Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Am I crazy or adventureous?...you decide :-D
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Am I crazy or adventureous?...you decide :-D Next Topic
Page: of 2

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  08:46:24 AM  Show Profile
I AM SO INTERESTED IN IT! I would love to get some more land, and building a home on it is way out of our comfort. But this really could be something great to live in. I say do it! Life is short, go for it!
Live it up! And blog about the adveture!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

KaleidoscopeEyes
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stephanie
Amesbury MA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  06:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Hey! Hope it's not too late to comment on this.

I had planned to buy a yurt and live in it this past summer on my DH's family's heirloom land in NH. It didn't work out because we didn't have much money, but instead we bought a huge 12x30ft Cabella's tent and lived in that for a couple of months. Although I would not recommend a tent for your family (although it was great for the two of us), a good sized yurt sounds like it would be a great option for you guys, especially in a climate that's warmer than New England! But you can insulate yurts and heat them for the winters. The only thing that I would really watch out for is mold. We had a terrible time with that in our tent, and I've heard that it is also a problem in yurts, but not as bad.
I hope that you never give up on this dream though! It sounds awesome, and what is life if you don't live it?
Good luck and keep us posted!
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  8:18:46 PM  Show Profile
I've looked at yurts and absolutely love them from my research. They look homey. I'd say your adventurous, but that's awesome. I'd have to get at least four to serve my family of six. Keep us posted on what you do. Would love to know more and how it goes.

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Am I crazy or adventureous?...you decide :-D Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page