Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:33:40 AM  Show Profile
When My sister in-law was here last week form South Carolina she wanted to go to the thrift store. Well I forced myself to go, three times. Anyway, she said I just had to buy this picture so I did.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  1:11:00 PM  Show Profile
We so need to see a picture of the Thrift Store you go to for all these amazing buys!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  6:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes Nancy, I'm jealous! I live in New York (Long Island) and am about to hop in my car and come to your neck of the woods after seeing all of the great finds you post from your thrift store!
Good for you!
Smiles,
Laurie

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  06:33:26 AM  Show Profile
Love the painting. What a great find! I so love anything with flowers.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  07:21:10 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe I have one of the only good thrift stores in the country. Others must be out there someplace. You should see the stuff I don't buy for lack of space. I do know that when I go it takes at least three times up and down the isles to really see things. A fast trip doesn't usually work. This week I'm going to look for some nice fall sweaters. Better to pay $3.00 dollars for an LL Bean sweater then $45.00.

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  08:47:42 AM  Show Profile
Love the painting. The last time I went to a local thrift the stuff was expensive (for a thrift)
But there is one a little further away that is good. I might go with friend A again in a while. We were talking about it a while ago, so....she often gets things for her grand daughter and/or nephew, toys etc. WAY cheaper than in the store, also sometimes nice clothes. Kiddies grow so fast.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  09:51:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy,
If you are ever coming over to Rochester let me know and I'll take you to a thrift store that I oversee. The biggest problem with overseeing a great thrift store is not buying all of the amazing donations! I am so glad that we have a policy that staff can't purchase inventory until it has been on the floor for a week. We want our customers to see the amazing quality things that people donate for us to sell. www.asecondthought.org .

Lida
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  11:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Lida,
That looks like a really nice thrift store. Now I wish that it was a bit closer I could have another one to visit. How nice that you work there. My sister in-law volunteers in one in South Carolina. Do you find things for yourself after the week is up? Thanks for showing the picture.
Nancy Jo

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  04:15:08 AM  Show Profile
Nancy,
Yes, some of the things I want are still there after the week on the floor. I had my eyes on a new Cuisinart Ice Cream maker and no one bought it so I got it earlier this week. I am happy when customers buy something I was eying because the item will be a blessing to them. The store manager knows my tastes and interests and pointed out a Greek New Testament when it came in. She said she didn't think any other customers would want it. We put it on the floor and a week later it was still there so I got it for a buck. Clothes, dishes, picture frames, canning jars, garden decorations and baskets, my gardening hat, flower pots... Uh oh, now I want to go shopping!

Lida
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Picture from the Thrift Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page