True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  12:50:24 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farmgirls!!!

A big Texas thanks to Marlene and Kim for the wonderful cards. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate them.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  1:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Too cute of a card Miss Marlene! I wanted to let ya'll know that we will be moving come the first of May. I've been cleaning and packing up stuff here and actually getting some mail art ideas as I go. :) As I'm taking breaks, I'll work on some mail art to send out. Thanks to those that have sent some beautiful pieces. I'm keeping them in a special box so they won't get lost in the moving process.

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  1:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Jessica, I can relate. While packing this morning, I've found several things I forgot I had that I already know how I can use in mail art! I think that's what I'll do this evening after I'm tired of packing.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  01:00:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls!!!

Selena Thanks so much for the great postcard. I just love receiving mail art and really will begin getting some out again shortly.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  07:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Bridge, thank you so much for the beautiful pendant and the Spring wishes! You made my day!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  1:42:27 PM  Show Profile
The answer is probably somewhere in this long thread, but I'm in too big a hurry to read it all again. What do you ladies use as the "base" of your mail art? Do you make the post card from scrapbooking paper (stock)? It looks like some of the mail art is 3-D. Do you put those in envelopes or just mail them like that? tia

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  2:01:33 PM  Show Profile
I found blank, white cards w/envelopes at the craft store. Can buy a pack of 25 or 50 pretty cheap. You can print on them using the computer or apply items, like wrapping paper, stickers, photos etc. I do a bit of both. I kinda do the layer thing, some pieces of pretty paper cut into shapes, stick flowers, etc. I like to use various theme quotes - I usually surf for a topic - like spring. Then use quotes that I like - I print these on to more pretty paper and cut them to size to fit in my cards. I have also made cards using heavy colored construction paper. I think the sky is the limit to what you can do.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  3:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Selana, many thanks for the lovely postcard, made my day, and what a small world, you have friends in Pomona, thats close! Happy spring!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  7:59:41 PM  Show Profile
What a fun fun mail day!! I got cards from Clare, Ellen (byhzgrace) and NancyJo and SueBabe!!!
You guys are all so sweet..and boy am I behind on mail art...I will be working on soemthing to send out for easter..I sure loved getting mail like this..what a fun day!!! Thanks you all!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  04:40:01 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Ellen (byhzgrace)for the nice postcard, sure hope your back online soon! And to answer your question, no were not near Indedepence, Mo. were south east of there, I think? But enjoy your visit to the Show me State!

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  10:48:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls!!

Anne S Thanks so much for the wonderful Easter Card. It made me feel joyful!!!

Ellen Thanks so much for the seeds and many postcards. I think of you and your family daily.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2006 :  12:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Many thanks to Aunt Jenny for the ADORABLE Easter card that moves!! Too cute!

Go to Top of Page

climbergirl
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

west & north roadtrip
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2006 :  12:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Send climbergirl an AOL message
Hello Farmgirls!

I've just made up a batch of cards to send to all whom I owe. I live and work in London now, but will send the cards home with my mom to mail because I haven't got paid yet! If I owe you a card and you don't receive one from me, it's because I haven't received yours. My San Francisco to Tucson forward wasn't recognised by the post office for some odd reason. I'll find the correct place to send my new address.

It's been tough adjusting sometimes, but I'm so much closer to buying my olive farm in Spain!

I hope you're all well and enjoying spring!

climbergirl

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  06:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Lisa -

e-mail I believe it is kate at the farm to be added to the mail art list.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  10:13:29 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

The Mail Art project has slowly died out. I think that the reason was that the list grew to 100 participants, and everyone was overwhelmed and just could not deal with the large numbers.

Melissa F. sent me an email this weekend in regard to mail art; it seems that the mail art journal that Melissa was nice enough to initiate has been slowly rotating through our community. She told me that she recently contacted the 30 farm girls who were still on the list to see if they were interested in continuing with the journal as the mail art project. This is where we are at with this as of this morning. I am still interested and would love to see mail art revived via the journal or smaller groups etc etc.

Any suggestions from Kate or others?

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  11:17:10 AM  Show Profile
I am on the same list for the journal too. Maybe we can do chapter round robin type mail art cards or just maybe break the main list up into sections of the country, etc. I am not sure, I enjoy doing it but as you say it has gotten quite big and can be overwhelming.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2006 :  10:08:43 AM  Show Profile
I ended up dropping off of the mail art list because I only received maybe a handful of mail art, but put in the time and effort and mailed out many many pieces. In the end it was heartbreaking because you put into the time and effort and several on the list didn't. Not only for that reason, we just moved and won't be sharing our mailing address due to security reasons.

