MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  08:42:50 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
I've read through all the posts about the mail art and I think there are some good concerns and I think I have some solutions. I think first that it's a wonderful idea to send mail art back to someone who sent it to you! That’s a great way to always keep the mail coming!! I agree that there are “readers” who may not post but read and are just as much apart of the forum and should also receive mail art. At this time contacting everyone on the list to reconfirm if they want to stay on the list isn't something I can do, most of the time when gals want to be taken off the list they contact me and that works well. I think that lots of our lives get really busy and we forget, but the mail art means a lot when you get it and everyone appreciates it when they do (even if they don’t respond). So for now I'm going to keep signing up farmgirls and I will try and send out a new list this week. Don't be over whelmed by the size you don’t have to send to all just have fun with the ones you do. The newest members (so the ones who are really ready to sent some) are always on the bottom of the list. That would be a good place to start if you wanted a quick response. Thanks for all of your imput and excitement for mail art!

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  5:00:19 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!

Kate What if you sent out "an all call" type of email to everyone on the mail art list and asked them to let you know if they wanted to drop off of the list. I would set a deadline of 1 month. This would be a way to avoid having to contact each person individually. When the deadline has passed, just zip through the list and delete all that have not responded.

Just had another idea--if you are sending out a list in about a week, why not just put "a header" at the top that has the announcement about participating with the deadline posted prominently.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage

Edited by - connio on Jun 07 2006 5:04:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  06:47:17 AM  Show Profile
I think that is a good idea to put a note on the top of the new list that is coming out to let Kate know if you want to continue or not on the mailart. Kate since you are sending out a list anyway, that would be a fast way to just remind all of us to update you, if you have moved or just don't want to participate, etc. Also you are right, don't try to take on the whole list at once, just do sections. I started with all the girls in Oregon first, then later I did the ones around my last name, now I am slowly going through the whole list, but a small piece at a time when I am in the creative mood. I love doing it and I love receiving it too. I think it is the most creative thing I have done in a long time. Thanks for having it and maintaining the list.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  10:01:34 AM  Show Profile
We just sent out a batch of mail art a few days ago! We tackled just under 30 names on the list and had a blast. I was cleaning out a bunch of stuff we got from a vendor fair here in town and the girls got some coloring books and I got some calandars at that show that we cut apart and made some pretty goofy little postcards out of.. It kept 2 tots very busy for the better part of a rainy day and got me back into my mail art. I find myself actually looking forward to another wet and dreary day so I can make some more.

Bobbi

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  2:34:34 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

Bobbi I received your mail art yesterday. I just loved the fact that the children helped create it.

One of my dogs was very ill yesterday and had to be "put down" this morning so your wonderful mail art really added some cheer to my day.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  3:36:25 PM  Show Profile
I recieved that cute cute card from Bobbi (and Kaylee) today....thanks so much!! adorable!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  3:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh you're welcome! I'm glad they made it safely! So far none have come back to me, so as far as I can tell the mailing list seems pretty accurate.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  4:17:10 PM  Show Profile
Woo hoo!! Got my rainy day card, too. Thanks, Bobbi and Kaylee!! Made my day. I love seeing things that are made by Moms and kids together. That's what it's all about. Thanks again, ladies!!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  8:26:00 PM  Show Profile
I got my mommy and daughter card today, too! That is really cute! And I had just seen your photos on this site - that made it all the more special! Thank you!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  3:01:41 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm GIrls

If you are busy creating mail art, please remember to send something bright and cheery to our Helen in New Zealand who is going through some rough times.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  8:53:35 PM  Show Profile
In trying to remember all who have lit up my world here lately,I do once again apologize I haven't been able to do my thang of finding this thread nor out much to stand in line at the postoffice to return a shout out to ya.
I do not want to leave anyone out...and I'm sure to, if I start to try to test my memory,so please y'all know I love ya'll and feel so warmly touched for the support you sent up in prayer and the offerings created from your hearts...bless you and your loved ones...praying praying praying believe in miracles!
O and PS thank you (((Kate))) for keeping us united with the upkeep of the list!!PSS a separate little shout out to the anonymous gal(I'm stumped) in Utah whose photo resembles Annie Oakley!!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  08:57:14 AM  Show Profile
hello all.... I have read some of the posts here in the mail art "room" but I can't quite figure out what it is... could someone please let me know as if it has to do with pen pals or sending snail mail I LOVE sending/receiving sanil mail... someone please let me know... thanks, Mella

