Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  5:13:20 PM  Show Profile
I have no good reason to, but for whatever reason, all this passed week, I have been really down in the dumps.
Things are going great with the new house and kids are happy and healthy.
Hubby's job is going wonderfully. He loves what he does and gets along great with the guys he works with. This year has been chock full of blessings.
New baby, new job, new home, and yet, still feel sad and in the dumps.
Sheesh!

Anyone else having the dumpies? Maybe its a toddler mom thing, IDK

hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  5:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Could it be hormones? I used to blame it on my monthly and then going through the change but all that is behind me and I still have times feeling blue, when I just want to sit and cry and don't even know why. I noticed that when I eat healthy my mood is much better. You also have a lot going on, you might need some me time which as i recall is very rare with little ones around.

Hope your feeling brighter soon!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  5:54:14 PM  Show Profile
It sure could be, I suppose. I don't know why, but my OB-Gyn told me I was peri-menopausal (whatever that means). I thought with just having the baby in February that my hormones would be level by now. My monthly is two weeks away yet,so wouldn't it be the week they are leveled out? JW
I am having the hardest time with the children and bedtime. I swear, its been 3 years worth of bedtime struggles. :'( but I know its coming every night so that really wouldn't bother me too much.
Thanks for sharing Kathy. :)
hugs
jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  5:58:22 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, it seems like sometimes that happens to me. I just very emotional and weepy for no reason. Then it goes away. I think Satan tries so hard to steal our joy and does a good job of it. Don't let him win. Have a good cry but get up and keep going. It sounds like things are going so good right now and he knows it and will try as hard as possible to mess things up. I hope I am not going out on a limb here, but it sounds like what happens to me alot.

I hope you are back to your nice sweet happy self really soon. And give that ole devil a great big whoopin'!

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  7:54:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the reminder Kris! You are absolutely right!! I forget sometimes that it doesn't always have to be physical. That would make perfect sense.
You girls are always such a HUGE help!!
hugs
Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  05:41:07 AM  Show Profile
I don't think it matters what age you are, girls are just emotional. It's just the way we're made.

I use to feel guilty and wretched about it, and often not nice to my family. I wish I could have recognized at a younger age how to be kind to myself and sweet to others.

There was so much to do when the children were young. I didn't have a mother or any family who could talk me through the rough times.

It sounds like you have some good support right here at the farm! I know you'll get to feeling better and don't be hard on yourself for feeling like you're down in the dumps.

Hugs.

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  08:12:13 AM  Show Profile
How long has it been since you had time by yourself to re-group? Sometimes I find if I am on the treadmill of mom, cook, cleaner etc and haven't had a moment to just sit and "meditate" for myself I get the grumpies. I am pre-menopausal as well which means your hormones are a bit out of whack. My doctor's advise was to take a bit of time each day and get some real heart pumping exercise even if it is 15 minutes. It works and I saw a noticeable difference within a few days. Take care.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13626 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13626 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  11:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Jessie,
Yup . . we're girls and we're emotional and a good lot of it is because of all the cycles we go through. My hubby is great . . . when I'm grumpy (REALLY grumpy) I tell him I am and he says "okay" . . and waits very patiently until it passes. He knows me well and that I'll get through whatever it is.
But, you are a pretty busy farmgirl . . . and I'll just bet you need some real serious "YOU TIME" . . and I hope you kind find it. And, like Kris says, Satan will try to sidetrack us . . .and steal it all away!!
I'm pulling for you!!!
TAKE CARE OF YOU TOO!!!
Praying . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  2:42:14 PM  Show Profile
hope the grumpies are gone-i bet everybody feels like that from time to time i know i do!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Its been getting hairy around here. Still haven't found time to myself, but it's okay. I will soon, I hope. :)
We had a "mini-flood" in the kids room on Thursday night. I spent all of Friday moving their furniture into our room and trying to find a dry spot to sit our mattress and things in the flood room. Hubby ripped up the linoleum in the bathroom to access the damage....who floor has to be replaced. He went to start ripping our the current floor but the potty was so old that it wouldn't come undo and he shattered it. Sooo....now we have to buy a new potty, replace the bathroom floor completely, and replace part of the bedroom floor.
In the meantime, Hubby and I are sleeping on the couches and hoping tomorrow we can find a cheap potty.
Yep, someday, I'll get that time to myself. Not soon, but sometime..hehe :D
The bright side is that I will have a brand new bathroom when it is all finished. Hubby took down paneling and found mold so he ripped all the paneling off and will be replacing the yucky stuff with new drywall.
Yes! A new bathroom will definitely be a nice plan to relax in when it is all finished! :D
hugs
Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  05:43:26 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, you have good reasons to be grumpy now girl! But I love your great attitude about all this. You can see the good through all the aggravation. That's the right way to handle that. Unexpected things do bring out the best. It was a good thing he found that mold problem because ya'll would have started getting sick.

Have a great day! Hugs,

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  09:43:51 AM  Show Profile
My hormones got whacked out right after I had my son. I know I am in perimenopause. It can just make you so emotional. Try boosting your B vitamins and getting more sunshine.

Times of change, even good ones can be stressful to our bodies. I hope you feel better.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  1:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Robin--do you ever find that vitamin B makes you jittery? Whenever I take it my hands literally shake and I get real edgy.

Kris--sick is right. nobody wanted to go in there because the musty smell was so bad. CR almost has all the floor pulled up--hooray!! :)
hugs
Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235

Edited by - Sitnalta on Aug 15 2010 1:42:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  9:27:41 PM  Show Profile
B's dont seem to do that to me. I am pretty senstive to caffeine and any stimulant. I guess I am lucky.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  09:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, is the bathroom done yet? I bet that will make ya feel lots better.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  3:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Jessie:
Hope you are feeling better. Keep us posted on the bathroom project.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  5:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Bathroom floor and new potty is in. We have a couple of walls to replace and one that just needs repair. One weekend at a time it will be. :)
hugs
Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  06:54:18 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, I hope you have another bathroom! It sounds like ya'll are making progress. How are you doing with all this? I always felt a little anxious when we are remodeling. All the mess and dust. I was always sweeping and picking things up.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  08:50:11 AM  Show Profile
Kris--this is our only bathroom. The potty was only out one day and CR did he floor in one day. I'm frustrated with the mess and waiting, but I keep reminding myself that I'll have such a pretty bathroom once its done. I am cleaning and cleaning all over the place but leaving the bathroom to CR. It makes me ansy and complain when I try to do it myself or I want to make CR hurry up and do it. I can hardly wait for it to be all finished FINALLY! Hopefully, this weekend.

:)
Hugs
Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  10:19:06 AM  Show Profile
That's just a few more days! You can do it. You have farmgirl spirit!

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  3:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kris! :) I am hoping that once we get the bathroom finished we can replace some of the floor in the bedroom. We had to move the children into our room and move all of our bedroom furniture into their bedroom that had flood damage. We want the floor to dry out what we can but this weekend we are looking into replacing the damages parts of it. Until then, Hubby and I are sleeping in the living on the couches. :) Almost like camping ..hehe ;)
Will be glad when it is all done. My house is messy~ but I am sorting through while its sitting here being mess, so by the time I'm ready I will have gotten rid of a bunch of unnecessaries (I hope!)
hugs
Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Got the grumpies Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page