Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 What's the best treatment for ulcers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic What's the best treatment for ulcers Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  08:50:31 AM  Show Profile
I am having ulcer problems again due to adding acidic foods back into my diet. How stupid is that!!!! What is the most effective natural and medical cures for ulcers? Obviously I didn't get it healed the first time.

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile
My daughter is bothered with ulcers and she says honey taken before meals is a big help. It not only coats the stomach to protect but is healing as well. She also says bananas help.

Hope it gets better.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  10:48:41 AM  Show Profile
My Dad had ulcers pretty bad, he used to say that drinking milk helped him. I hope you will be feeling better soon and have a complete healing Kem.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  10:57:26 AM  Show Profile
I really don't know too much about this, so please be sure to look into it, but I remember something about cinnamon for ulcers. I know a doctor I used to work for swore by it, but again, not 100% sure on it.

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  3:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Also see what you can find online about marshmallow root. A German study many yrs ago showed it more effective than a common ulcer medication at the time- maybe in the yr 2000. It comes freeze dried in capsules.
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  6:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Kem, where do you live? I could send you some good goat milk. It really helps my DD with hers.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  2:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Have you gone to the Dr. and made sure it is ulcers? Also you may need to stop the acid production your own body makes, for that you need meds. It isn't just the acidic foods that cause it, they aggrevate the condition, and also a virus can cause them to return and you need antibiotics to get rid of that. Just a thought. I know the home remedies can be very helpful, but with some issues you really need to check with an MD too. Hope you feel better soon!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  9:26:33 PM  Show Profile
My grandpa healed his with goats milk and dry oatmeal. He would eat a couple spoons or dry oatmeal every few hours while he was awake and he drank goats milk three times a day. Just an oldtime folk remedy. Take it as you may! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  07:23:39 AM  Show Profile
I recently read that they have determined that Ulcers are cause by a specific bacteria, not as we always thought stress, etc. Of course those things make them worse. I know as farm girls we are all against antibiotics but the article said that the bacteria can be cured by antibiotics. So if you are really against going to the Dr. you may want to try so pro-biotic yogurt. The vet took care of my horses ulcer with antibiotics and then changed his feed to include more natural roughage than pelleted feed. If I hadn't seen the article about the ulcers being caused by bacteria I would have thought he was nuts. But, it worked very well and quickly.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  11:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Aloe Vera juice will heal ulcers. You can buy it at health food stores or Watkins.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  5:21:01 PM  Show Profile
I have used; kefir 2x's day, cayenne capsules 2 or 3x's, calcuim,mag., mineral tablets
This has been successful for myself and others.

The other combination for capsules that I like; slippery elm, oregon grape root, myrrh, cayenne
This works well if indigestion is involved too.

Ulcers are caused by a bacterial infection, but normally with a healthy immune system it's not a problem. So stress management, taking time to smell the roses, meditation, etc. are a big help :)

Good luck!!! Feel free to contact me.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, Herbalist, Master Energy Intuitive

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic What's the best treatment for ulcers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page