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  6:32:46 PM  Show Profile
This is MY understanding. It's not really PEN PALS as you may send someone something but not necessarily get something back. I think you send someone a card or something, a hand made one, make a decorative envelope, a handmade postcard, etc, etc. I think the point is just to randomly suprise someone and you might get randomly suprised to!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  6:45:24 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

When the mail art project started last year in the Spring of 2005, each person was supposed to commit to sending at least one piece of mail or mail/art to the next person on the list. The theory was that everyone would eventually move through the list, but I don't believe that this actually happened. I was the first person to maintain the mailing list. It became rather free form! Mail art was just flying through the snail mail system; I seemed to get cool mail everyday for a couple of months. It was wonderful.

I am not certain what is happening now. Kate, who just left MJ Farm, was maintaining the list. I have not really participated in quite awhile, but I would love to do something again. Perhaps it would help if I would actually mail something out! One of the issues was that the list had gotten very large (80+) and quite a few people were trying to mail to everyone on the list. This became prohibitively expensive for many.
Any other comments? Would love to hear from other farmgirls!

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  6:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have the list of addresses. I got one in the mail but it was an excel file and I do not have excel so I couldn't open it!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  09:12:25 AM  Show Profile
okay... I get it now... sounds great...what a surprise indeed! to find a random card nestled in amongst bills.. would make the bills a little easier to handle... I would love to be on the list and have the addresses of people, let me know... thanks, Mella

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  5:51:08 PM  Show Profile
I joined last year and loved it !!!! I had so much fun making my cards and sending them to the women on the list. (I did mine by state) For some reason I put that on the back burner and have not done anything since Thanksgiving. ( I am not arty---I just had fun and did not feel any judgement about my "art")

I agree with Connio, I need to get busy and send some out. OH! You may send a "store bought" card---it really doesn't matter---it's the fun of sending them and maybe receiving something from someone.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  06:50:34 AM  Show Profile
This is only my 2nd post (I guess I should've posted an intro first, but I've just jumped right into the fun stuff!) I'd like to try this as well, please let me know where to send my snail mail and get the list of addresses. I may put my DH on the list--he's not working now, and he feels "invisible", it might be nice for him to get some mail while he's home and I'm at work, but I'm not sure how he'd react to receiving cards from "unknown farmgirls"!!
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  08:43:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathy!!
I am wondering if Libbie is the one maintaining the lists now that Kate is gone? I am not quite sure..but could be. I havn't sent out anything in awhile either..and it IS fun. Some of these gals (not me for sure) are so talented with the mail art..you will love it!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

heathert
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Heather
Royston GA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  11:18:18 AM  Show Profile
I would also love to join in on this mail group! Someone who has a list please send me a copy! I need something to get my creative juices flowing again while the little one is napping...this would be great to do.

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."-Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  4:58:01 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

If those of you who are interested will email me, I will forward the last list that Kate sent out.

I, also wonder if Libbie has taken over this project.

It's tooooo hot in Texas to move right now; I seem to be in some sort of heat induced coma about half of the time! No ac in the car and inadequate ac in the house. My goal is to get going on mailing out cards (not really art in my case) in late September when the heat will have abated a bit, I hope!

Connie
Texas Farm Girl
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  08:26:02 AM  Show Profile
Maybe whoever has taken over the list should revise it. A lot of the girls on it have probably dropped out. Then we can get going again with whoever is still interested and new ladies..

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  12:18:52 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

I think that Mary Jane prefers to have the list maintained by someone on her staff. I maintained it at first and then Kay of Rustic Cottage took it over, and then Mary Jane et al decided to take it over.

Carol of MJ Farms Are you out there? Can you give us some advice please.
I know that Kate was working on shortening it.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  12:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies-

I haven't gotten an update of the list for a while. Whoever is managing it- please re-add me. :) Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  9:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi! As far as I know, I've not been given the list to maintain, but I'll check in with Carol to see what the status is....

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page