
Drought ridden High Plains New Mexico
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  1:13:05 PM  Show Profile
So...today I'm busy cooking and preping getting ready for our feast tomorrow. My secret sister had sent me an apron (which is very festive) and has just make it feel all that much more like thanksgiving. I feel like one of those house wives outta the 50's with pretty aprons and pearls on (i'm not wearing pearls). Then I needed a pick me up this afternoon and remembered I got some pretty nice flavored coffee in the mail the other day.

Starletta,
I just wanted you to know that you've made my already perfect day a little more perfect and festive. Thinking of you and sending out a great big THANK YOU for such wonderful gifts!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Reina

http://reinascountrykitchen.blogspot.com
http://icookinnewmexico.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  10:36:01 AM  Show Profile
I hope by now my Secret Sister has received her Thanksgiving Package and everything arrived on time.
Also hope her and her family had a fabulous, Blessed Thanksgiving as well as all Secret Sisters. Now we gear up for Christmas, what fun. Today we are putting up our tree and decorating it as our Son is home for a few days, so I am a happy Momma. Happy Sunday everyone.

Hugs,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  11:25:34 AM  Show Profile
I have the best secret sister!!!! Thank You so much for the beautiful christmas plate and mug, the christmas dish clothes are to pretty to use, the ornament will hang on my tree every year to remind me of you and the peppermint tea is my favorite!!!! I can't wait to find out who my secret sister angel is because she certainly has not only spoiled me, but has made getting the mail so exciting.

Julie

Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  5:07:36 PM  Show Profile
To my Secret Sister what a day to
get a package in the mail.. was
one of the worst days ever and inspite of
my woes.. I had to smile!! thanks!!!!
the quilt pieces will find a place to
be used.. thanks so much I really did
appreicate it!! and LOVE homemade soap!!
My mom makes the best homemade soaps but
is fun to try others also!! I am just
in from doing chores and worn out and
am going to go take a nice warm shower with
my wonderful soap!!!! aaaahhhhhh....
(smile)

Kangaroo kate
(Teresa)
farmgirl #1506
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  06:21:17 AM  Show Profile
Secret Sister - Wow, I am late in posting this, but thank you so much for the Thanksgiving card. Your creativity continues to amaze me!

Betsy

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  08:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday would have been my mom's 68th birthday. She passed away several years ago but I still miss her terribly. Well, yesterday I got Moravian cookies from my secret sister. It was a wonderful way to celebrate my mom. Those were our favorite cookies and it reminded me of us going to the Moravian village in Winston Salem, NC when I was a kid. I also got some cute cowboy cards from her. Thank you so much for letting me celebrate my mom's birthday with a wonderful memory and tasty treat. It means more to me than you will ever know.

Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  08:05:18 AM  Show Profile
I hope my SS got her package I sent her. I haven't heard from her. :)

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!

www.throughjenslens.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
http://kountrybumkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://fancyfeathersfarmgirls.blogspot.com/

Edited by - arabianhorselover on Dec 05 2010 1:12:42 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 8th round of secret sisters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page