sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  08:11:22 AM  Show Profile
the dairy that was challenged by the fda is in trouble. BIG TROUBLE please i ask my farmgirl sisters to step up and fight. we need to have the right to eat what we choose. not everyone is on a farm with a cow. those sisters in other walks in life deserve real food in their lives. we can help by supporting this farm in any way we can. some may have money some may have time some may have know how some may have heart some may be computer smart some may have TIME please girls they are taking our rights. these are FINE folks small farmers being picked on AGAIN. i ask janene from keeping a family cow to come here and post a thread to help us get to the right post. i am not computer literate. jenny maybe you could help if you see this thread. i just FEEL like thumping drums. they patent our plants so we can not grow them. they irradiate our food before we get it. so on so on .. these are keeping a family cow folks. she comes on kfc and posts. these are real farmers going through this. i cry and my heart is breaking as i type. it seems these days the book... everything i want to do is illegal is right. this is our food. please help these folks out whatever way you can. thanks in advance sincerely soberly moved sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  04:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, I am involved in the Raw milk bill in Wisconsin. It was about to pass and Gov Doyle vetoed it at the last minute! Word is he was contacted by the big dairy assn. just before the bill passed. Our small raw milk farmers are being treated like drug dealers. I know of a farm near me that the Dept of Ag came rolling up to his farm in black SUVs and took his home computers and poured blue dye in his milk vats and sealed them! He now has to sell his milk to a cheese maker in MN. He is struggling to make ends meet. I want to buy raw milk and I can't! I am sick of the Govt. pretending they are doing it for our own good when really it is about control. Control the food and you control the people. I also urge everyone to right to their reps and also make sure to vote correctly in November! A big tide has turned in WI...we are voting out all these reps who vote according to the lobbyists and not according to the people!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  06:52:11 AM  Show Profile
hi diane, thanks for the post back. MJF emailed me and wants the address for these folks. so i shall get a link set up here for farmgirls. at first it looked like no one was interested. it is a busy time of year on the farms. so i shall get back with more info. thanks sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry-

I really wish Raw milk was something I had access to around here. I know a lady that has a cow that they are hoping will be able to breed as her "mom" (we don't know if the cow is actually her biological mom) won't re-breed. Anyway once they have her milking I am hoping that I can buy a portion of her ownership so we can have raw milk. I used to drink raw goats milk in Idaho all the time. Yummy yummy!

I hope the dairy in your area comes out ahead.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  07:26:12 AM  Show Profile
hi alee, the dairy is in mo. i am just wanting to help them. it is called morningland dairy. MJF emailed me for more info. so i am posting a link to their support site. uncheeseparty.wordpress.com/uncheese-party-how-to-sponsor-an-uncheese/ well i hope this works. if not let me know. i shall double check the web address. they are Morningland Dairy 6248 county road 2980 Mountainview Mo. 65548 i typed in the name and their site comes up but not the one for uncheese support. so i shall see if the web page works. any support i know would be appreciated. even if its just a note of support. Keeping A Family Cow JANENE said to say thanks to you all and MJF for your support. she emailed me this thread address. thanks farmgirls sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  07:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
http://uncheeseparty.wordpress.com/

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  07:47:50 AM  Show Profile
you are awesome alee thanks so much. that simple wow lol happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  10:42:34 AM  Show Profile
the bill will make it illegal to sell produce or any farm food. you will be required to have a commercial kitchen and a license to sell a carrot. i could be wrong i have been before...but i think it also includes farmers markets. if this the case i am worried truly. sincerely sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  10:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Wow Sherry, thanks for the info. This is really scary. There is a big article in the newest Countryside & Small Stock Journal addressing this very subject and "strict liability laws." We can only hope this dairy is able to persevere.

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  11:45:23 AM  Show Profile
keeping a family cow sent me threads for info on this. i think it takes in farmers markets. thats scarey. so my friend lisa is going to post the threads here for me. that way we can make informed decisions on what is about to take place next month. i want to be able to sell my farm foods direct to my customer as i do now.MJF emailed me asking for more info. so i am posting these pages. lisa will come on and figure out how to post them. i can not sincerely concerned sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  2:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Good luck with your fight! I'll see what I can do to help out. What is wrong with the FDA??
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  5:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls, make sure that in the upcoming elections, that you research candidates that will help small farmers and local foodies. We need to get the government off of our plates! Wisconsin's raw milk bill failed at the last minute with a veto by Gov. Doyle. He is not running for re-election. But once a bill passes it is really hard to get rid of it. So make sure your vote counts for small farmers and local food rights!

