Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Christmas Cookie Swap - Exchanging Now.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas Cookie Swap - Exchanging Now. Next Topic
Page: of 5

basket girl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

emily
walla walla washington
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  4:06:38 PM  Show Profile
Melissa and I are doing fine! =) - we've been in touch- TRYING to come up with a smashing recipe, that travels well via mail! =) Hope it's fun for ALL !! =) HOLIDAYS- HERE WE COME! Such a fun time of year.

~ A fruitful life is a happy life ~

Handwoven baskets made to stand the tests of time and use! www.basketsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  4:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I hope that there is no problem with shipping. I was worried about that at first but then someone mentioned about using priority shipping or something like that. I have always had good luck using the tins for freshness too because they keep them so tight.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  4:49:27 PM  Show Profile
sorry for slow reply- Yes, I have been in contact with Emily--We exchanged addresses already. Checking out recipes:) Hope you like your surprise Emily!

Visit www.honeybeeholistics.com for Organic Handmade Items for Bath, Body & Home!

Also visit me at:
honeybeeholistics.etsy.com
honeybeeholistics.artfire.com

Check out my blog for monthly specials!!
honeybeeholistics.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  05:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Sue...emailing you now:)

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://bluejeancountry.etsy.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  5:08:10 PM  Show Profile
Lulu (Connie of Kansas) wanted me to let you all know that her computer is not working.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  3:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Anna and Brenda, I sent your cookies via priority mail on Tuesday. They should be there tomorrow. Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday and a very Merry Christmas!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  5:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hey, everyone, How is the cookie swap coming along? :) Everyone okay?

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  03:11:11 AM  Show Profile
I received my cookies from Jonnie on Thursday! They are delicious! I have them hidden here in my computer/sewing room so that I don't have to share them, lol! Jonnie did a good job packing them up in a tin inside a priority box, they arrived in excellent shape!
I will be making mine this weekend, and shipping on Monday!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  5:42:58 PM  Show Profile
I recieved my "cookies" today! I have been wondering about these Canadian bars they call Nanaimo Bars.... And what do you know my cookie swap partner Emily surprised me with them!!! They are delicious!!:) :) Plus she sent two nice pot holders to cushion them in there trip! Thanks so much Emily!! I hope you enjoy yours too:)
Your Farmgirl Friend-
Melissa Carr #2157

Visit www.honeybeeholistics.com for Organic Handmade Items for Bath, Body & Home!

Also visit me at:
honeybeeholistics.etsy.com
honeybeeholistics.artfire.com

Check out my blog for monthly specials!!
honeybeeholistics.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  8:25:22 PM  Show Profile
***Jonnie***
I received your cookie package! Three freezer bags full, all tucked inside a beautiful tin! AND an embroidered lint-free dishcloth!!! WOW, you went to alot of work, Jonnie, preparing a Christmas surprise for me. Thank you sooo much!
I've got my package for you ready and will USPS it tomorrow.
Merry Christmas
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  05:09:30 AM  Show Profile
Baby, it's cold outside! Good day to bake cookies, I will be shipping them on Thursday.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:05:24 AM  Show Profile
You're so welcome, Anna! Glad that you liked the dishtowel. I've made about 15 now and am having a great time with them! Looking forward to receiving my goodies!

Happy day, ya'll!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  07:27:17 AM  Show Profile
Jonnie, you should be receiving mine towards the end of the week! :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  07:30:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh, yeah! Thanks, Brenda.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  2:13:50 PM  Show Profile
Girls I got to a place where I could use a computer!!! I've been out of touch for so long. Anyway Oleta, I have mailed your package today, I sent it priority mail with delievery conformation number is 03070020000065246843. I hope it gets there in good shape. I miss being able to get on line and chat with you all.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

basket girl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

emily
walla walla washington
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  2:27:50 PM  Show Profile
A Balanced diet is a cookie in each hand!
love. LoVe, LOVE the package, Melissa!! Ginger cookies are among our very favorite here, so I know this is a recipe I will add to my stash! Thank you so very much, they arrived just fine, and I even shared a few! =))
I'm glad mine got to your house ok! It was sweet of you to post pic. I'm glad you like them!

~ A fruitful life is a happy life ~

Handwoven baskets made to stand the tests of time and use! www.basketsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

Mollymaude
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Vickie
San Angelo TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  01:39:35 AM  Show Profile
Brooke,
Got your cookies in the mail today. You should have them Friday. Mailed them 110 miles from home and realized I had left your card at home so, it is 'cardless' but sent with many blessings. I love to bake but it was a challenge for me to get any of the gluten free recipes I tried to come out looking edible. I hope you will enjoy them.
Be blessed,
Vickie

Life is full of special surprises
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  04:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Connie, your cookies came yesterday and of course we've gone in on them! We watching tv last night with a cup of coffee and eating cookies with all our dogs watching like vultures. (We gave them a pnch.) Merry Christmas to us all! They are sooo good. I especially like the oatmeal,cranberry, pecan ones, and thanks for the recepies. I haven't forgotten you. Just rename me "A little late."
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  05:53:03 AM  Show Profile
Anna! All those yummy cookies arrived yesterday! My brother and I appreciate them so much! And, thanks for the cute mug, too. Merry Christmas!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  11:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Vickie! I received your cookies today!! WOW, I can't believe the shipping on that. You shouldn't have! Goodness gracious. *HUGS* Thank you so much. They are yummy and I appreciate the effort and goody cookies(!) and I am going to send you something very very soon in appreciation! That is just so sweet of you. You don't know how I appreciate the cookies at this time. LOL ... what a bummer to do this swap and then find that I can't make the normal cookies. I've been kinda going crazy for some things! lol

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

Mollymaude
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Vickie
San Angelo TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  6:04:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brooke,
Glad you got them and liked them. I wish you could have seen the messes I made trying to make Christmas cut out gluten free cookies, etc. It was unbelievable. I know the shipping was unbelievable. I stood in line and waited my turn at the Post Office in Odessa and asked the post office lady what the best way to ship them would be that would be reasonable but with 2-3 day delivery then she told me just send it that way that is your best bet. So, in blind faith I did. I stepped aside and filled out the information to let others go on as the line was sooooo long. Then stepped back up there and when she told me the price I nearly dropped my britches and my teeth but the line was too long and I had already been there a long time so just jumped in and did it. It will be okay. Just enjoy them and know they are made with love and shipped like gold! Please don't worry about reciprocating I promise your health is much more important than a cookie is on my hips!!!
Be blessed,
Vickie

Life is full of special surprises
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  03:44:15 AM  Show Profile
I received a cute flowered metal bucket full of cookies and chocolates from JustforKaryn. Thanks so much Karyn, this has been a fun swap.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  06:49:27 AM  Show Profile
LAKEONTARIOFARMGIRL
Brenda, just wondering if you received my cookie package yet. I haven't received anything from you yet either. Must be a Christmas Cookie Monster on the route between us!
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  6:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Connie, your cookies went out priority mail today.
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  05:23:37 AM  Show Profile
Anna, I sent you an email! Did you get it?!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas Cookie Swap - Exchanging Now. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page