I don't know why some decided to not do mail art after a while or what happened. I stopped after I haven't received anything in 6 months now...and even before then, it was about 4 months since I had received anything.

I'll definitely continue to support the website, board, the farm, and Mary Jane & farm crew. Just wanted to post up my thoughts on this subject.

Take care everyone! :)

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2006 :  11:41:27 AM  Show Profile
connio wrote:The Mail Art project has slowly died out.

I can say I'm sure glad all Y'all didn't get this memo!
Thanks to ALL y'all who have made my mail and heart sing. I apologize for not being able to get here to personally thank you for your fabulous creations.

I can't say I bee an artist, my art seems to be standing in line at the postoffice.

O Please dearKate may I be sent a new list of addys as my harddrive died with the last one inside.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2006 :  2:00:49 PM  Show Profile
Ellen - I can personally say that you are the Queen Bee of Mail Art and mail in general. You have sent me the most wonderuful things, and I feel I have not responded in kind, but know that I love all you have mailed to me.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

climbergirl
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

west & north roadtrip
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  03:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Send climbergirl an AOL message
What I have done is always respond in kind to those who have sent a card to me. If I haven't responded to you, it's because the post office isn't forwarding my mail! I found that when I sent out cards, I rarely received any in return. Which means that someone out there has to be the first to send and hope to receive.

I don't have record of the art I've received because I send it on to my sister for her to enjoy. But I'm always willing to keep exchanging with those I've already exchanged. If you're out there and have received a card from me, you're welcome to send another back and I'll keep up the exchange!

Also, I'm not one to post thank-yous on this board. Instead, I simply respond with a card. So everyone does have their own methods of keeping the group alive.

There's a function on this list to email me directly. If you do so, and send your address, I'll send you a card with a promise of one in return. The first person to respond to my initial posting - over a year ago - traded with me for a while. I wish I had record of her address in New Mexico. If you're out there - please email me and we can start back up!

I'm in London now, but my Arizona PO box mail still gets to me.

And for the discussion on how to start a piece of art, everyone has their own preference. I like the idea of recycling and telling a story with found objects and pieces of my daily life. My cards are often pieces of boxes or cartons (cerial boxes) with bits of stories stuck to them. I've received art that is along the lines of scrapbook pieces and are enclosed in envelopes.

I hope the list doesn't die out completely. Maybe it could do well with less central organizing and more person-to-person contacts? At any rate, keep making and sending those stories!
Go to Top of Page

vtharvestfolkart
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

doreen
West Pawlet VT
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  04:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Send vtharvestfolkart an AOL message
Hello everyone. I would love to be part of this mail art. could someone tell me what it is all about and what i have to do and i will get started.

take care
doreen

Please take a look at my folk art. http://www.crowsoup.com/Market1137.php

"IT'S GOOD TO HAVE AN END TO JOURNEY TOWARDS....BUT IT'S THE JOURNEY THAT MATTERS IN THE END"
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  06:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Doreen -

At the top of the forum page, above where you login there is the home page. Click that and then to the right is it will say sign up for farmgirl projects. If you click that it will take you to the page to sign up for all projects going on right now, including mailart. I believe you end up e-mailing kate at MaryJane's Farm to be put on the list. Be prepared, the list is huge. I take it piece by piece when I do mailart, slowly working my way through the alaphabet.

Anne in Portland, OR

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Guess that I was wrong. Mail art has not died out!!!!

Would love to continue but there must be a way to do this without anyone feeling left out, not getting mail in return etc etc. I think that the main issue is that the list is so long. Could we divide into sub-groups and then go from there?

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  11:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Girls,
I think you need a new list, if you look over the old list you will see that a lot of the names on there do not even post on the site anymore. So I think a brand new list of the girls that REALLY want to do it would be the first step.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  3:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Probably best to e-mail everyone on the list to see if they want to continue. I have done mailart to those that don't post, but get replys from them, etc. So I think they are active that way and may read the forum just don't participate/post as much as everyone else. Then after the list is "cleaned" so to speak, then see about breaking the list into subgroups so it is easier to handle. Just a thought.

Anne in Portland, OR

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page