9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  4:43:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by urban chickie

Purifying your environment of the more easily gotten rid of chemicals can help some folk, as can eating better.

I find that depending on what I eat the hot flashes get worse or better. I am on the downside of this thank goodness, but my grandmother in law had hot flashes in to her 80's.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  2:46:50 PM  Show Profile
I've been dealing with menopause for quite a few years now, the hot flashes aren't quite as bad or frequent now, I hate the bad memory thing though and the chin hairs....I plucked for awhile but more and more kept coming in and plucking didn't seem to make mine any less wirey and that's the thing I hate most but this weekend I've got something new happening. This awful rash suddenly developed under my arms, under my boobs and on my neck. I've been trying everything to make the horrible itching stop and make the blasted thing go away. I started out with a paste of baking soda that didn't really help so next was a concoction of oatmeal mixed with milk and stevia, helped a little but not for long and it was very drying which made the itch worse. I've tried aloe gel, lavender oil, and I've just brewed a cup of strong chamomile tea which I will pat on after my next shower. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't know what else it could be, I have no allergies but I have no pets anyway, haven't been tramping through the woods so it can't be poison oak, haven't changed deoderants or soaps or shampoos or detergent and all I use are natural based products, I'm not on any medications. GRRRRRR, this is so furstrating and I am SOOOO open to suggestions. Gosh all friday, just when I think I'm getting through this POW, something new to deal with. Maybe alcohol....like a bottle of really good wine? ;D

Farmgirl Sister #682

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  07:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Dianne, I sell a product that will work on that rash. If you are interested let me know. Email me privately.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  6:34:08 PM  Show Profile
well this is most interesting. I am turning 45 next week and while I still have my friend I am sure I am starting the early signs of menopause and I thought maybe that was crazy. I have just decided to try and be open minded and go with it...the hot flashes don't bother me either as I have always been cold...os this was rather refreshing...that makes me laugh in a way who knew

blessings
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  07:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, LaVonna, I will send you an e mail in case I ever get another rash like this. I finally gave up and went to see a dermatologist on Tuesday and he told me it's not menopause related and gave me a prescription for a corticosteroid cream, that is working; rash is almost gone and I feel like I can go back to work today. I prefer natural solutions whenever possible but I was soooo miserable that I just wanted it to go away asap so I could go back to work.

Farmgirl Sister #682

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Menopause :) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page