BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  3:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie,
Just my two cents woth of little details...
I'm thinking the list should stay in the order it has been. That way, when we're all caught up sending out to the current list, we will know exactly who the "new gals" are and can start sending more from there. Starting alphabetical at this point may be more confusing, I believe.
Also, how do we get ahold of Kay B. to send email permission? What's her screen name? Think we should include our screen names along with the list of our "real" names?
Did we ever get the correct zip code of Susan Atwell?

sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  3:36:31 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Sue...Did Atwell have the wrong code? OOps, I may have sent hers out with the wrong zip! Sorry for all your electrical, car troubles Connie, that can be such a pain. I have been super busy with my Dexter calf. Neither heifer wants to feed her so I am feeding her(milk replacer). I am using Clares idea and making her a stall out of wood pallets.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  3:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Susan Atwell's zipcode on the list has one too many numbers in it....remember reading that from somebody awhile back but didn't see a response and can't seem to find the post now
Time to put the mail art aside for tonight and feed my family! ha

sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

I believe that Susan's zip is 46350. I have emailed her to verify this. Sorry if it did not get corrected. I am great at getting people enthused about projects etc, but I am terrible about little details. This is why I like doing publicity and children's work at the library,

I have also emailed Kay to verify her screen name.

Susan and Kay Are you out there?

I think that we should stay with the same order on the list but wanted to gather input from our wonderful group. I think that it would be an excellent idea to add our screen names to the mailing list.

Hope that I answered everything. More later.

Meadowlark Can't wait to see Baby Photos.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  4:07:41 PM  Show Profile
Perhaps it should be The Sisterhood of the Traveling Art instead of mail. Do not want to throw a kink in the plans, but also wanted to throw that out for consideration since what I have received is indeed wonderful folk art!

Kay, since I cannot email you from this site, will you accept my permission to use my address for mail art?

Kay, good for you for helping out! That is what farmgirl attitude is all about!

jpbluesky

Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 05 2005 4:08:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  4:20:28 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I do like that better! "Sisterhood of the Traveling Art"!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  4:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Lori, taking care of little Ruby is very soothing...satisfies those maternal urges till I get some grandbabies! Connie and everyone, I posted some pics of her on the Dexter calf topic. I will have more to post soon, when she gets settled in her new digs...she is just the cutest little creature! She follows me everywhere now, and "talks" to me. Her real mama hears her and comes running. I almost think mama is jealous and will accept her... I have tried to no avail. I do like that name for the mail art chapter.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  6:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone, I'm here!! My screen name is TheRusticCottage. I will keep the list in the order that it is now. Please feel free to email me with any changes or additions. Also, I have set the list up in MS Word. If you happen to have that program on your computer just let me know via email (please email through the website the first time as I don't want to post my email address) and I can attach the file for you to open. And if you don't have Word then I can copy and paste into an email.

I will need to get email addresses for everyone that has signed up so far so if you could just send me a quick email then I will have your address for future reference. Thanks so much.

Kay

Kay
North Clark County Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  7:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone sent some art to MJF? I am sure they would enjoy and love it. I am working on a piece for them, and trying to finish up the rest of the list. This has been a blessing! I plan on going to the craft store to re-supply some things for the art. I can hardly wait for the fall/harvest season, Christmas/Wintertime, and Valentine Day. This could really get out of hand...but it is so rewarding and just pure fun to do this. What about Birthdays? I am considering that too!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  8:26:40 PM  Show Profile
MeadowLark -- I was thinking today that we need to add birthdays to the list. Everyone needs art on their birthday! If you want your special day added please email me.

Kay

Kay
North Clark County Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  04:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
I am a newbie and just found this site yesterday. It is so awesome! I actually found it looking for rose linen spray and then my fingers did the walking. lol I have sent my address to Connie to be added to the mail art list. I wanted to do this with a friend of mine and we never got around to it. Looking forward to sending and receiving my first mail art.
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  06:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Very curious as to what exactly is mail art. I'm embarrassed that I don't know, but I've never heard of it before. It sounds very interesting and fun. Could someone please fill me in about how it works and what it is? Thanks much in advance. Have a blessed day.

