Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Craft shop tour in Louisville, Kentucky
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Craft shop tour in Louisville, Kentucky Next Topic  

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  12:46:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm visiting Louisville from 31 May - 2 June (YEAH!) and will be there again on 8/9 June (maybe some days in between also). Thought I would try to organise a craft shop tour (yarn, fiber, quilting, etc) for those of you in Kentucky and nearby - so if anyone is interested, please let me know!
(Sorry for those of you further away, can I suggest this is as an idea for your chapter get-togethers?!)

Debs

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  2:26:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm in! I'm going to try to get that day off since you're coming ALLLL the way from England!!!!

My blog: mycountryhome.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  5:15:44 PM  Show Profile
Not sure how close Paducah is to Louisville but there is a HUGE fabric store there. Hancock's of Paducah -- that's where all the quilter's visit when they attend the American Quilt Show.

Just checked Google maps and the cities are 216 miles apart -- guess that wasn't a very good suggestion!

Handcrafted soaps and sundries at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/therusticcottage/

Edited by - therusticcottage on May 10 2006 5:17:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  09:53:16 AM  Show Profile
I am coming that way .. but not until the 3rd or so~~I will have to check the map and make a point to go thru Paducah!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

ShepherdessSarah
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Sarah
Nicholasville KY
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  08:32:09 AM  Show Profile
I wanted to come over too (I'm in Lexington), but lost all my emails due to a computer change and didn't find out from Debby where she was going to be and when this was going to be organized. I hope I didn't miss it!

Thanks,
Sarah

Black Bridge Farm
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  10:36:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh...when I went out to Paducah nearly 4 years ago now (to see my newborn grandbaby) I got to check out the quilt museum there
and it was well worth it...really inspiring! Have fun!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  08:21:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi all - I'm in Louisville now! It's POURING with rain! Rachel and I are going to visit a Farm in Starlight Indiana tomorrow and the craft shop tour will be next week (probably Thursday - Rachel to confirm please!) There are loads of antique shops down the road from where DH and I are staying - so that could be interesting - if we don't get too wet!
If anyone would like to meet up tomorrow - it is the Joe Huber Farm and Restaurant around lunchtime!

Debs
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Craft shop tour in Louisville, Kentucky Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page