Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Anyone interested in doing a finished block swap?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone interested in doing a finished block swap? Next Topic  

lsdehart
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Leslie
Oklahoma City OK
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  06:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Send lsdehart an AOL message
I am just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me for a finished block swap?

I was thinking that we could do a random pattern/random color finished 6.5" block per person. ie: if 8 people join, each of us does 8 blocks, send them in and everyone gets 7 new blocks and one of their own back.

Let me know what you think!

Things do not change; we change. -Henry David Thoreau

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  08:08:09 AM  Show Profile
This was tried and I joined and received three blocks even though I sent out all mine........I think it is too much work for most people. There is a thread under stitching room somewhere. This was the second block swap I have tried with not much success. It's unfortunate.
Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Edited by - quilt8305 on Jun 02 2006 1:28:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  1:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
this is a lot of work and more expensive than the charm swap. I you sure you want to do something like this. Not an easy thing to start and get every one to finish.

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

lsdehart
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Leslie
Oklahoma City OK
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  2:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Send lsdehart an AOL message
I am looking at it from my standpoint where I've got more time than money and I've got the fabric to do scrappy squares that would be 6 1/2".

I guess if it's not going to work, it won't work but I thought I'd put it out there.

Things do not change; we change. -Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  3:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I wish you lots of luck I hope you have a great time doing it. Exchanges are always fun many happy returns to your sewing projects

have a lovely day

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 02 2006 4:04:44 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone interested in doing a finished block swap? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page