In His hands,
Lynda
STL MO
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile
To everyone, I just sent CindyLou all me info to get the farmgirl chapter kits. So all the kits and future news will be coming to my address and I'll make sure to get it out to everyone ASAP.
I absolutely love the name "SisterHood of the Traveling Art", it's perfect, it's exactly what we are doing. I will email CindyLou again and make the name offical.
To Kay (TheRusticCottage), I just emailed Connie my list to make sure it was up to date, so I will send it to you now. I don't want to leave anyone out.
To Lynda, No need to be embarrassed. There is a list of Ladies and each person sents a piece of art to the next lady on the list. This art can be big or small, usually made on or of paper but doesn't have to be. It can be collage, poems, illustrations, painted, or whatever you can think up. It can even be a post card that you found. And then you seal it up and send it off. It's a great feeling to spend time on a piece of art and than send it off never to be seen again and it is also a wonderful feeling to then receive a piece in the mail not knowing what is in the envelope, it's always a surprise. It's a wonderful connection to get to know people through their art. It's welcome to everyone so, join up.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  09:54:16 AM  Show Profile
KAy, Also I definitely love the birthday idea. We should go for it.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  11:04:44 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning!

I have the list done with the names and information that I have so far. I will be sending it out on Sunday evening. I decided to do it in MS Excel as it was easier to manipulate the information. So if you have Excel let me know and I can attach it as a file. I will also copy it into an email.

If you haven't done so already, please send me your email address and birthday. All you need to do to email me is click on my name screen name (therusticcottage), at the next screen click on send email. Once I have your email address I will add you to the distribution list.

Melissa, thanks so much for coordinating the chapter kits. And thanks for sending me the list that you had so that I could compare. I had missed several names.

I send out mail to my first two people today -- I'm so excited. This is going to be so much.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  11:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Lynda -- Welcome! I sent out my first two pieces of "art" today but I didn't actually make them. I collect vintage greeting cards from the 50s and 60s so that's what I sent.My daughter does beautiful collage art notecards so I'm going to go to her house for some lessons. Then it will be fun to go to the hobby store to buy stuff for cards in the future!!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  11:45:24 AM  Show Profile
Howdy fellow farm girls! I agree with all the suggestions above with one question, how do we know when to stop and change to another season or holiday mailing? I'm sending to everyone on the list, which all of them came back to me needing extra postage so if they aren't there yet, they will be. Love the name too! Happy day to all!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  12:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I may be sounding like a pest but could you tell me if my name got on the list. I am a new one to the group. Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile
June bug thank you for the surprise package today! Love your envelope, very clever! I will plant my "present" right away and if lucky will have them flowering in September. Thank you so much, a very nice way to "meet"!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  12:07:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pennyfour

Kay, I may be sounding like a pest but could you tell me if my name got on the list. I am a new one to the group. Thanks so much.

I got your name and birthday added today! Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  12:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kay. BTW...my mom's name was hard to pronounce when she came to America so she adopted the nickname Kay :) Can't wait to start sending and receiving these labors of love.
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  7:35:40 PM  Show Profile
YOOOOOOOOOOOO MEADOWLARK, received your mailart today. Many thanks, so cool, yours is on the way too. :)
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  9:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Your welcome Helen! I sent yours about 10 days ago...that is pretty fast for going across that big pond! I can hardly wait to see what comes from your neck of the woods!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  08:34:29 AM  Show Profile
Thank you JuneBug for the lovely mailart! I LOVE the seeds, my 11 yo son said "Cool!" when he saw them..(he's a nature-lover like me). Thank you thank you! I need to get some more mail art made for those I haven't sent to yet! I'll do that in the next few days, so if you haven't received from me, start looking in the next week or so!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  09:03:16 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Melissa and Kay for your welcome and help. It sounds like fun and something I would like to do. How do I sign up? Does everyone get a list of names and addresses or is that sent along to the next person on the list with their mail art? I would absolutely love to get something besides junk mail & bills in my box. I'm really excited about the whole thing just thinking about it! Does it just keep going around and around? Sorry for all the questions, it's just so intriguing, I can't wait to meet all of you and bring your personal touches into my home. Thanks again for helping me get started, I look forward to learning more.

Blessings to you.
In His hands,
Lynda
STL MO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page