sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  08:42:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure what to do next. How does the list work? I think I'm going to get started on my first piece this weekend. Let me know what I have to do to send it. Very exciting. Blessed Be.

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  10:30:59 AM  Show Profile
I will also thank someone for my first receipt of mail art! Thank you, Marlene! Your pretty note was such a nice surprise in the mail! This is fun!

Sqrl - do what you feel led to do and send your art to anyone you chose. I chose the next person on the list I received and then added some other folks that I felt led to send art to. I may eventually send something to all on the list, unless it grows miles long!

Part of the fun is the freedom to surprise someone with whatever strikes your fancy the day you make it. I have used pieces and parts of other cards I have saved. And I have used colored paper and ribbon. The sky is the limit - buttons, stickers, lace, sequins, old photos, and on and on. Put it on a post card or a blank card or a piece of cardboard - just let it happen! :) I also got personal-oriented ideas from the interests that a certain person has expressed on this site.

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  11:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Glad you liked it Molly! You are right Jp about whatever strikes you the day you make the art and send it out. I find that is how I am doing it too. I think that is why it is so fresh and spontaneous. This is so much fun. Remember writing all the "secret notes" to your girlfriends in Junior High? I would do art and doodling on my notes and slip them in the vents in my friends lockers. This is what it feels like!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  1:40:39 PM  Show Profile
A note to June Bug. I certainly understand that the garden and all of our other many responsibilities must come first, but I would love to have you participate and receive some goodies in your mailbox.

Mail art can be as simple as buying a card or postcard at a dollar store and sending it out. It should not be a pressure--just lots of fun.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  6:02:01 PM  Show Profile
I got 10 more completed today, and will be mailing them off tomorrow and Monday!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  10:07:52 AM  Show Profile
I want to do this.
What do I do next??
Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  10:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Marcia, email Connio with your name and address (and permission to share it), and she will add you to the list!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  10:12:01 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Molly. I found the answer right after I posted that. Should have read farther...

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  12:36:44 PM  Show Profile
Marcia,

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  10:45:18 AM  Show Profile
I opened my mailbox this morning and another treasure from a dear farmgirl friend awaited me... Thank you so very much JP...What a blessing your friendship is. The song is beautiful and just right for a summer's day! I am taking the CD to the pool this afternoon to listen to. Sarah Brightman, a cool swimming pool and a hot June sun! Heaven! I loved the little card too! Bless You!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  11:34:56 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark - you are very welcome! :)
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  12:05:28 PM  Show Profile
Connio, I am for sure joining in on this wonderful idea, all I meant was it may take me longer than others to get one to each one of you, I LOVE this idea and can't wait to start getting some fun mail instead of bills and bull......lol So keep your eyes on the mailbox EVERYONE, this idea is so neat, can't just send one to one person, so be patience with me, I'll start them this week! Thanks for starting such a good thing!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  10:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark - thanks back at ya! My mail today held a special piece of mail art, and I am not using the word loosely - it is art in it's definitive form! I have to find a place to display the mail art I get, and yours will be front and center. Love it! So bright and simple and lovely!
This is so fun!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  11:07:38 AM  Show Profile
You are most welcome JP... And a big thanks to all the girls who have sent me art, they are very special and so much fun to recieve...can't remember if I have thanked all of you!

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  3:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls Thanks to all have sent out mail art. I am currently working on 5 more pieces to send out in the next few days.

Please have patience with me on the new master list--one day it will come---where do the hours go?

Have fun with this and have a happy week end.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, keep a look out for snail mail from New Zealand, have started posting. :)
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  6:57:29 PM  Show Profile
I have receiived 2 pieces so far, each as unique and delightful as the sender! Many thanks to Meadowlark and Marlene! I have been "patching" mine together and have about 10 that are ready to mail and 10 to finish this weekend! Don't give up on me , they are coming soon!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  7:43:04 PM  Show Profile
I have been working on more pieces tonight. Hey Helen, Keep an eye for some art headed your way from Kansas U.S.A I love this!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  7:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jenny, I was looking at the "week in pictures" on msn.com today and one of them had a caption saying the picture was taken near "Salina, Kansas" and I thought of you

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  7:50:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh Molly, What was the pic of? Wheat harvest? That is the biggest thing going on right now in my neck of the woods. DH hauled a semi full of wheat for his brother tonight. Everyone is scrambling to beat the thunderstorms headed our way! Thanks for the tip!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  8:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, that's what it was! 3 red tractors harvesting on the same field

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  8:46:37 PM  Show Profile
Molly Mae
Thanks for the wonderful piece of Mail Art. I have gotten 4 pices so far. I think it is such a fun idea. I am enjoying every minute of it.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  8:56:07 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome, Robin! I'm enjoying it too! Tomorrow I need to make some more to mail out, our "little" list keeps growing!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2005 :  10:33:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Mollymae - My husband went to get the mail this morning and said "who do you know in Beaver Dam?" I loved your mail art...so fresh and pretty! Will be sending you one soon!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 25 2005 2:27:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2005 :  11:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I'm so happy you like it! I can't wait to get one from you as well!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page