sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  07:25:10 AM  Show Profile
you are an inspiration to me. this is a fine thread. i used to be addicted to pop. i lost tons of weight when i gave it up. i had been in restaurant for years. now i rarely have one. my belief is its not just the sugar in pop, its the chemicals added that get us addicted. kombucha is fizzy and you can flavor it add ice and enjoy. just a thought. i make chai and or rootbeer kombucha. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  07:41:23 AM  Show Profile
I am proud of you girls!

Exercise is such a neccessary thing. As some of you know, I have been on Weight Watchers (2 months). I have lost almost 12 pounds and while that is such a huge blessing, I think what is even more is that my blood pressure has gone down to normal from pre-hypertension/hypertension. I was just amazed when it was 111/58. I just about cried. It's amazing how 5, 10 or more pounds can affect our health. I was also having trouble with one of my knees (that pain is gone now), my back, neck, hip and shoulder pain has not been as bad too (all injuries from a car accident).

Walking is going to help you girls so much :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  07:55:42 AM  Show Profile
Yay, Sharon! Good for you. I know this will help me alot. It hurts now but later it will be better. And maybe I might start some other excercises. Who knows?

And I am so happy for you, Sherry, for keeping the weight off so long. That's the hardest part for me. To slip back intot he old ways again.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  10:50:21 AM  Show Profile
Kristin,
Was reading this while eating my lunch, no I did not walk last night but I do take Annie (my dog) for a walk every day at lunch, she comes to work with us. Usually its just out back long enough to do her business, BUT because of your motivation we did do a few blocks just now. She gets so excited when we don't just round the corner to come back into the office but head off down the street. When my daughter worked with us we would walk at lunch but it turned into shopping, browsing, and spending. We have some nice antique, junk, consignment, plant and gardens shops here ( we are a downtown business). Annie keeps me from shopping as she has a very busy tail but we do have to stop to sniff bushes, buildings and fire hydrants.
Thanks again for the little push.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  4:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, that's so neat you get to bring your dog to work. It must be your own place. I just heard on the radio on the way home just now that 30 minutes of excercise and sweating is good for the brain function and all kinds of other things I can't remember. But apparently the sweating is good for the body. I must be really healthy right now! I bet I have sweat a few buckets just the past few weeks. And good for you for walking the few extra blocks!!!! Yay you! And the dog!

I took my granddaughter Kansas today shopping. First she wanted to go to the zoo. On Wed. it's just $1 to get in. And the heat index was 106. So I guess I sweat enough there to not have to walk any more tonight. But I will anyway. Then we went to Sears for some school clothes and shoes. I found 2 pairs of capris that I liked so got a size 20. Tried them on and they were a little bit too big. The bottom of the tummy is horrible. I hate the way they fit. So I got an 18 and they fit perfect! SO I got 2 pairs. I have to have something to wear to meet Mary Jane Sat. I'm sure it's not because I have walked for only 2 days. But I am really surprised I had to go a size smaller already. Must be all the sweating.

So now I am waiting for my walk. Cooling off a little. I am actually looking forward to it.I think I have finally gotten to that place where I might keep doing this. I am so glad for all the company too. That really helps alot.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  4:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Kris,
I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration. I am in the same shape as you. I had started walking 2 years ago and was feeling OK but then winter came and it got dark early and I told myself it was too cold so I stopped. I haven't been able to start again. I've thought about it this summer but my excuse is the heat. It's been in the 90's alot so I guess that's no excuse. You go girl and you are helping to inspire me. Thanks for starting this post.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  4:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Well Kris.... I am in the boat with you. My downfall is salt though, wheat thins, popcorn, puffy things, etc....I do need to start walking again too.

Thanks for starting this and chat soon

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  4:53:11 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I LOVE pop corn. I have a popper so I use real corn. But I just love LOTS of butter drizzled all over it. I have that about once a week. And i could eat a whole bag of chips. Love them. I have kind of gotten away from the boxed stuff so that helps. I hope you get started walking with us soon.

Laila, I am afraid of that too. I am really surprised I am walking in this heat. My mom has given me a few DVD's about walking in place. I might have to use them in the really cold days. I am hoping since we've had really extremely cold winters the past 2 years that we have a mild one this year. That way I can keep walking outside. It is so easy to get out of the habit just missing a few days. Kind of like church. I hope you get to walking again soon too.

Well, it's almost time to get going. Anyone ready to join me?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  5:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Leslie Sanson walk at home is really great I just did a 30 min walk and feel realy good. Remember to always park as far away from the store so that you have to walk that distance too. I love to walk and feel so good after but I always seem to blow it off. Once I start the walk I am so happy I did it.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  7:00:29 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone had a good walk. I did. My DD Abby called right when I started. We talked til halfway done. It sure made the time go by fast. She had an email from Unum Provident a few days ago. Then got a call today to set up a phone interview for Friday afternoon! She si so excited. She has been trying to find a good job for a few years now. And with her school over and graduating she is now having to start paying back all the student loans. So any good thoughts for her would be greatly appreciated.

