Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  10:14:21 AM  Show Profile
Helen, Got your art from NZ!!!! It is simple and beautiful! I love the little Koru...lovely. Thanks so much! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  11:54:40 AM  Show Profile
Is the journal traveling to all of us? I hope so, sounds like another wonderful project, count me in! :)
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey Helen, I got a piece of art in the mail from you yesterday. Such a beautiful piece. I just love copper, it's probably my favorite metal. I made my livingroom curtain rods out of copper pipe. I have seen this symbol - Koru, usually made of some white material probably bone. And hanging as a pendant around someones neck. I love it's meaning. Thanks so much I really enjoyed my mailbox treasure.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  12:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, can't wait to see your new idea, any hints? I'm getting anxious to send a Christmas theme mail art, which reminds me, are there any farm girls out there who would rather not get a Christmas theme mail art due to religous beliefs?

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  12:10:22 PM  Show Profile
Randi, got your recipe and fennel seeds today, thanks SO much! I love the smell of fennel and I plant anything that keeps the butterflys around! Such a cute idea! I can't wait to get the mail tomorrow! Happy day to all!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  12:12:06 PM  Show Profile
Clare, got the master list just fine, thanks alot!!! Great job too.

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  5:39:06 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls

Jenny Can't wait to see what you are sending out. Since I am Jewish, I would prefer to receive a more generic winter/holiday card.
Have nothing against Christmas, but it's just not my holiday.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  9:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
JPBluesky-

Yup-- the good ol' USPS didn't deliver it all! LOL how funny! You must have been very confused just getting a label! (and not a fancy one at that)

What I had sent you was a picture I took in New York City back in 2000. I can't remember which one I sent you, as I sent out about 6, but it was one of my favorites! Oh well, I guess the thought is what counts! Too bad the package that it was attached to did not come with! Maybe next time!

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  09:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Junebug, I'm glad you asked about specific holidays. I really don't "celebrate" any of the above holidays except Winter Solstice, although I love giving gifts so why not do it then. I too don't have anything against these holidays I'm just glad we're open to all holidays and all beliefs. That makes me happy.

Yes this journal is for all of us here. Than when it finally makes it's way back to me than I'll send it out to the other chapters but first it must to each one of you.

The MJF farm girl chapter kits have come in! Please tell me if you have already received a kit from your local chapter and already have a bumper sticker and the other ingredients. That way I can save the postage. I'm going to process everything this weekend and send everything out next week. I'm going to send it in a manilla evelope so please, please reuse this envelope, it makes me nuts to have to use soo much paper. On the offical chapter sheet that says what city and state the chapter resides in I was thinking of putting something like " Earth, The Universe" Just because well this is a global chapter. What do you think, any ideas?

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  09:23:58 AM  Show Profile
[8D
Hey Farm Girls!

Melissa I already have the materials and extras if you need them since I received an extra packet for the HOWDY YA"LL CHAPTER in Texas.

Thanks so much for doing this.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  10:56:45 AM  Show Profile
Melissa -- I'm all set with a chapter kit for North Clark County Farmgirls. Thanks!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  11:29:26 AM  Show Profile
Alee - thank you for letting me know what you had sent. It is the thought that counts, and i appreciate yours!

Sqrl - I have a chapter kit for the North Florida Farmgirls, so you do not need you to mail me another one.

Love to all The Sisterhood!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  11:42:17 AM  Show Profile
sqrl--I have two Chapter kits so I am good to go for awhile, so save the postage , The Garden State Farmgirls are ready for anything!
Thanks!
with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Jul 15 2005 11:48:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  12:21:54 PM  Show Profile
I sure don't want to make anyone uncomfortable about Christmas and recieving cards so I"m glad I asked. I respect you all and adore the connection found here amoung us farmgirls. So, the closer it gets to December, we can make a list and card preference?

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  3:17:01 PM  Show Profile
Mellisa, In thinking of names for the official chapter sheet, What about Gaia Girls? Gaia means earth. Just a thought...

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  3:34:05 PM  Show Profile
I thought we were going to be officially "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Art"? Just making sure!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  3:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes Molly we are ...this is just a suggestion on the location of our sister hood, which is the "earth"

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  3:40:15 PM  Show Profile
I suppose I should just shorten it to "Gaia"

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  3:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Okay Jenny, sorry, you confused me! Must be the heat and humidity getting to my brain!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  4:06:31 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya Molly! It was 102 today and the rest of the week it is supposed to be 105-108!!!! I am ready for Fall!

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  4:23:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited, I am in the processes of getting copies made of a photo I took to use as my mail art. I can finally catch up to everyone!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  4:45:22 PM  Show Profile
I made about 10 mail art last night, I'll be sending them out hopefully tomorrow! (Making more as well tonight)

Jenny, I don't envy the heat you are having, that's for sure, it's in the low 90's here, but with the humidity and the fact that we don't have central air, makes it miserable . My mom, in central CA said today it's 108 there! I sure don't miss it a bit!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  4:47:47 PM  Show Profile
I'm good to go with the Chapter Kit, so save the postage!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  4:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Instead of weeding the garden I am staying inside by a fan and working on my new art!!!!

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  5:43:40 PM  Show Profile
Need a chapter kit for New Zealand. Happy to send postage, just email me.

A great oak, is just a little nut which held it's ground.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page