J.F. Brown
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Jamie
Beaverton OR
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  11:32:28 AM  Show Profile
Our family votes: ALL of us, every time. That includes out-of-state-at-school, elderly, even a disabled person who needs help reading, but no help at all making up his mind!
When my late husband had a service business, he carried a pack of registration cards to his customers' homes, and offered a stamp if they seemed to need it.
In our state, it's all mail-in, but our family uses a drop-box on election day, to feel more like a 'real voting' experience. Yesterday I drove home from work, picking up the sealed& signed ballot of a friend who had to work late, and dropped them at the drop-site. One of my daughters had completed her ballot, but forgot to seal & sign, leaving it on the table in just the first envelope. Her sister reminded her by phone, so when she came home after working until 7pm, she grabbed it & headed out as our balloting ends at 8 pm. Three minutes later she called from her cell. She had been hit in an intersection by someone running a yellow flashing arrow when my daughter had a full green. Wonderfully, she was unhurt, and the car not too badly damaged. And-- her main request, which I fulfilled, was that I grab her ballot and drive it in! So, voting matters at our house!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Taking our Vote for Granted Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page