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  7:54:32 PM  Show Profile
I read their struggles.. that's so insane what's happening! Unfortunately I do not trust Paypal but will send them a check to help out. I also linked the website to my FaceBook page. I will ask all my "friends" to donate.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  11:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Another Raw Cheese Maker bites the dust....
http://networkedblogs.com/9zCAP
Treated like drug dealers!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Oct 25 2010 11:39:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  07:45:05 AM  Show Profile
oh farmgirls, my heart aches deep for these farmers. farming is such a big job to do right. simple people trying to live right being harrased. it is so very sad that simple human rights such as food are being taken away. this is not a small thing. our right to choose is being taken away. if the big corps. patent out trees and seeds and stop us selling a carrot we are controlled. i wish i could say this is just a small event. i think like diane and others it is part of a big picture. i fear what will happen in nov. it is all in Gods hands for sure. the proving man can not live without his creator. as a human race we make poor decisions with out a spiritual influence to keep us good.please see dianes post on this last farm. i think there is still more to come. if corp. can get the us to believe we need food police the vote will go their way. false truths. i am going to alert KFC on this too. we need to pass this info forward. sincerely somber sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  10:17:34 AM  Show Profile
Another cheese maker/raw milk farmer goes to court-

http://hartkeisonline.com/2010/10/25/morningland-dairy-headed-to-court/

They are all over the place...what is going on? We need to stand up for our rights, the right to grow, raise and purchase our choice of foods. It just seems like when people are finally embracing the local food movement, the Government steps in. They say it is for our safety, but that is just a guise. It is all about CONTROL and it needs to be stopped NOW! The huge corporate farms and the food packaging industry are behind a lot of this nonsense. Make sure to vote accordingly this November 2nd!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Oct 26 2010 10:19:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  10:27:57 AM  Show Profile
This is my local farmer that I am supporting...

http://www.thecompletepatient.com/journal/2009/11/2/industry-regulator-pile-on-at-trautman-farm-in-wi-may-offer.html

A brief story about how he lost his grade A dairy license. Very interesting stuff at this site.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  07:29:36 AM  Show Profile
diane, isnt this just the craziest thing you ever thought could happen. i mean really. to make carrot seed illegal by a corp. owning it???? or a farmer in america not able to sell his carrot without a commercial kitchen.lol lol the scarey part is the bill could pass. the bad press against these farmers is part of the corp. ploy to get uninformed voters to sway their way.the family in wash. state just makes me sick. to think the kids were ALONE when the fda showed up. WOW i am sure there are more farms being raided we just have not heard yet. let us know if you hear anything new. sincerely sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  6:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Another link and another farmer. Go here, he has good ideas.

http://wholefoodusa.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/update-david-vs-goliath-sustainable-farmersoil-scientist-against-big-ag-money-in-iowa-race-for-secretary-of-agriculture/

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

jellyjar
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Nancy
Chester VA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  7:53:47 PM  Show Profile
I don't know a lot about this issue to be honest. But what frustrates me is that this is all out of concern for food safety. However, whenever there is a food scare or people get sick, it is from the large corporate farms and processors. Not the small farmers.
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  06:15:55 AM  Show Profile
This is absolutely ridiculous...the small farmer is what will sustain us when this economy finally collapses...I need to get much more involved in Indiana so if anyone can guide me to a few resources, I will.

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  07:27:59 AM  Show Profile
nancy welcome to the forum. my feeling is that when something gets too big its too hard to control. such as processing chicken or other foods. in this case quality control is gone. thats why chickens are floating in bleach water with hundreds of other chickens and body parts stuck to them. this is the washing system the corps. use. greed is the bottom line. they want full control.

I have ask a friend from KFC to come here and post a comment explaining this issue better. i hope you girls will read it and be more informed. i do think our right to choose is being challenge big time. sincerely sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  06:12:36 AM  Show Profile
I just saw this video about two Fox News reporters that were fired because of a piece they did on the hormone that Monsanto makes and markets to dairy farmers. Very eye opening! There are also other links to videos about this same subject. It is an outrage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1pKlnhvg0

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  06:45:22 AM  Show Profile
diane, i watched the video and some others. it sure helps me feel good about having my own cow. it is so sad. greed runs the world these days. thanks for the clip. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  4:45:20 PM  Show Profile
People don't realize that it is the small farm, the down-to-earth operation that makes this country great and keeps this country fed. It drives me crazy that we have allowed the bureaucrats to scare us about everything under sun to the point that many Americans just sit back and say, "Protect me!!" It means giving up rights, giving up choices and giving up liberty, but fear does that. There are those in power who use fear to manipulate the population but we don't have to fall for it. Fear is paralyzing. Hope and Faith are empowering. The government can't protect us from disease, they can't keep us from dying, they can't stop a terrorist if that person is bound and determined and they can't immunize us against the evil small farmer!!
:-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

bakermom
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Linda
Garden Grove CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  5:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Out here in CA, we have at least 3 certified raw milk daries that I know of. And they are under attack constantly. Now "Whole Foods" stopped carrying it. Something to do with their insurence company not covering it? Give me a break! How can you call yourselves "Whole" foods and not carry the perfect "whole" food? I have not heard of anyone getting sick from raw milk in so long. Why suddenly stop carrying it? Now I have to drive farther away to Mothers Market, and then pay about $6-7 per half gallon. Yikes! When will someone form a group to protect the small farmers? Because if there was one, they are failing their job. By the way, I have and share "everything I want to do is illegal" as well. I like to keep an eye on Polyface Farms. Would love to visit it someday.

bakermom
sister#2064
www.lapetitekitchen.com
"that wine may cheer the hearts of man...that bread may strengthen mens hearts." psalm 104
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic campaign RAW MILK Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page