Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Breast cancer linked to use of household cleansers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Breast cancer linked to use of household cleansers Next Topic  

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  04:19:12 AM  Show Profile
What I thought was really interesting was that mainstream media would share at the end some ideas for all natural cleansers to use.

here is the link if anyuone is interested in reading it.

http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/07/20/use-of-household-cleaning-products-linked-to-breast-cancer/

farmgirl sister#43
"All you need is faith, trust and......a little bit of pixie dust" ~Peter Pan

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  08:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Denise When I was pregnant the first time my Doctor forbid me to use any aerosol sprays (hairspray, deoderant,spray paint, cleaners, etc) as he suspected they were cancer inducing.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile
I don't doubt it for a minute.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  08:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I have no doubt this is true. All those chemicals coming into your airstream and then turning into toxins that get into your bloodstream. I do have an easy and safe and of course always natural solution to this-- I JUST WONT CLEAN!! :D
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  09:41:00 AM  Show Profile
lol! that thought had crossed my mind, Jess! but those bathrooms can get nasty.

farmgirl sister#43
"All you need is faith, trust and......a little bit of pixie dust" ~Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  09:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jessie, I'm with you! LOL Seriously my mom had breast cancer 33 years ago at age 51 and she is a clean freak. You could and can eat off her floors any day of the week, but she is a vinager and water user so she doesn't fall into that catagory of chemical cleaners. However she is from the generation that used lots of aeresol things. She is also one of the healthiest people ever, growing up I can only remember her being sick once in the 19 years I lived at home. My family I would say it's genetics with cancer, my great grandmother and aunt both died from different cancers and then my mom with breast cancer.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  09:43:52 AM  Show Profile
my paternal side of my family is just chock full of cancer, so anything I can do to stave if off is good news to me!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  09:56:32 AM  Show Profile
My mom has had health problems for most of her life. She took a job 10 years ago as a housekeeper for a big hotel. Her health has gotten continually worse. For the last 4 years she's in the hospital at least twice a year. Her doctor thinks it's all the chemicals she's around all the time. She now has COPD on top of everything else. My dad agrees and has made her promise to retire before christmas. When she goes to the hospital and then has to stay home for a long time, she gets a little better. Then she starts slidin downhill as soon as she goes back to work. I have switched all our home cleanin to vinegar and bleach for some of the really bad stuff. I am workin on gettin my mom to switch her home cleanin to more natural things.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  3:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for posting this. I have passed it on. I had a breast cancer scare last year and was always such a clean freak. After coming here, I switched to homemade cleaners and have gone organic, even use organic lipstick and glosses.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  07:53:10 AM  Show Profile
goodmorning farmgirls, i love this post. i have a medical condition called porphyria. sounds like (poor fear ee a), a human can either inherit ( as in my situation) or you acquire it through chemical exposure injury.the disorder is also known as chemical sensitivity or multiple chemical sensitivity or simply MCS. there are many websites for these conditions. i know of one excellent site called chemical injury information network. they received the nobel prize from germany for their research. very respected site in the community.
Even though the body has barriers such as skin, 10 seconds after being exposed to a chemical it is in through your eyes. just a thought. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  03:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Please also don't forget that there are studies out there that have linked people with high dispositions for breast cancer and the use of plastics...especially when heated. The chemicals that leech out actually causes cancer cell growth, especially in people who already have the gene for breast cancer
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  05:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Nicole~ where do you find organic makeup?

I switched from plastics except tupperware ( I only store stuff at room temp in them) quite a while ago. If you heat in it or freeze in it the dioxines leach into the foods and they are carcinogenic.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  03:34:06 AM  Show Profile
Yup. I am slowly making a grand sweep of it all and transitioning over to cooking with all stainless and glass. (This includes getting rid of teflon coated cookwear too) There's only colon cnacer in my family. But why take chances.

For cleaning? I'm a minimalist probably b/c there's far more exciting stuff going on outside and I hate being inside tied down to the sweeper or dust rag.

I usually clean up as I go so it doesn't get as overwhelming.

Harsh chemicals will produce a migraine, so cleaning products either have to be diluted or a home remedy
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  07:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Denise: There is a line of products called "Physicians Formula:Organics available in the drugstores and Target. Just use a light hand as it can go on heavy. They have powders, blush, mascara... Also, there is a shop called the "Body Shop' that makes great lipsticks. They are made with food-grade, organic, and fair trade products. Burts Bees lip glosses are good but the shimmer balms are heavy in mint. Aveda products are natural but not necessarily organic. Some things I find at Whole Foods. Just remember to read the ingredients. Hope this helps. :)

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Breast cancer linked to use of household cleansers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page