Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Your Favorite Herb & Herbal Remedy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Your Favorite Herb & Herbal Remedy Next Topic
Page: of 3

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  11:08:47 AM  Show Profile
Miss Bee Haven, is there any chance of getting that recipe for comfrey lotion to post for us? I also have the cracks around my thumbnails...lasting for months this time.
Thanks!
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  1:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love all mint varieties and lavender. I even love the two combined in teas or bath soaks- Anything really. There are so many herbs to choose from though; it is hard to pick a favorite!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  07:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Kristine - I do believe that the peppermint-basil-rosemary and cold/hot combination staved off a migraine yesterday. I had to take it really easy for the first part of yesterday and just pamper myself that way, but it WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!! I get a little suspicious of my prescription migraine medicine, and I am thrilled to find an alternative.

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  8:54:45 PM  Show Profile
Miss Bee Haven, are you out there? I would love the comfrey lotion recipe too. I have a ton of it growing in my flower bed and I really need to learn how to use it. Speaking of flowers, some of my favorite herbal remedies are flower essences. Does anyone else here subscribe to them? They work on a more etheric or emotional level rather than physical, but I swear by them for myself. After caring for someone who was dying of breast cancer, the trauma, stress, and grief of it all demolished my immune system. I developed alopecia and didn't know what to do. Flower essences were part of the solution for me. One of my favorites is self-heal.

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  1:10:30 PM  Show Profile
OK, add me to the list of Lavender lovers....
It's great for cooking, I use it in Creme Brulee and Cheese Cake. I also steep it with Pineapple Sage leaves for a summery lite tausane (herbal tea). (P. Sage is very easy to grow).
I also steep it in distilled water, strain it 2-3 times through cheese cloth, put it in a small spray bottle & use it as a freshing body spray. I also use it on my kitchen counter when wiping the counter clean. Keep unused portion in the fride up to 7 days & toss any unused after that. Lavender in EO may be a bit expensive, but it goes a long way and I truly belive in buying the best quality lavender E.O. you can afford. Not the cheap chemacaly laden knock offs.
I have a 6' wide buy 5' deep section in my garden with the most heavenly lavender bushes. But best of all, I have the most happiest & busyist bees in Moorpark. They love my lavender too!.
P.S., if you decide to grow your own lavender, please don't use pesticides or chemicals on or around it. Remember, Healty is as Healty does.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  09:04:00 AM  Show Profile
The only thing I really do is make my own chamomile tea infusions, and put crumbled fresh rosemary in the bath for sore muscles and body aches (it also smells sooo pretty!).

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Your Favorite Herb & Herbal Remedy Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page