Page: of 4

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2005 :  10:07:21 AM  Show Profile
Or another option is to get a nice looking file cabinet with four drawers and file them in alphabetical order by year. 2 drawer Oak file cabinets make very nice lamp tables beside your favorite reading chair.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2005 :  12:02:12 PM  Show Profile
I have a tiny cottage so I have come up with an unusual way to store my magazines. I seem to have more closet space than floor space. Each autumn I watch for sales on baby blankets which I use for my 12 dogs, most of whom are geriatric and need a soft, comfy place to sleep. This year I found them in our rural grocery for $2.50 each; they were quite a bargain. I bought 40!

In any case, each one came in a very nice plastic zipper bag with a handle. I put about 10 mags in each one and hung them up in a closet using sturdy plastic hangers. The paper also won't age as quickly this way.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2005 :  5:03:04 PM  Show Profile
wow Connio - now that is creative thinking! Those bags are too good to throw away. I always use them somehow, usually to store valuable family blankets and quilts. They have zippers and are well made. Great idea!!!!!
jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 06 2005 09:07:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2005 :  07:22:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies for all the great ideas! I will be on the lookout for the binders you mentioned Bramble. My Food and Wine mags I want to shelve with the rest of my reference books...A file cabinet next to my ugly but favorite reading chair Eileen is a super idea...and would dress it up Connie, what a great reuse for those plastic storage bags! I think you unleashed a monster here in me... Kid's artwork, newspaper articles, magazines, seed catalogs. The list is endless! Thanks! Jenny

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Clearing Clutter...... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page