sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  09:05:37 AM  Show Profile
I received a MJF farmgirl chapter news letter yesterday. I'm going to email it to Kay so she can eamil it out to everyone. I guess, now that I think about it, I should also have everyone's email so I can just make this a one step process and just forward the newsletter out to everyone when I get it.
In the newwsletter there is talk about each chapter doing a "round robin" with a journal. Since we all don't live nrea enough to eachother to make this journal, I'm going to build the journal this weekend and send it out in a "round robin" style among ourselves first before sending it on to the other chapters. I will start the book by just contstructing the actual book ( my husband has experience in book binding) and I'll send it out to you gals to finish that way we take part in making it. The actual chapter "round robin" won't start until around Sept. We have little time, so I think you should be a little quick about adding to the book when you receive it. Since we are 30 ladies and growing and I think it's important for everyone to make a piece of the book. Let me know your thoughts. I'm not sure who on the list to send it to first.

Also I would like to suggest an idea for our first group project:

I subscribe to a magazine called Sommerset Studios and all the work that is featured in the mag. are submissions from the subscribers. In the back of the mag. they list the upcoming topics for submissions and the deadlines. Well my point is - the topic for the October deadline is "Girlfriends". I think this is perfect for us, after all we are The Sisterhood of the Traveling Art. I would like each one of us to make a piece of mail art that is about Girlfriends. When I get home from work I will post what the mag. is asking for. I guess you should send them all to me, I will scan all of them and post them on my website so everyone can see them. Then I would like to bind them together as a book and call it something like Sisterhood of the Traveling Art, Book 1, Girlsfriends. Other tiles are welcome, of course and if anyone would like to make the cover that would be great also. So what do you think? Anyone who interested please let me know I think this could turn out to be really awesome. Feel free to email me if you'd like.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  11:32:24 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, I LOVE this idea of the "Girlfriends" book! Thank you for doing all you are doing for us!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  12:37:16 PM  Show Profile
Bramble and Molly, many "your welcomes"! I LOVE sharing seeds, just spreading a little more green around the country! I love the idea of the traveling journal and I can't wait to get the newsletter too! I will have to put on the old thinking cap as to the art, hopefully the guidelines you post will help some. Back a few pages, I agree we should send MJF some of our mailart, is her addy in the magazine? Maybe MJ will write up a article about us in a future issue? I sure wish her magazine came out more than twice a year!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  1:23:58 PM  Show Profile
The posting times leaves me a bit stunned Meadowlark. I post airmail and it seems to take 10 days also. Not sure why, because you can fly to USA in 36 hours. I suppose to carrier pigeons are getting older and slower, like me :)

A great oak, is just a little nut which held it's ground.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  5:46:33 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls
(and especially Kay and Melissa)

A big thanks to the two of you for taking over the Admin of the mailing list and the Farm Girl Chapter. I feel like a new person and that I will now be able to create some more mail art and actually enjoy the process. I am very busy right now, and have realized that my real strength has always been in getting folks enthused about starting projects. Have never been good with the "nitty gritty" of details. Have to confess that I have been feeling quite overwhelmed about all of this in the last few weeks. Thanks again to my wonderful farm girl sisters. You are the best.

This is all so exciting; can't believe the way that we are growing in terms of members and great ideas! Can't wait to create something for the Somerset Studios article, and I also think that is a superb idea to send some mail art to MJF!!

It is so nice to feel so connected. I am now going to make a real effort to be certain that I have sent one mail art piece out to each person on the ever-growing list.

Helen I wanted to tell you that I received your mail art in 3 days!
Could not believe that it came so quickly.

I swear that I can almost tell when my rural mailbox on the road has mail art inside---almost seems to have a special glow.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  6:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Helen, It does seem a bit slow, but I forgot to write air mail on the envelope. Maybe it went by ship? It got to you and that is what matters. I still have some more stuff to send you...pictures, a letter. I think it is so cool I have a new international friend to mail too! One of my dearest friends has ties to New Zealand. The father of her daughter is from there and still lives there. She named her daughter Tasmine, after the Tasmine Sea. I think that is a beautiful name. She told me New Zealand is so gorgeous and pristine. I am decorating an old wood wine box to keep my mail art treasures and correspondance. Maybe someday, a hundred years from now my great great great great grandaughters will find the old box with the words Sisterhood of the Traveling Art in Faded letters on the lid in an old attic. Would'nt that be too cool???

