katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  10:43:04 AM  Show Profile
My 12 year old female lab just passed this congealed bloody goo. She's been trying to urinate all day, but nothing more than a dribble comes out. She doesn't seem to be in any sort of pain.

She's had UTI's before but never passed anything like this. I'm calling the vet first thing in the morning to see if they can get her in as soon as possible.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  10:47:07 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet gal - I hope everything will be a minor cause and swift healing will be in her days coming... I now it is very hard to watch your sweet one's suffer - prayers your way for her and you.

Please keep us informed - we will hope for all the best.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  10:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh no! Kathy I hope she is OK.

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile
could be caused by her trying to pass a kidney stone, sharp edges will cause some bleeding and blood can clot and form a congealed mass. I will kept her in my prayers, as well as you. Check her gums and make sure they are bright/dark pink, when you put finger pressure on them, they will pale, and when pressure is released, they should return to normal color right away.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  11:20:46 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much, and keep praying for my little fur angel, she's means everything to me. I'm looking on line at other vets in my area just in case she can't be squeezed in tomorrow with her regular doctor.
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  2:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your sweet furry baby is not well. Sending hugs your way!

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  3:02:33 PM  Show Profile
I hope you have good news tomorrow, Kathy. I'll be praying too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  6:49:18 PM  Show Profile
My 10 year old lab just had surgery for a bladder stone that had attached itself to his bladder, The only symptom he had was the bloody urine. The vet first treated him for a UTI, but he still kept peeing blood. He is doing just fine now. Good luck with your dog,Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!
Don't out smart your common sense!!
Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  07:23:28 AM  Show Profile
I took my little girl to the vet this morning for her to try to be worked in, but it was so busy that I just left the urine sample there and am waiting on them to call me back with the results of there test. I'm hoping that whatever it is can be fixed with antibiotics.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  09:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I hope that she is doing better soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  09:57:56 AM  Show Profile
Vet just called and said it was UTI, and is putting her on two weeks of antibiotics. I'm so relieved that's what it was and nothing worse.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  10:58:28 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you will call the vet. Hugs to the 12 year old puppy. Hope she is feeling well soon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  11:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is good news! I am so glad it wasn't worse!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  11:42:33 AM  Show Profile
Such good news - glad that your sweet one will be on the mend and that the treatment is an easy one.

Hug her for me and know that I am sending Big Hugs to you both. Keep those tails wagging...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  1:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to you all :)
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  1:23:32 PM  Show Profile
How do others post pictures of their animals on here? I'm not a computer savy person and can't figure it out. I use a mac if that makes any difference.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  1:41:54 PM  Show Profile
Kathy:
Just emailed you concerning posting pictures to the MJF site.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  3:12:00 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad that it's an UTI, and nothing more serious, let us know how she is doing over the next days, and give her a hug for me...

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  7:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Here is a picture of KATALIND'S (Kathy Lindler) female lab. I've downloaded the picture for her. Isn't she a beauty? Hugs to her!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  7:13:33 PM  Show Profile
Kathy:
She is so beautiful. What is her name? I hope she is doing better.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:28:00 AM  Show Profile
Well I just call her Baby girl, but my boys call her BuckShot. We rescued her from a man who was very neglectful of her several years ago and that's what he had named her. She was a duck hunting dog but because of her age he had no use for her anymore and stopped caring for her, so I took her in. She's the best thing that's ever happened to my family.

Edited by - katalind on Jul 20 2010 06:32:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  06:04:23 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful and beautiful dog and lucky to have you as her family! Hope she continues to get better every day. sara
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  3:09:21 PM  Show Profile
Kathy:
I agree. My dog and cats are, indeed, the best thing that has ever happen to me!!!!! Hope BuckShot is doing much better.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  6:28:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks , she seems to be doing better. It doesn't seem to be as much of a struggle to do her business as it was on Sunday.
She was running around the fig tree today eating figs off the tree, it was so cute. She loves fruits and vegetables. As you can tell from her picture she loves to eat.

Edited by - katalind on Jul 21 2010 6:30:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  03:39:03 AM  Show Profile
So happy this is not anything serious. Hugs to you both:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  05:47:31 AM  Show Profile
Update on my little girl: As you remember I took my fur baby's urine to the vet and found out she had a UTI. The vet on call wasn't my usual vet and called in a prescription to the pharmacy I use, once I got there I realized it was for cipro. She has never been on this antibiotic before and I had a bad feeling about it, especially since I know that one of my friends was hospitalized from this antibiotic, and another friend who's dog had a bad reaction to it. So I called this vet and asked her to give me something else and she wouldn't do it, so I decided to take the chance and I wish I would have just followed my gut. She had a horrible skin reaction. She was covered in blister like sores that oozed from infection and eventually scabbed over. I'm still waiting for some of the scabs to fall off, they feel terrible when I'm stroking her fur. What infuriates me is that the vet won't admit her mistake. I understand that these things happen, and that you don't know until you try something. I called to ask them to put it down in her chart that she had a reaction and not to prescribe this to her again. Well they remember my phone call and all I got was attitude and excuses. Why can't some people just admit their wrong?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic bloody urine Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page