Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  05:48:13 AM  Show Profile
anyone else out there using stuff like table saws, sliding miter saws and such to revamp furniture or build small projects?

CMF

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  05:55:12 AM  Show Profile
I haven't done any furniture yet, but I have used power tools for other things. I love the tool department at Home Depot or anywhere else. My hubby things its amusing that I can spend so much time window shopping for power tools. I just like any kind of tool actually. We actually have arguments over my tools and his. With the right tools imagination takes shape. I would be interested to hear about your furniture projects..... they sound like fun.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  06:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love power tools and don't have any right now. Not having them makes you really appreciate them when you do have them!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  07:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i've never had room for large power tools, but am a huge fan of the dewalt sets. i love the portablity and the have always do what i couldn't do by hand.

http://www.alittlebitofred.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  09:32:09 AM  Show Profile
Power tools, did someone say POWER TOOLS, I love power tools for Christmas, birthday, just because day, can't live without them,lol...

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  10:26:28 AM  Show Profile
I love shopping for tools also. I think we always need more. My hubby is teaching me to use the tools but I must admit I am more than a little intimidated with the radial arm saw and the miter saw, but hope to learn to respect and not fear them.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  1:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Home Depot,Harbor Frieght and any place with tools is a favorite shopping spot with me and the hubby!We have a good stock of usable tools large and small. we redo furniture, make home renovations and just have a blast making stuff!

I LOVE TOOLS!

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/
http://littlehouseonthebumper.blogspot.com/ (My "glamper" page)

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  2:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My fiance` looks at me like I'm nuts while I'm oogling the tools at Lowes. He thinks I'm silly. Or used to. He came in last week and I had the old door we picked up at the ReStore cut down, hinges in place and ready to hang. I'm not good with many tools, just learning and I'm loving every minute of it!
I would still like to find my old counselor from high school and tell her a couple of things. I really, really wanted to take some shop classes in HS, but she said "OH no! You're a girl and you won't need those and you need to go to college. How bout you take keyboarding instead?" A week later I was back in her office telling her to get me out of that class or I was going to start skipping. I got out of keyboarding but got stuck in a study hall.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  05:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Its a bit after 4am here and I am getting ready to go back out to the garage and work more on the old kitchen cabinets I am reviving. They are old 60 some thing vintage. I have had to make a drawer, sliders and the tracks for them. I LOVE my router. I was able to make the "t" bars for the drawers and sliders to work on And for those with a sticky drawer, those little complimentary bars of soap are just the right size for lubricating the sliders and the "t" bars. First major purchase that I made after my husband died was a table saw. Got a great deal at Sears. This place was unfinished and I knew who had to finish it now. First rule with power tools Keep Your Flesh Out Of The Way. Hugs to all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  05:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cherime- I had to laugh at the way you phrased that first rule- but I love it!!

For us with long hair I also recommend making sure you hair is securely tied back and don't wear loose clothing.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  07:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Almost all the power tools at our house are mine! I have gotten drills, saws, router, etc. for birthdays, Mother's day, Christmas, etc. I could easily spend half the afternoon at Lowe's or Home Depot just looking and dreaming of projects to do around here. I used to do alot of woodworking... I'd love to get back into it, but that means I'd have to clean the garage.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  07:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Since I always had to clean the garage its part and parcel of the whole affair. I often do let it go until the sawdust reaches critical mass.:)

CMF
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic power tools Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page