Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Quick Poll: What holds you back from baking bread?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Quick Poll: What holds you back from baking bread? Next Topic
Page: of 3

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  3:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Deborah, Congrats on the move. Now the job of putting everything where ya want it. Take your time. There's always another day. ;)

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  8:10:05 PM  Show Profile
I've been looking at bread machines/makers.... So, do you ladies NOT reccomend the Zojirushi? Cause that's what I've been seriously considering. The Supreme one...

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  05:29:24 AM  Show Profile
Really looking forward to our bread day!! Beverly, it was a blast getting to meet you yesterday! Hey, has anyone ever tried a sourdough starter? I have always wanted to. But fear kicks in!! Have a great day! Linda http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  05:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Linda- I made a sour dough starter using MaryJane's instructions about 2 years ago and it works great! I loved it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  09:14:25 AM  Show Profile
Bev, I'm not really sure what to tell you! If I remember correctly, I did make a batch of wheat bread another time, BUT I used half all-purpose flour just so it wasn't all whole wheat. I think I feared ruining it again. Sad, I know. It seems like that particular brand is a popular machine, for the price. Maybe they've improved them since I got mine waaaaay back in the early 90's.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

sweet.simplicity
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Steffanie
Bend OR
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  09:20:52 AM  Show Profile
I have odd reasons that hold me back from making bread. My husband works for a local grocer so we get free bread all the time, so much that I have to freeze it at my parent's house. The other reasons are that we do not have the money to purchase bread pans, nor do I have a properly stocked pantry for any sort of baking. I have discovered freecycle in my area so I will be asking for some pans soon. I have the time to do it, and I hate buying fancy breads when I know I could save $ making my own. I am not the cook in the family, but I am trying to be the baker!

Seeking my inner farm girl!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  09:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Awwww... Steffanie, you truely have the farmgirl heart. In your note I heard a lot of want-to, that's all it takes to bake bread. You Go Girl!!!I love baking myself, but I also try to be frugal about it, since I don't work anymore. I could bake everyday....but who'd eat it? lol We sure don't need all the extra calories!!! *grins&blushes*

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Quick Poll: What holds you back from baking bread? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page