Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:42:02 AM  Show Profile
So Farmgirls what do you all do for a case of the blues? I have one at the moment. I am a stay at home caregiver for my 96 year old mother-in-law & sometimes I feel a little secluded from other women since I've stopped working & can't really get out much with "Grandma." Appreciate any suggestions :)

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  09:19:55 AM  Show Profile
I try to listen to music that uplifts me. I also create, paint, sew, garden, etc. With the gray dismal weather we have around here, I find myself in that state more than I would like. Are there ladies you could invite over for a light lunch? Start a "crafting" (knitting, crocheting, quilting, etc.) group? During the winter I teach art to some homeschooled kids on every other friday. That certainly cheers up the house! Can't help but be smiling with little children laughter bouncing off the walls.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  10:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Invite people in....have them bring food or sewing projects and just visit for an afternoon. I've been "stuck" at home since the 1st of June because of surgery. Being your own best friend helps alot too!

Hanging out on this Forum isn't a bad tonic either.

Debbie

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  10:29:19 AM  Show Profile
I find a quick project that is not to in depth. Finishing something gives me a sense of satisfaction and makes me happy. Then there is always "I Love Lucy." Still funny after all these years!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Blues Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page