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  6:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
This all sounds so awesome! Would love to be added to the list, if you accept newbies.

Dorothy

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  7:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Yes Dorothy, we accept newbies! Email therusticcottage (Kay) with your address and permission to publish your name to others on the list, then get set for some awesome art to arrive in Haysville!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  8:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Kay, Look out for the newsletter in your email. Meadowlark I absolutely love thinking about finding an old wooen box with faded letter in a dusty attic somewhere. So magical a treasure it would be. This makes me real happy. I love our name.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  8:16:01 PM  Show Profile
Bramble - your piece of mail art was WONDERFUL. And your poem made it sound like you have known me for twenty years! Right on the nose! Thank you so much.

And to top it all off, I got a piece of mail from new Zealand, too! Thank you Bubbles - it was so pretty! What kind of feather is it?

Man, do I ever have to get busy! I have only sent out 5 pieces! Yikes!

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  8:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
I emailed it to connie and I think she forwarded n you. At least the reply looked like it. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Thanks,
Dorothy

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  9:49:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dorothy -- I got your information forwarded to me from Connie. I have added it to the list.

What a wonderful thought to make a special box for the mail art. I'm going to do that too!! A friend of mine takes vintage luggage and redoes them for keepsake boxes. I think I have a vintage cosmetic case around here somewhere that is going to be for my special mail art! I can't wait to get my first piect!

Connie -- I am so happy to be able to help you out by keeping the list up to date.

Melissa -- I actually had a copy of that newsletter because I am the chapter leader for our local group. So I will make sure to pass it on to everyone when I send out the list on Sunday evening.

If you haven't sent me your email address or birthday yet please do so. I can't get the updated list to you without your email!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  9:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I just wanted to thank everyone for the mail art that has been coming in-- Bramble- Thanks for the seeds! I really appreciate it!

I just sent out 6 pieces tonight...hope they find their new owners quickly!

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  09:24:45 AM  Show Profile
Kay and Mellisa, I think it is wonderful what you are doing with the mail art and building and adding to it... Your energy and creativity is contagious! Thank you both...We are adding to our own personal history with this and in the meantime sharing warmth and friendship with others around the world. If only governments and world leaders could do something like this... Share mail art instead of violence and hatred.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Jul 08 2005 09:26:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  10:24:21 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely sentiment, Jenny!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  11:48:06 AM  Show Profile
Kay and Melissa - please email me the latest on mail art stuff since you guys have begun organizing it. I cannot email you from this site, but if you email me, I will let you have my address permission for the new list.

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  4:46:33 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

What a wonderful thought that in our rather small but very significant way, we are promoting love, joy and connection throughout the world rather than hate and violence. How this is needed in our world today.

I know that we will continue to grow and prosper.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  6:29:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey JP -- I emailed you the info on the list.

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  7:35:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Meadowlark, looking really forward to earing more from you. The chest sounds a brilliant idea. Will send some NZ stuff for it. :)

A great oak, is just a little nut which held it's ground.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  10:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oops...Got a bit confused on my earlier post...The correct credit goes out on this posting! LOL More cards were sent out today!

Marlene- Thanks for the card

Bramble- Thanks for the card also

Sue (Junebug)- Thanks for the seeds! I planted them today!

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  01:30:47 AM  Show Profile
Kay and Alee... I emailed you on Friday from the forum link. Did you receive my emails? Thanks!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  07:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think I did... maybe you could try to re-mail me again. I have gotten some other emails from people off the board and I just checked...my email address is correct on the profile.

Hope it goes through this time!

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  08:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Clare -- I got your info and added you to the list. I'm so glad that you joined us!

Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  09:49:49 AM  Show Profile
Is it to late to join? This sounds fun.

Blessings,

Holly

¸...¸ __/ /\____ ____
,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±± |
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  4:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Holly -- absolutely not!! Just email me with your address and birthday. I'll add you to the list. Just click on my screen name in the box to the left to send an email.

Glad you're here!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page