junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2005 :  12:35:37 PM  Show Profile
Marlene, your mail art is the very first one I've gotten, so cute, thanks! So, you've been in my neck of the woods, we live about 100 miles from Branson and Springfield, and I agree, it's a beautiful state, thanks! I got a itch to work on my mail art now! :)

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2005 :  1:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Marlene!

Thanks for the Card! It was so nice to get my first bit of Mail Art!

Thanks

ciao

Alee

Edited by - Alee on Jun 25 2005 2:43:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  11:39:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls!

Just in case anyone missed it, I posted to the Farm Girl Chapter chat a few minutes ago. Gave some details on the Mail Art Chapter.

PS I send 2 more mail art letters out last night.

Thanks so much to all of you wonderful ladies who have mailed to me. I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this and hope that you all are also.

This is so exciting!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  12:40:52 PM  Show Profile
How do I get to the farm girl chapter chat to check it out?? Am sending out ALL mine tomorrow, this is a blast!

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  3:12:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi All you Artists,
I have now received 5 pieces of beautiful mail art! I am making a bulletin board for them. This is so much fun! Thank you all for the wonderful uplift to my trip to the post office. Better to get mail art than all those bills!
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  3:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!
Marlene thank you for the adorable card and nice note inside! It so nice to get things other than bills! Meadowlark-a woman after my own heart, I finally got my "old farm truck", too cute!

I am slow to get things going here but I will eventually get something out to all of you. I need to get somephotos developed first ...........!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  5:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls

Sue Just go back into the general forum and go to the Farm Girl Chapter Projects site.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

shelley ginger
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Shelley
Ossining New York
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  8:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Send shelley ginger an AOL message
Hi Everyone!!

I'm so excited!! I received a couple of mail art notes in the mail and they're gorgeous!! I've been busy on mine...and trying to make each one different!! If you haven't gotten one from me yet...please hang in there!! I really haven't forgotten!! Hugs!! Shelley

We'll be friends until we're blue in the hair.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  8:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Same with me - I am going to send one to everyone, but it will take time. I hope this can go on for a long time anyway!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  08:35:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks JP and Bramble for the mail art I got this morning!!! Such beautiful pieces from such talented ladies!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  09:21:32 AM  Show Profile
The mail gods just delivered a delight from the land of New "JOYsey"! Thank you so much Bramble! I love it! It is so "Bramble"! Very, very special like the lady who crafted it! And as an added bonus, horticultural information and poetry! My farmgirl plastic 7/11 cup overfloweth! I always knew you had a poets soul!I'll treasure them!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  8:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Mollymae and Meadowlark-- Glad you liked the mailings, I was trying to
get them out sooner but the list kept growing! Everyone's is different so I hope they are not too far out there! I was a little loopy when I wrote some of the rhymes so...don't hold it against me!
Late night when I'm tired ,I just get silly!I have five left to finish for this round and then I'm done until someone new joins up.
Have a great weekend everyone!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2005 :  06:21:53 AM  Show Profile
Hello to Bramble,Marlene,Eileen,MollyMae and Connie for the smiling mail in my box!! It makes the walk out the lane to the mailbox a pleasure. I, too am trying to make "one-of-a-kinders" to send out.It was a slow start, but as with all good art, the more you practice, the better they get.I plan on spending a good part of today, making more to send out now that the garden is finally weeded.
As I was digging out my rubber stamps, pens, etc I found my box of Valentine making supplies and had a great idea for us farmgirls
If we start thinking about it now, we could organize a homemade Valentine mail-art exchange!I make my own Valentines every year and enjoy it so much....they don't have to be too lovey-dovey or even elaborate. Silly is good, too.It really is just the thought that people love.
How 'bout it Connie?? What do you say?

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2005 :  06:27:45 AM  Show Profile
PS...forgot to mention that I am making a special box to hold all my precious mail in. Another creative endeavor that I am just loving.

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2005 :  06:58:13 AM  Show Profile
I'm up for the Valentine mail art, Sue!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  07:16:12 AM  Show Profile
I got my second piece of mail art, from Bramble, thanks SO much, such a pretty setting on the pic! I had a idea too, extending this fun project for Christmas too, I know it's a hectic time of the year already, but maybe just a Christmas card exchange amoung us?? I"m up for any and all mail art mailings! Looking forward to getting the mail again!

