Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Child's herbal sunscreen/mosquito repellant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Child's herbal sunscreen/mosquito repellant Next Topic  

Marlies Schmitt
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Marlies
Nampa Idaho
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Do any of you know of an effective herbal mosquito repellant and an effective herbal sun screen for a one-and-a-half year old?

We are going camping in the Rockies of Idaho and need something effective for my granddaughter.

Thanks in advance! Stay cool!

Marlies

Duck Lane Winery

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  2:48:08 PM  Show Profile
We just got a new brand at our local Meijer grocery store called All Terrain for Kids. I haven't tried the sunscreen, but I did see they had some. The insect repellant is fantastic though. It's called Herbal Armor for Kids and it's all natural/deet free with oils of citronella, soybean, peppermint, cedar, lemongrass and geranium. It smells kinda citronella-ish, but not nearly as bad as some of the other natural repellants I've tried and it works really well for my middle son (3) who is a mosquito buffet for some reason. There is a website on the product. Maybe you can look up the locations it is sold in your area. www.allterrainco.com

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Marlies Schmitt
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Marlies
Nampa Idaho
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  07:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the information, I am going out to get some right now! Will let you know how they work when we get back!

Marlies

Duck Lane Winery
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  10:28:12 AM  Show Profile
Badgerbalm has some good sun block products too. I really like the All Terrain insect repellant and so does my husband. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

KendraPate
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Kendra
Waller TX
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  08:34:13 AM  Show Profile
I know it's a little late but I saw Dr. Oz stick his arm in a box of mosuitos with nothing on, then he put Eucalyptus oil on and NOT one single mosquito was on his arm. I also bought the Herbal armor for my 2 year old and think it worked ok. I'd really like to find Eucalyptus oil repellant. they said you can find it at any store but I've had no luck. I did however buy the small bottle of oil at whole foods but have not had a chance to use it.

Every Day is a Blessing!! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Child's herbal sunscreen/mosquito repellant Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page