Diana, that's the one I was talking about. She's really good. I could do that if it's raining or too cold. She's good. I hope you keep at it. It is hard to keep it going but you can do it!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  7:03:39 PM  Show Profile
Brenda and Starletta, how are ya'll doing? Were ya'll able to walk today? Just checking on ya'll.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  7:06:55 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, just checking on you too. How are you coming along? It is hard to change the way we have eaten for so long. But just read what's on that box or can before you open it! You can do it too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  7:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Can someone give me more info on Leslie Sansone's dvds? I have heard good things about them but how exactly do they work?

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  8:03:05 PM  Show Profile
They are really good 30 to 45 min and a good workout. You just put them in the dvd and go it goes quick it is not boring it gets you up and moving she is very easy to follow. I think I got my first one at Walmart and have a couple now. She was featured in Guide Post I think this year..
I really don't know why I don't do it more.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  05:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Well I did it, I walked 1/2 hour this morning already and then hit the garden and picked some beans Going to be way too hot to be out later so got it in right away. Our driveway and road leading to it is 1/2 miles and coming back is uphill. No one lives on the road to the driveway kind of a cow path kind of road so dogs can go with me.

Kris my daughter has been hunting for a good job too, she graduated a year ago May from college. She is working at Old Navy but really frustrated with her education Can't blame her, she just wants a full time job and an apartment of her own.

Happy walking all!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  06:12:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Kris! I've never even heard of kambucha scoby! What is it?? BTW, I did walk yesterday and boy am I sore today LOL but that is a good thing. I'll be back out there today.

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  06:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Good for you both, Rae and Starletta!!!! But isn't it a good sore? You just have to keep at it. I know we can do it. I am looking forward to walking already now. It's like I just want to show everyone I can do it. There was alot of traffic last night. I want to see them every night now. So they won't be thinking the lazy fat woman's done gave up. Nope, they won't be saying that. And I told my really good friend who is really into excercising and gives classes at the Y all the time. She's about 2 times smaller than me. She will be tough. But I need that. Because I know I will want to stop doing this and I just can't.

Rae, I know your DD is feeling like mine. Abby just graduated this past May. But that's alot of loans she's having to pay back. So she needs a way better job. I guess there are so many people who have spent years in school that are working whereever they can right now, just waiting for the good job to pop up. I hope she finds that job soon. They just need to get out there.

Well, I hope to hear from more farmgals who are walking. This is fun! Lets go girls!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  06:48:48 AM  Show Profile
I would much rather walk in the cold winter than in this humidity! It really sucks the life out of you. My dog Molly is my inspiration. She gets so excited when I put my tennies on. Is this heat ever going to break?

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  08:16:21 AM  Show Profile
Diane I know what you mean, crazy but can be -10 and I have no problem going for walk but this humidity

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  09:26:33 AM  Show Profile
Good for you girls!!! You are doing great!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  10:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Kristin
I have been walking and since it is our county fair...I have been walking all over. Feel like my feet are going to fall off and it is so hot...but I am hanging in there. I am trying to read labels on the boxes and things but I have to admit the fair makes it hard to eat right. ONce it is over on Sunday I plan to get myself really going on the right track.

Ladies yall are doing great so hang in there.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  10:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Oohh, I love the fair. And the food at the fair. Yumm! Ours is in Sept. I will have to stay away from the food area. But the smells go all over. I hope you have a great time and don't eat TOO much. It's like you just have to though. Let us know when you get started and what you'll be doing.

My feet hurt too. And the front of my legs. But that should go away soon I hope. It looks like it might rain here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile
Whoo Hooo! Kris...I love it that you're doing this...I'm joining you! I have a couple Leslie Sansone tapes also...they're a workout...but kinda fun...when my husband's not home!!!
I am exercising right along with you...we're the same size...you didn't say how talll you were, but I'm a short squatty little thing and I'm happy to jump in with you....if we loose 100 lbs can we have a badge for determination?
Don't quit! You're inspiring all of us!!!
Hugs!!! Sweaty and all!!!
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  1:37:49 PM  Show Profile
oke-dokey--just walked for 30 minutes in the heat index of 103...and I had only two pops today. that may sound like too many for most but, trust me, that is a big sacrifice for me...

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  1:40:48 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to mention that I went to the state faiir yesterday and the only things I had to eat were one unsweetened ice tea, 4 slices of fried green tomatoes and one, and only one piece of an elephant ear. That is waaaaaaayyyyy less than I would have eaten before. I saw they were selling "deep fried butter"...really, I mean it really????

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Started Walking Today Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page