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  09:31:16 AM  Show Profile
I got my first piece of mail art this weekend, thanks Bramble. It was so nice to get something fun in the mail.
Also I've meaning to ask does anyone know about SomerSet Sudios? It's a magizine for paper arts. It's made up of the most beautiful and creative art, all sent in fron the subscribers. My Mother-in-law got the subscription for my birhtday a few year back and I look forward to it every two months. All the way in the back of the mag. they list the new topics for submission and the dead lines. I think I'm going to try a submit something for the October deadline the topic is Girlfriends. Here's the link http://www.stampington.com/ They have other mags also like doll making and scrapebooking. I've meaning to tell everyone about this because it's right our alley here with the mail art. Check it out.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  09:47:56 AM  Show Profile
Connie,
I wrote you a message in the farmgirl chapter section regarding ordering chapter kits. I want to make sure you know I contacted CindyLou about ordering 2-3 kits since we are now 30 Ladies and growing. I don't know if thats even enough. And I will send them out to everyone as soon as I get them.
I called it the global mail art chapter, but please if there are any ideas for a better name lets come up with one. I only used it for a quick name to expalin to her what kind of chapter it is. Any ideas?

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, here's a suggestion, it sounds pretty corny, but it's what came to me..ROFL..."Sisterhood of the Traveling Mail" (like that movie "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants")

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  11:12:00 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

I am so excited about all that is happening with our mail art project! All of these ideas are wonderful, and I vote to pursue them. I would guess that our mail art pieces would probably focus on holidays anyway during particular times of the year. I just love the idea of making a special box to hold all of our art; who knows, if these keeps growing, we may need to each have a special vault for all of our archived art!!!!!
Yes, I do know about Somerset Studies and have several of their magazines. I love to visit Barnes and Noble when I am in the city and spend an hour or so just perusing their magazines. Then I select a special few to purchase. This is how I discovered both Somerset and Mary Jane.

I did not know that they were having a "Girlfriend" theme in the Fall. Seems like we are perfect for this! Let's submit!

As a librarian, I am also very aware of the "Travelling Pants" books and movie. I like the idea of the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" as our name. Any other thoughts on this?

"BREAD AND BUTTER MAINTENANCE ITEMS"
I had planned to create a new Master mailing list this past holiday weekend and also to complete more of my mail art pieces. HOWEVER, disaster struck, and I had electrical problems at home on July 1 and my only car died as I was driving home on July 2. I am single and have not lived out in the country long so I don't know a lot of folks. All of my family and most of my friends, live in Dallas or Fort Worth and were out of town for the holiday! I was stuck. Had a AAA wrecker transport my poor old car to the garage and ended up taking a cab home to the country! I can guarantee that Yellow Cabs are few and far between out in the pasture! I had to warn the drivers to watch for my neighbor's goats who regularly escape and stand in the bend of the road. Cost me $70.00. The next day, I had to take an airport shuttle to the DFW airport to pick up a rental car on July 4--the only rental facility open for miles around. This cost me another $100. I love living out in the country, but it can be a bit of a hassle and rather expensive during times like this.

Consequently, nothing was done on my Mary Jane Mail art or Chapter projects. I am sending ya'll "A Big Sorry", as one of my co-workers from the Ukraine used to say we he goofed up. Will spend the next week or so on the car and electrical problems so please continue to use the old "patchy" list for now. Email me if you have questions.

Melissa I am thrilled that you are willing to coordinate the Farm Girl email chapter. Due to my various mishaps, I think that I will just send you the certificates etc that I have so that you can combine them with the materials that you will be receiving. Is this ok?

Finally, want to encourage everyone to join in the mailart fun even if you have not had a chance to send anything out. It is never too late, and we all seem to love getting the mail.
Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  11:16:27 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

OOOPS I made a typo--meant to type "as one of my co-workers from the Ukraine used to say WHEN he goofed".....

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  12:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Hello all:

Just emailed you, Connio, to be included on the mailart list, if it's not too late. Though this will be new to me, I look forward to learning what's involved and seeing all this artwork that you all have been talking about. My curiosity is peaked! Til I meet some of you through the mail. Pennyfour
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  12:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Sqrl - Got a wonderful little piece of mail art today! Loved the poem, too! Thank you!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  2:07:40 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls

OOOPS again. I am clearly not focusing well today. I meant to say that I like the name "Sisterhood of the Travelling Mail".

Have 3. items to discuss/report in regard to our mail art.

1. Kay B. who is a new participant, has graciously offered to take over the maintenance of the mailing list; I have gratefully accepted her offer since I am swamped right now and don't have computer access at home at this time.

2. In order for Kay to send the new master list out, it will be necessary for each of you to send me permission (by email) to give Kay your email address.

3. Kay wanted to know if she should keep the list in the current order or alphabetize it. Need your thoughts on this asap and also how we should proceed after everyone has sent to at least the next person on the list.

Fun fun fun. I just love this so much. Hope that I will have some mail art in my box when I get home tonight. If there are any of you out there who have not started your mail art, I would encourage you to do so. It really is so much fun and a great way to feel connected to our farm girl group.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  2:44:55 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I'm glad you liked the name I thought of !

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page